Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Upgrading

This is a discussion on Upgrading within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; mmm lina confirmed my theory. nice....
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

mmm lina confirmed my theory. nice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Looking at the server sourcecode they use random time in events.. Point is, a computer doesnt know what random is. Well that means in a particularly time it will give success or fail, that's why sometimes when people trade in treasure chests at the same time get the same items, that's why people burn because they are waiting for the right time it will give success. Not exactly sure what time startpoint they have, by default time is calculated from how many MS its been since January 1 1970. Theoretically, someone could program a packet sender, try to upgrade a Wood staff+8 to +9 if success instantly try to upgrade the item you wanted ex. Shard+8 to +9, or packet listen or fast read the chat message that pops up when someone successfully upgrade something to +9 and instantly click upgrade. It's a bit more tricky then that, server might have some internet delay recieving and sending information from and to you, that would cost a few hundred MS and mess up the time.. Have fun though!
    There is no such thing as a random value, that's true. The rest is wrong, though.
    MySexualIntention likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MySexualIntention View Post
    Such a long post for something so useless.
    It's not useless, I too remember people getting the same FT item at the same time.

I believe the anvil is more RNG based but there might be some truth to his claims.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    It's not useless, I too remember people getting the same FT item at the same time.

I believe the anvil is more RNG based but there might be some truth to his claims.
    hou der yu rezor?

right click item , right click bus, cross both figures and go for it

I BELIEVE I wish I could be really good at it lol

Looking at the server sourcecode they use random time in events.. Point is, a computer doesnt know what random is. Well that means in a particularly time it will give success or fail, that's why sometimes when people trade in treasure chests at the same time get the same items, that's why people burn because they are waiting for the right time it will give success. Not exactly sure what time startpoint they have, by default time is calculated from how many MS its been since January 1 1970. Theoretically, someone could program a packet sender, try to upgrade a Wood staff+8 to +9 if success instantly try to upgrade the item you wanted ex. Shard+8 to +9, or packet listen or fast read the chat message that pops up when someone successfully upgrade something to +9 and instantly click upgrade. It's a bit more tricky then that, server might have some internet delay recieving and sending information from and to you, that would cost a few hundred MS and mess up the time.. Have fun though!
    Ppls getting the same treshure chests is probably LUCK.
    Time can be 0.000001 seconds and for a computer it's nothing.
    So lets agree on that the only thing matters when upgrading is balls and not give a fuck about burning.

If anyone remember on ronark they totally removed the anvil due to some abuse so i guess they changed it a couple of times and made it safer.

LambOfGod likes this.

its only about luck .

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

lol :P thanks guys, but I tried EVERY single one of your tactics and made 3x HB+7 2x DS+7 (Out of 5x HB's and 5x DS's) GG! I even tried the crazy ones..

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
    lol :P thanks guys, but I tried EVERY single one of your tactics and made 3x HB+7 2x DS+7 (Out of 5x HB's and 5x DS's) GG! I even tried the crazy ones..
    Video or it didn't happen.

If it did happen. Buy 3 Trinas and make HB+8 or bb!

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eye4Eye View Post
    Video or it didn't happen.

If it did happen. Buy 3 Trinas and make HB+8 or bb!
    Lol no I couldnt record, I get really laggy than, but hell no. 3x hb+7 = 21gbs :P

any1 got experiences of success rate drop badly from +3-+4 on non-bless scrolls? it used to go 95% for me prior to merge and last few updates. tried on some jank other day and less than HALF made it from 3 to 4. that just sounds absurd...I am hoping it is anomaly and not the rule T_T...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12