Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

usko database rehacked

This is a discussion on usko database rehacked within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Priestish i dont get your analogy using food. U say once hashed it stays hashed well when u eat u ...
Page: 5

Priestish i dont get your analogy using food. U say once hashed it stays hashed well when u eat u digest it doesnt stay as food, you absorb what you need and shit out the bad stuff/excess

Foretold

Originally posted by Doc
    no i am saying that the hash can be broken down into plain text form. *LMFAO with your shitty explanation though nice one

Yes it is a string of bits so is everything but it has to remain the same so that when it is read at other end it reads the same every time in plain text.
    5 bucks you got all that off google ^_^ :P

Originally posted by Doc
    no i am saying that the hash can be broken down into plain text form. *LMFAO with your shitty explanation though nice one

Yes it is a string of bits so is everything but it has to remain the same so that when it is read at other end it reads the same every time in plain text.
    Again, that will work with stuff like dictionary words or short passwords. 12 digits password, upper/lower case, numbers will take ages to crack as Priestish said. Sure, u can always try those MD5 hash dabatases but u will be lucky if u catch few ones. Something like this, aint gonna be in a MD5 hash database:

K19FaVckyztZ = 5c5be57882b89582c26ef05907f95f93

Even if u got a terabyte of previously "cracked" hashes, not to mention that if u add special characters like $%& the chances multiply exponentially. Sure, someday, these databases will contain pretty much every single hash for passwords made from 1 to 12 characters, and all possible combinations. But prolly by that day, we won't be using MD5 as default encryption for passwords.

Anyway, pointless discussion since KO store passwords in plain text.

PS: Priestish example was trying to say that once u hash the password, u can't go backwards and get the password from that hash. Only thing u can do is try passwords til u get an identical match to the hash. That means endless hours of trying and trying, from u or someone else.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    @
    Besides, what makes u think KO passwords are MD5 hashes? Maybe they are encrypted with a different algorithm or even in plain text I'm 99% sure they are in plain text.
    I really hope you're wrong about that, Devile.[/b]
    It's either plain text or an algorithm they can encrypt and decrypt. My guess, plain text. Also, didn't few months a ago a hacker post a list of accounts/passwords supposedly from a hacked DB? That kinda supports the idea of plain text.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Festo

Well it used to be plain text but in january, a memo was sent to everyone. Which stated what desired additions we would like;

Desired Additions
    • Expand game chat limit for game masters to 256.
    • Add more levels of gm privileges. *
    • Detailed GM command list
    • Recompile Knight tools so that our version of our tool is unique only to USKO. *
    Encrypt the game database password and account ID fields.
    • New boss - We need detailed requirements to design these boss’s ourselves. *

So *
    B)
    [/quote]

Hence why I never pursued 70 and likely never will, it doesn't seem worth the effort when some sob can just take my account away from me.

they cant. let them try, they cant do anything.

Zulkir

Originally posted by 0000000
    /Off topic

As i saw, there was nothing to fraps in WC but did you get some yet?

priestish

Originally posted by Festo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festo)</div>
    Priestish i dont get your analogy using food. U say once hashed it stays hashed well when u eat u digest it doesnt stay as food, you absorb what you need and shit out the bad stuff/excess[/b]

Originally posted by Devile@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Doc

Again, that will work with stuff like dictionary words or short passwords. 12 digits password, upper/lower case, numbers will take ages to crack as Priestish said. Sure, u can always try those MD5 hash dabatases but u will be lucky if u catch few ones. Something like this, aint gonna be in a MD5 hash database:

K19FaVckyztZ = 5c5be57882b89582c26ef05907f95f93

Even if u got a terabyte of previously "cracked" hashes, not to mention that if u add special characters like $%& the chances multiply exponentially. Sure, someday, these databases will contain pretty much every single hash for passwords made from 1 to 12 characters, and all possible combinations. But prolly by that day, we won't be using MD5 as default encryption for passwords.

Anyway, pointless discussion since KO store passwords in plain text.

PS: Priestish example was trying to say that once u hash the password, u can't go backwards and get the password from that hash. Only thing u can do is try passwords til u get an identical match to the hash. That means endless hours of trying and trying, from u or someone else.
    MD5 hash is not just used for pwd. They are used for error checking and signitures of a string. Which means these strings could be long mega or even gigabytes long. MD5 is only 512 bits so it is very much reduced.

Using the food anal analogy (funny you can't have analogy without being anal), you can look at the shit to help determine what food you ate. There are studies of that and MD5 common pwd hashes. For example, hash that just use only alphabet and number can be detected by looking at the hash. I wouldn't expect people to know this, likewise I can't tell shit apart. But just keep in mind that md5 do have faint patterns enough to give hints of the structure of the string.

doc look like a script kiddie :mellow:

Originally posted by Zulkir+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zulkir)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-0000000
    /Off topic

As i saw, there was nothing to fraps in WC but did you get some yet?[/b]
    I didnt attend any WC events. I let a friend of mine from olympia play on my account as 0000000. I would like to see some fraps though, i heard the chinks were worse than i thought, cant even combo. No wonder they all use 3rd party programs

x_Lionheart_x

Originally posted by 0000000+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(0000000)</div>
    Originally posted by Zulkir@
    <!--QuoteBegin-0000000

/Off topic

As i saw, there was nothing to fraps in WC but did you get some yet?
    I didnt attend any WC events. I let a friend of mine from olympia play on my account as 0000000. I would like to see some fraps though, i heard the chinks were worse than i thought, cant even combo. No wonder they all use 3rd party programs [/b]
    Wow, please keep your racist babble to yourself.

Banned

There sins were all horrible ^^..even a olympia nooby like me was spamming cz for a bit ^^...and every sin 1v1 = him redballing, and glitching away...even if I was unbuffed ><.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Vlein
    u can make a php script that reads thru a big list of "word list" (password list for brute force) for the md5, we did this to fuckgaming before, we downloaded their database thru their root admin, and made a php script read thru the word list. so people with passwords that were common in the english language would pop up.
    +1

I'll just quick-write one right here for you.

Code:
    <? 

$decrypt = "YOUR MD5 HASH HERE";

$foo1 = fopen("wordlist.txt", "r"); 

$foo2 = fread($foo1, 999999); 

fclose($foo1); 

$foo = explode($foo1, "n"); 

$num = 0;

$tot = count($foo);

while ($num < $tot)

{

$match1 = md5($foo[$num]);

if ($match1 == $decrypt)

{

echo "Password cracked. *The password is $foo[$num]. *Vlein is gay.";

exit;

}

else

{

$num++;

}

}

?>
    How hard was that?

EDIT: One problem is though, you'll have to set your PHP script timeout at a really high amount or you'll just get a crashed IE screen.

vig0r

To be honest i think it's a hoax,basically because like yun said in the first pic no script kiddie could pull it off and i doubt there are many Computer haxors at the age of 12 h43r: Despite that ko should really work on security Db hacking is like a walk in the park for people who know what to do

CHINKY CHINKY

Bobashop

Originally posted by 0000000
    CHINKY CHINKY
    they are almost as smart in wow as turks in ko

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast