Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Upcoming changes

This is a discussion on Upcoming changes within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I can use the Xenforo license I bought on another site, so switching to IPB is not a problem. Yet, ...
Page: 3

I can use the Xenforo license I bought on another site, so switching to IPB is not a problem. Yet, I did check IPB before buying Xenforo and I like more where Xenforo is heading and also the community. I know IPB didn't fail where vB failed when trying to be more than just a forum, but still I've never liked IPB, and trust me, I've been checking its progress for the past 6 years or so. Been using forum software for the past 12 years and Xenforo just feels right. Clean code, simple but powerful and very fast. Also quite a few huge boards moved to Xenforo and feedback is great. I'm sure IPB has its fair share of huge boards, but never liked much IPB, feels like meh...

Lets hear more experiences with IPB.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I can use the Xenforo license I bought on another site, so switching to IPB is not a problem. Yet, I did check IPB before buying Xenforo and I like more where Xenforo is heading and also the community. I know IPB didn't fail where vB failed when trying to be more than just a forum, but still I've never liked IPB, and trust me, I've been checking its progress for the past 6 years or so. Been using forum software for the past 12 years and Xenforo just feels right. Clean code, simple but powerful and very fast. Also quite a few huge boards moved to Xenforo and feedback is great. I'm sure IPB has its fair share of huge boards, but never liked much IPB, feels like meh...

Lets hear more experiences with IPB.
    yeah well , I agree about the fact that Xenforo is more clean I don't know if its faster but IPB has alot of features that other boards like vb/xenforo don't have yet.
    I personally saw way more IPB forums than vBulletin/Xenforo on the last few years, I'm assuming people wouldn't use IPB on their forums if it would make their sites work slower or if they wouldn't like it.

Its your site, your choice.
    But as I said, I believe members here would love IPB more than vB or xenforo.
    Also there are alot of features you could install/enable in that system, I find it more useful and handy.

You could make a poll if you want :P I don't think every single member here know what are we talking about but you could show an example of IPB/Xenforo and let the members decide what they think is better

Polls are useless cause ppl with and without knowledge will vote, making the result worthless. I rather see real experiences, not a bar that tells me nothing

Xenforo better IPBoard just too old and its complicated to fix the bugs over there even tho im using IPB but i will switch it once i get my domain
    Go for Xenforo

Very happy to see this, needless to say my activity has been scarce as of lately but with my military training coming to an end I'm excited to be back.

Looking forward to the update & what else is to come.

Just make sure new forum has all the options that this one has(likes, postcount, signatures etc.) Otherwise it might be bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Just make sure new forum has all the options that this one has(likes, postcount, signatures etc.) Otherwise it might be bad idea.
    It doesn't save post count. But I suppose the rest should stay the same.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Xenforo better IPBoard just too old and its complicated to fix the bugs over there even tho im using IPB but i will switch it once i get my domain
    Go for Xenforo
    IPBoard isn't old and it has no bugs, the only bugs you might have is the bugs you got in your nulled theme which is not big deal.
    Devile is going for a license version and not a nulled one,
    I'm assuming that he will use license version skin as well but in case he's going for a nulled theme there are plenty of nulled themes that works perfectly, without any bugs.

I'm not coming to argue with you or something,
    But 2?3?months ago you pmed me and asked me a question about IPB and said you started working on your clan forums,
    I highly doubt that you made enough experience with IPB&Xenforo in 2-3months so you can say which one is better :P

Plus, IP.Content is very useful for gaming websites as well.. I guess Xenforo got something like this as well but I'm not familiar with it so I can't say.
    It could be really usefull if he would setup it

Quote Originally Posted by ™Infected™ View Post
    I'm not coming to argue with you or something,
    But 2?3?months ago you pmed me and asked me a question about IPB and said you started working on your clan forums,
    I highly doubt that you made enough experience with IPB&Xenforo in 2-3months so you can say which one is better :P
    I've been working on IPBoard more than 2-3 months, what im asking u is, i dont wanna spend money and im asking for free stuff thats all
    and yeah, i didn't get single help from you, i did everything on myself

Ok guys, please keep this via PMs.
    ExclusiveBastard and zuka like this.

Little archer Senior Member

Wasn't ko4life an ipb board at some point? It had the best smileys.

Banned Senior Member

tbh if the registration date and post count resets im going to just make a new name

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    tbh if the registration date and post count resets im going to just make a new name
    No idea where was that stated here, but none of those will reset. Post count will always change when you migrate. In time, posts get deleted or moved to sections where post count doesn't increase but post count remains the same regardless of that. If you migrate, it will recount accurately the current amount of existing posts, reason why the post count will change. Even without moving, if I update post count for users, it will decrease for everyone. No idea how much it will reduce for everyone, I just know for a fact that it will less than what you have today.

This is work in progress so don't start bitching about styles and colors. My post count decreased by a couple posts only. Registration date is the same. I've imported even Likes and all seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Wasn't ko4life an ipb board at some point? It had the best smileys.
    That was ranking, not ko4life. We started with phpBB if I recall correctly. Then migrated to vBulletin. Also, smiles can be imported.

O_o Senior Member

I miss the :ph34r: smiley
    Danny, razor and MrRapist like this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

so you went for Xenforo eventually eh ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    I miss the :ph34r: smiley
    He can always add it you know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast