Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree1Likes

For an unfunded first character, should I stop at 59 for Ardream, 69, or keep going?

This is a discussion on For an unfunded first character, should I stop at 59 for Ardream, 69, or keep going? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So it's my first time playing this game, I'm playing an Int Priest right now with 102 Str and 172 ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default For an unfunded first character, should I stop at 59 for Ardream, 69, or keep going?

    So it's my first time playing this game, I'm playing an Int Priest right now with 102 Str and 172 Int (not sure if these stats are alright or if I need to reroll, planning on using Chitin +7). I started with absolutely nothing, am using quest equipment at the moment, and will most likely be using quest armor/jewels for Ardream if I choose to stop at 59. What little money I've scrounged is from quests and mining/fishing. I can never seem to get into Forgotten Temple, and I can never win a chest from Chaos (always bottom).

    Now, one of my golden rules for F2P games is that I never, ever spend money on the cash shop. I make it a point to EARN everything in game, because it both increases the challenge and the sense of accomplishment I get if I succeed, it increases the fun, and I learn much more from the game playing in this manner. That said, since I am unfunded and I'm never able to get chests from Chaos or Temple (because it's always full within 3 seconds of allowing registration), where should I stop this character? I enjoy the PvE aspect and I cannot do PvP without a good group or a guild, neither of which I have yet (I cannot solo).

    Should I stop at 59 for Ardream? Is there anything at 69 to consider stopping for (someone told me there is, but not what it is), or should I just go on past 69? What do you guys recommend?

    For reference, my build for 59 would be 102 STR, 172 Int, rest Health, 54 Buff, 45 Heal.

  2. #2
    Foo
    Foo is offline
    Member Foo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    In my opinion, i would go all the way 83.. easier to make money ingame. Thing is, I just restarted, and idk if people are still farming stuff or anything... Gl mate

  3. #3
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    let me tell you this, if you plan on staying 59 then there will be no PVE for you, since there are no bosses in ardream anymore.
    KO has changed, there is basically no PVE anymore.
    You should quit that game, it was fun a few years ago, now its full of spacy +10 items

  4. #4
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    GL with official KO without premium, better off playing a priv server lol

  5. #5
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    If you're saying you don't want to spend anything on this game, quit it by now and start looking for some private server. there's no way you gonna be able to compete in any USKO server ever without paying bro. sorry to tell you, but KO has changed to much for that. And if you want to do so, it is going to take you years and even by then you're not as strong as the people playing there..

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Seriously? Is the game that badly Pay to Win? What are my non-PvP options for this game from 69-83?

    Let's just say that I do keep playing beyond 60. What should my stat build be for a support priest focused on Buff/Heal? At the moment it's 102 Str, 172 Int, and I'm saving the rest. My skills are 54 Aura, 45 Heal (AC200, 1200HP, and 1960Heal).

    If I ever reached 83, how many skill points would I have total?
    Last edited by TrustyPatches; 08-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    392

    Default

    This game is completely Pay to Win. I've spent $500+ on this game at lvl 83 and still get rolled by these guys. The only people that play are people in Uber Leet clans and they all have $1000+ characters. You just get rolled. There is no fun left in Knight Online.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye4Eye View Post
    This game is completely Pay to Win. I've spent $500+ on this game at lvl 83 and still get rolled by these guys. The only people that play are people in Uber Leet clans and they all have $1000+ characters. You just get rolled. There is no fun left in Knight Online.
    Who in the hell would spend that kind of money on a character in an online game, especially one as simple as this? Jeez, talk about squandering currency.

    But let's say that I keep playing, cause really, I'm bored of tears of everything else right now. What would be a good stat build to aim for as a full support Int Priest for 80-83? I was eyeballing the Lycaon Hammer +7 and thinking about trying for that, but I dunno if it'll still be any good at the higher levels. Any good weapons for 80-83 that don't cost a goddamn fortune? What sort of armor should I go for? Chitin +7? Shell +7? Or something else?

    For reference, I want to be focusing on very high MP, resistances, and attack power if I can get it since Int now governs Priest 1H AP. So what sort of weapon would be good for 80-83 as an Int Priest?
    Last edited by TrustyPatches; 08-29-2014 at 02:27 AM.

  9. #9
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyPatches View Post
    Who in the hell would spend that kind of money on a character in an online game, especially one as simple as this? Jeez, talk about squandering currency.

    But let's say that I keep playing, cause really, I'm bored of tears of everything else right now. What would be a good stat build to aim for as a full support Int Priest for 80-83? I was eyeballing the Lycaon Hammer +7 and thinking about trying for that, but I dunno if it'll still be any good at the higher levels. Any good weapons for 80-83 that don't cost a goddamn fortune? What sort of armor should I go for? Chitin +7? Shell +7? Or something else?

    For reference, I want to be focusing on very high MP, resistances, and attack power if I can get it since Int now governs Priest 1H AP. So what sort of weapon would be good for 80-83 as an Int Priest?
    There is NO good build for a priest if u don't pay, you can't survive anywhere, unless u want to fight blood worms all day i can guarantee you with those weak items you won't make any fun at all.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    There is NO good build for a priest if u don't pay, you can't survive anywhere, unless u want to fight blood worms all day i can guarantee you with those weak items you won't make any fun at all.
    Just please give me an ideal build and items to look for so I at least have a goal and let me worry about whether or not I'll have fun as a F2P later. What equipment should I be looking for later, as far as a 1h weapon and armor are concerned?

  11. #11
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    You will not survive with those items man.KO is simply not a PvE game lol its a gear fest for PvP (official at least.) If you like the game and want to try PvP out, play a priv server. Otherwise you're completely waisting ur time if you dont drop 1k+ on USKO.

    The people thats posted on this topic has played since MYKO days back in 2006, so we've had our fair share of bullshit and good times with this game.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    You will not survive with those items man.KO is simply not a PvE game lol its a gear fest for PvP (official at least.) If you like the game and want to try PvP out, play a priv server. Otherwise you're completely waisting ur time if you dont drop 1k+ on USKO.

    The people thats posted on this topic has played since MYKO days back in 2006, so we've had our fair share of bullshit and good times with this game.
    Just PLEASE give me a good Int build and a list of items that I'll want to hunt for later. Everyone is just telling me to quit instead of giving me something to go on...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I suggest you check out the private server section

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonko View Post
    I suggest you check out the private server section
    Jesus, if nobody is gonna actually try to help me out with build/equipment advice, I'm just gonna close this thread. I'm asking nicely for help here and everyone is instead telling me off...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyPatches View Post
    Jesus, if nobody is gonna actually try to help me out with build/equipment advice, I'm just gonna close this thread. I'm asking nicely for help here and everyone is instead telling me off...
    Krowaz gabs adamant with holyanimor, lobo/lycaon hammer.. open a buying merchant to check out which stat is required

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 02:55 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 01:28 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •