Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

A little K2 info for you

This is a discussion on A little K2 info for you within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sohu operates two multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG games): Knight Online and Blade Online. In addition to MMORPG games, ...
Page: 1

fede

Red face

Sohu operates two multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG games): Knight Online and Blade Online. In addition to MMORPG games, the Company also operates a casual game platform on its portal, mainly consisting of self-developed chess and board games. In November 2006, the Company terminated the operation of Knight Online when the license contract expired. It will maintain servers for Knight Online until March 20, 2007. In December 2006, Sohu announced the launch of Blade Hero Online, which is the upgraded version of Blade Online.
    ----
    seems all the crap started just after k2 took control of the servers..lol

-----

K2 says it has nearly 8 million subscribers for its four online games, with most of those subscribers playing for free.

K2 does not disclose revenues, but it was categorized at a technology conference in Dana Point last month as a company with more than $10 million in revenues.

--------------

Joshua Hong

CEO and founder of K2 Network

Born: South Korea
    Lives: Irvine
    Education: B.S. in industrial engineering from Purdue University. M.B.A. in finance, accounting and international business from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
    Experience: Co-founded K2 Network in 2001. Prior to the establishment of the company, he was vice president of strategic planning and growth at Kali, developer of one of the first network-based multiplayer game systems. In 2004, Hong co-founded Item*Star, China's leading digital game item trading platform, and serves as its CFO. That same year he also co-founded Game Networks in the United States, the game industry's first cross-industry conference for broadband ISPs, content aggregators, service providers and game developers. Prior to becoming an entrepreneur in the online games industry, Hong was a management consultant at Accenture.
    Family: Single
    Favorite movie: "When Harry Met Sally" ("I don't know why I like this old movie so much but it brought many smiles to my face over the years.")
    Favorite activity: I am a runner. I run because it centers me when I am off balance. I run because it initializes my overburdened life to the simplicity of earth, ocean, sun and me.

Heroes:

* For public speaking, I love Tony Blair, down to every syllable he says.
    * For technology business, I love Steve Jobs.
    * For overall business building, I think Sam Walton is the king, the king of corporate frugality.
    * For entrepreneurship, Richard Branson made it fun. Fun = Business.
    * For beating the odds against you, Japanese ruler Toyotomi Hideyoshi 1537-1598) redefined political persistence and patience.

Favorite quote: "Pour your heart into it."
    Insights about innovation: "Innovation is a way of everyday business life. Without it, a business will decay and customers will leave."

---------

Matthew Hannus
    Vice president of strategic growth for K2 Network
    Born: Chicago
    Lives: Laguna Beach
    Education: B.S. in finance, University of Illinois
    Experience: Entrepreneurial finance, both operating and advisory sides. Stints at KPMG, First Analysis, M-Code Software. A founding principal at Fultonbridge Partners LLC.
    Family: Married, with baby girl due in December.
    Hero/role model: "My dad, hands down. He is truly the most principled person I know."
    Favorite quote: "I have a bad memory for things like quotes for, as Voltaire said, 'A witty saying proves nothing.' "
    Tip for companies that want to be innovative: Support creative people and ideas.

---------

K2 Network

Online game publisher and distributor

Headquarters: Irvine, with offices in Seoul, South Korea, and Bangalore, India.

Employees: 95

Ownership: Private

Revenues: More than $10 million a year

Founded: 2001

Products:

•Knight Online ( www.knightonlineworld.com)

•Global MU Online

•War Rock

•Golf King

Web:www.k2network.net

Sources: K2 Network, AeA conference

stevouk

WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THIS? ZZZZ

JUST ANOTHER USELESS POST...I WISH I WAS ADMIN/MOD

MakuLine

JUST ANOTHER USELESS POST...I WISH I WAS ADMIN/MOD[/b]

shut up mister asshole! Stop posting in those threads if they make you angry

wawh

shut up mister asshole! Stop posting in those threads if they make you angry[/b]
    he's kinda right. this is a useless post lol, why do we need to know this?

:TeK:

where did u find this?

wawh

where did u find this?[/b]
    www.k2network.com

fede

JUST ANOTHER USELESS POST...I WISH I WAS ADMIN/MOD[/b]
    your a dick...simple
    you just post to be heard ..

-----
    this info is free on the net..
    some people find it interesting to know a little about k2 .....and since this forum is all about k2 this fits unlike stevouk who should just be silent for a while since i see you make as many reply s as there are cheaters in game...lol and if you EVER become an admin or mod the board would be as fucked as k2 is now

:TeK:

In November 2006, the Company terminated the operation of Knight Online when the license contract expired. It will maintain servers for Knight Online until March 20, 2007. In December 2006, Sohu announced the launch of Blade[/b]
    its past 20th march lol

fede

its past 20th march lol[/b]
    yer thats the point now the servers have changed hands all's gone to crap :P :P :P

stevouk

your a dick...simple
    you just post to be heard ..[/b]
    no im just sick of all the retarded posts on the forums, tell me a good reason why this information is valuable to anyone on this forum and i will never come on these forums again...

And everyone posts to be heard...Zzzz obviously, if you didnt want to be heard you wouldnt post at all, i want to get my side of the story across..if you dont like how i do it then fuck off.

Mario

WTF is Blade Online and Blade Hero Online ?? cant find it in network... If u talkin about Hero Online, this game is crap...

more crap here: http://www.investor.reuters.wallst.com/sto...p;ticker=SOHU.O ??

fede

no im just sick of all the retarded posts on the forums, tell me a good reason why this information is valuable to anyone on this forum and i will never come on these forums again...[/b]
    lets see
    it tells people who is in control of k2 how much they earn (so as to quell the rumors k2 is is going bust .it tells them who many people play the game (for ko it's around 2 million ) it tells them where there Headquarters are ,it also tells them where there money goes to (since it has 95 people on it's pay role ) and for those who like ko it tells them about other games k2 make..

now NEVER come back

stevouk

lets see
    it tells people who is in control of k2 how much they earn (so as to quell the rumors k2 is is going bust .it tells them who many people play the game (for ko it's around 2 million ) it tells them where there Headquarters are ,it also tells them where there money goes to (since it has 95 people on it's pay role ) and for those who like ko it tells them about other games k2 make..

now NEVER come back[/b]
    but still...why does anybody NEED to know that?

we play the game, we dont need to know who how many people work there and where their HQ is or anything

fede

but still...why does anybody NEED to know that?[/b]
    Why do YOU post here ? you dont NEED to you WANT to and some people MAY like to know a little about k2 SIMPLE..and so i just provided the CORRECT info..when you buy some thing you want to know a little about the people your buying from same here people spend money and would like to know where it goes and what it is spent on

MakuLine

but still...why does anybody NEED to know that?

we play the game, we dont need to know who how many people work there and where their HQ is or anything[/b]

do you have small balls or what?You are annoying! IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS THREAD THEN DONT POST >_>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast