about selling chars?

This is a discussion on about selling chars? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; if we make a post saying: char xxlvl xxnp and you provide the ring. so we are not allowed to ...
Page: 1

Banned

if we make a post saying:
    char xxlvl xxnp and you provide the ring.

so we are not allowed to make a post like this anymore? i dont understand how this can become a new way to scam. why dont he have a mod log in the char and seal the char for us. then take the ring to the mods account waiting for both parties to say the payment is done.
    Dont know just a thought and a misunderstanding on why i see people making these post and they getting closed.

Banned

I wouldn't trust a mod to log my char...

SmoQ

I wouldn't trust a mod to log my char...[/b]
    +1
    one mod scammed me <_< but i that was long time ago

i doubt many mods even still have KO installed on their comp
    edit: nvm i forgot about interserver-trade mods

Banned

wow didnt know we had mods like this.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

It&#39;s pretty retarded if you asked me... cypher rings are new, they have been out for only months and before that people did it buy selling accounts, I don&#39;t understand why they don&#39;t let them do it again... I mean people know the risk to it, but will still do it.

Banned

It&#39;s pretty retarded if you asked me... cypher rings are new, they have been out for only months and before that people did it buy selling accounts, I don&#39;t understand why they don&#39;t let them do it again... I mean people know the risk to it, but will still do it.[/b]
    I agree. Especially since the person trying to sell an account is trying to get what they can out of it, while the person buying the account is obviously willing to spend money on it. Not having a way to have the buyer provide the ring is pretty silly.

If I have to pay $100 for a cypher ring right now, and only expect to get $200 for the char, the risk of me having to wait to find a buyer(then having the CR&#39;s become cheaper/easier to get in the future) is a dumb investment on my part. As where a person willing to get the ring, then pay me for my char (sealed) for the regular asking price makes things alot easier. Nice topic.

-On a side note, I have 6K Knight cash on my account, since I quit the game, will just fucking rot there since I cant actually just sell the fucking account. (even though EVERY1 knows i&#39;d never scam)....guess I can thank the fucking fags that scammed in the past for ruining that opportunity.

I agree. Especially since the person trying to sell an account is trying to get what they can out of it, while the person buying the account is obviously willing to spend money on it. Not having a way to have the buyer provide the ring is pretty silly.
    If I have to pay $100 for a cypher ring right now, and only expect to get $200 for the char, the risk of me having to wait to find a buyer(then having the CR&#39;s become cheaper/easier to get in the future) is a dumb investment on my part. As where a person willing to get the ring, then pay me for my char (sealed) for the regular asking price makes things alot easier. Nice topic.
    -On a side note, I have 6K Knight cash on my account, since I quit the game, will just fucking rot there since I cant actually just sell the fucking account. (even though EVERY1 knows i&#39;d never scam)....guess I can thank the fucking fags that scammed in the past for ruining that opportunity.[/b]

You could always give your lover PUS items. (me)

Floyd_BR

maybe if u ask mod to do the trade between u and ur buyer they will accept...

MannMorder

It&#39;s pretty retarded if you asked me... cypher rings are new, they have been out for only months and before that people did it buy selling accounts, I don&#39;t understand why they don&#39;t let them do it again... I mean people know the risk to it, but will still do it.[/b]
    Thats not true... it was illegal to sell accounts even before the cypher rings.
    the thing that changed all this was the ip thing, you couldn&#39;t log another person&#39;s account because of an ip.
    but the ip can be changed anyways so i have to agree i don&#39;t see the point in not being able to sell chars.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Thats not true... it was illegal to sell accounts even before the cypher rings.
    the thing that changed all this was the ip thing, you couldn&#39;t log another person&#39;s account because of an ip.
    but the ip can be changed anyways so i have to agree i don&#39;t see the point in not being able to sell chars.[/b]
    You are a new member to ko4life I see... well before Cypher rings were out, no it wasn&#39;t illegal, it was actually the way everyone was selling their accounts. It was illegal by the K2 TOS, so definetly illegal on their forums, but not on these.

You are a new member to ko4life I see... well before Cypher rings were out, no it wasn&#39;t illegal, it was actually the way everyone was selling their accounts. It was illegal by the K2 TOS, so definetly illegal on their forums, but not on these.[/b]
    Actually the guy you quoted was right. They stopped account trades after the Region change came into effect.

CR&#39;s had NOTHING to do with that. Trading only became ALLOWED again after CR&#39;s came out.

Maybe this was when you were to busy being &#39;the best&#39; on a PS and didn&#39;t notice.

"People know the risk", yet they still flame KO4Life when we don&#39;t preemptively ban someone prior to them scamming. See the dilemma from our side?

Anyway, going to close this topic, however, you can continue to debate various ideas in the topic about this same issue in the KO4Life section.