Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ventrilo

This is a discussion on Ventrilo within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; should realy concider not useing vent, it has a ftp exploit people can upload trojans to your pc with no ...
Page: 4

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

should realy concider not useing vent, it has a ftp exploit people can upload trojans to your pc with no notification,,,and saying it is normal from vent witch is usualy allowed already on firewalls leaveing it undestectible and unsafe to use...
    team speak how ever does not have this flaw vent has...so it is safer to use team speak and if the chats are set correctly to the Speex 25.9 Kbit setting the sound quality is actualy good ';-]
    works great with my music studo equipmant ';s
    another good point is vent does have a better chat system, thou if you realy wanted to have a chat yahoo and other clients are more preferred in my point of view...
    also...
    team speak has a channel commander option you can use on self option that takes away that under water effect/ aka echo.
    vent is just to unsafe to use since people can connect to who ever is on it ftp style.

P.S.and open mind thinks out side the box[/b]

i heard Chuck Norris can round kick you in the face over vent.[/b]

element43978

hmm everytime i try to connect it doesnt let me :S

Because vent is offline.

asenptot

ko4life vent is gonna be online or not ?

ko4life vent is gonna be online or not ?[/b]
    I've talked to phantom a while ago about getting a different vent, I think he had an idea of when he wanted to get it. I'd help him pay for it/mod it if I still had a job :lol: Maybe I should bring it up with him again soon.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

wow gj pulling up a supperrr old topic GG

wow gj pulling up a supperrr old topic GG[/b]
    this was pinned retard, doesn't matter how old it is. and ko4life vent is something that should be discussed, a lot of people used to use it.

Banned Senior Member

If theres enough interest in it, I might restart the ko4life vent back up again. Donations ( even small ) are also pretty nice seeing as Para is out of a job now I think :P all depending on the size of the vent and how many people plan on using it for their guilds as well

I got tired of paying for the ventrilo for over a year when it was rarely used (it would go back and forth in population). I never received any donation cash to host it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234