Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

views on turkish racism

This is a discussion on views on turkish racism within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Cleatus+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleatus)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-ooooo You wonder why i dislike Islam? The same reason i dislike Christianity; their religious ...
Page: 5

iKilledLincoln

Originally posted by Cleatus+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleatus)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-ooooo
    You wonder why i dislike Islam? The same reason i dislike Christianity; their religious texts are full of bigotted homophobic, anti-scientific NONSENSE that encourages violence against nonbelievers, discourages condoms and tries to control via the fear of a deity. In our country i can go to speakers corner and speak out against religion freely all day, its a shame most of the rest of the world doesn't have the same liberties as us.
    There are so many things wrong with this statement.

Folks, psuedo-intellectuallism is not healthy. There is a difference between being well read, and being able to regurgitate someone else's opinions. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I respect the fact that oo has one. The issue here is it does not seem that the lad has really "studied" any scripture or doctrine to accurately make this type of an evaluation.

I agree, there are many well read indiviuals who have based thier opinion on study, however, in this case it seems there is some biased study. I feel before a person developes such a harsh outlook on a subject, they would be do well to investigate THOROUGHLY both views on the topic. This helps an intellectual avoid making innacurrate statements which will summarily result in lost credibility as one who has some knowledge of something.

Let's point out some examples;

Christianity and violence toward non-believers: I'm forced to question this statement immediately. Jesus did preach "meekness is not weekness", however He discouraged violence. He discouraged retaliation for that matter. In actuallity (to paraphrase) He said "I got your back yo. Don't sweat dem, 'aight. When dat day come, we gonna has some fierce shizzle up in Heav-inizzle and ya'll who hears me, be wit me. Dem who don't.. dey's faked mang. Werd." (Those who take up the sword against their enemy do so on thier own. It is better to let the Father in Heaven Judge them. ) Forgive those who sin against you??? c'mon negro.. where you pull this from man???

Anti-Scientific: Please, if I need to explain this, you haven't the first clue. Say it with me "Anti-Scientific" ... I'll give you a few moments to think about this........

.... there now.. dont' you feel stupid? If your answer is still no, I win for the reason that you've no clue what you're talking about. Not even in the slightest degree.

America Founded the freedom of speach.. remember? Used to be you couldn't do that in the King's land. The Prodestants (those are the Christians) came to the "New Land" and told his majesty to fak off. Then they wrote that .. oh.. what did they call it? That one letter where they said .. you can pretty much feel free to do whatever it is you wanna do as long as you're not hurting anyone / thing? BIll of (cleatus is ) Right(s)??? Then they ammended it a few times, and the rest of the free world tried to stop these violent bigotted homophobic, anti-scientific NONSENSE that encourages violence against nonbelievers, discourages condoms and tries to control via the fear of a deity believing people with .. bigotry, violence, science-less, fear of a person ordained by a diety - that was the king for those of you who aren't following this (cough 000 cough). Not that any of that last part has anything to do with Christianity, however, the statement of free country, etc - just felt didn't really seem appropriate.

There are a few other areas of your statement I would love to pick apart. Sadly, the rest of the community just skimmed and went "oh shit, words" and scrolled down, waiting for some funny quip. A few of you will read this I'm sure, the rest of you don't care. I appologize for yet another wall of words. As I've stated previously, I have an issue with ignorance.

Now for the disclaimer, my Grandmother is from GB, was born and raised on the Riviera. I love my Grandma, she's a proud memeber of the Daughters of the British Empire. Everytime I visit her I enjoy scones, trifle, and tea. I plan to take 45 days of vacation to visit Torquay and places east next summer. Some of the finest gentlemen on this game are from UK. I listen to Radio2 (used to be radio1, ty batty for bringing me up to speed), find victoria bekham one of the sexiest ladies alive, even tho I pronounce it toe-may-toe - toe-mah-toe sounds nicer, and generally find the brittish to be charming, decent individuals.

I hope this helps you in some way. :wub: Cheers Mate.

ps - I've seen your pk video and I would like to salute your effort there. In the world of KE, you are something special.[/b]
    +1...yes i read all of it

sorry i think you are being oversimplistic, i will just pick out some things i disagree with:

I do not "regurgitate" opinions, i have read the bible and the koran back to back before which is more than most others. Both are filled with lots of contradictions, especially with regards to violence, the koran moreso. A god that loves all people yet insitigates genocide on a mass scale (noah's arc), To free Lot from captivity, Abram sends an army of slaves to pursue and smite his captors (condoning slavery), God kills everyone (men, women, children, infants, newborns) in Sodom and Gomorrah by raining "fire and brimstone from the Lord out of heaven." Well, almost everyone, he spares the "just and righteous" Lot and his family (the amount of violent homophobia in the bible is staggering). It is true that jesus was a peaceful man, but the god that he represented was definately not.

I could go on all day but this is a gaming forum. The fact that both religions are based on contradictions and inaccuracies isnt really in dispute. The fact that they are anti-science just stems from the fact that religion has many times been a barrier to progress, in the times of Copernicus, Gallileo, the inquisition, stem cell research, combating AIDS... and many other issues. Instead of insulting my knowledge, please provide counter-evidence. It seems to me you are just another religious sheep.

As for the bill of rights and your constitution, there was a huge lobby there to instill a christian-based government of which the main detractor and instiller of your current secular status was Thomas Jefferson. He is one of my favourite historical men. My personal opinion is that the USA is not the free country it once was, and its a bit inappropriate for presidential candidates to be judged how good a christian they are. George Bush seems to want to take the USA back to the dark ages with his crazy fundamentalism and disregard for civil liberties.

If you disagree with my thoughts then please provide specific examples instead of some ebonics that i cant really understand anyway.

morax

Whos worse an American or a Turk? ....

.... Answer is it depends on the person.

Simple enough really isnt it?

Originally posted by Cleatus+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cleatus)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-ooooo
    You wonder why i dislike Islam? The same reason i dislike Christianity; their religious texts are full of bigotted homophobic, anti-scientific NONSENSE that encourages violence against nonbelievers, discourages condoms and tries to control via the fear of a deity. In our country i can go to speakers corner and speak out against religion freely all day, its a shame most of the rest of the world doesn't have the same liberties as us.

Christianity and violence toward non-believers: I'm forced to question this statement immediately. Jesus did preach "meekness is not weekness", however He discouraged violence. He discouraged retaliation for that matter. In actuallity (to paraphrase) He said "I got your back yo. Don't sweat dem, 'aight. When dat day come, we gonna has some fierce shizzle up in Heav-inizzle and ya'll who hears me, be wit me. Dem who don't.. dey's faked mang. Werd." (Those who take up the sword against their enemy do so on thier own. It is better to let the Father in Heaven Judge them. ) Forgive those who sin against you??? c'mon negro.. where you pull this from man???

Anti-Scientific: Please, if I need to explain this, you haven't the first clue. Say it with me "Anti-Scientific" ... I'll give you a few moments to think about this........

America Founded the freedom of speach.. remember? Used to be you couldn't do that in the King's land. The Prodestants (those are the Christians) came to the "New Land" and told his majesty to fak off. Then they wrote that .. oh.. what did they call it? That one letter where they said .. you can pretty much feel free to do whatever it is you wanna do as long as you're not hurting anyone / thing? BIll of (cleatus is ) Right(s)??? Then they ammended it a few times, and the rest of the free world tried to stop these violent bigotted homophobic, anti-scientific NONSENSE that encourages violence against nonbelievers, discourages condoms and tries to control via the fear of a deity believing people with .. bigotry, violence, science-less, fear of a person ordained by a diety - that was the king for those of you who aren't following this (cough 000 cough). Not that any of that last part has anything to do with Christianity, however, the statement of free country, etc - just felt didn't really seem appropriate.

ps - I've seen your pk video and I would like to salute your effort there. In the world of KE, you are something special.[/b]

The american war of independance is history and has little to do with modern times. Inventing something does not give you the sole rights to it.

Regarding Christianity, I will agree with you Cleatus when christianity turns away form the old testament (it is there is it not that it says "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" and other charming stories about waters, dead son and locusts? ). At least where I come from chriastianity still teaches the old testament.

There are many ways to read the books, I know, but lets see how the religion was applied. Hasn't christianity been violent towards unbelievers? What use is what the books say, when what is done in the name of God is entirely different?

Kik0

Originally posted by SilverBlade+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverBlade)</div>
    Originally posted by Cleatus@
    <!--QuoteBegin-ooooo

ps - I've seen your pk video and I would like to salute your effort there. In the world of KE, you are something special.

The american war of independance is history and has little to do with modern times. Inventing something does not give you the sole rights to it.

Regarding Christianity, I will agree with you Cleatus when christianity turns away form the old testament (it is there is it not that it says "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" and other charming stories about waters, dead son and locusts? ). At least where I come from chriastianity still teaches the old testament.

There are many ways to read the books, I know, but lets see how the religion was applied. Hasn't christianity been violent towards unbelievers? What use is what the books say, when what is done in the name of God is entirely different?[/b]
    Multiple crusades FTW! Nothing beats a little papal sanctioned murder...

Dragonfaire

Blah Blah Blah, I can\'t hear you!
    Blah Blah Blah, I\'m not listening!
    Blah Blah Blah, All i hear is,
    Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah!

Cleatus

Originally posted by 0000000
    sorry i think you are being oversimplistic, i will just pick out some things i disagree with:

I do not "regurgitate" opinions, i have read the bible and the koran back to back before which is more than most others. Both are filled with lots of contradictions, especially with regards to violence, the koran moreso. A god that loves all people yet insitigates genocide on a mass scale (noah's arc), To free Lot from captivity, Abram sends an army of slaves to pursue and smite his captors (condoning slavery), God kills everyone (men, women, children, infants, newborns) in Sodom and Gomorrah by raining "fire and brimstone from the Lord out of heaven." Well, almost everyone, he spares the "just and righteous" Lot and his family (the amount of violent homophobia in the bible is staggering). It is true that jesus was a peaceful man, but the god that he represented was definately not. *

I could go on all day but this is a gaming forum. The fact that both religions are based on contradictions and inaccuracies isnt really in dispute. The fact that they are anti-science just stems from the fact that religion has many times been a barrier to progress, in the times of Copernicus, Gallileo, the inquisition, stem cell research, combating AIDS... and many other issues. Instead of insulting my knowledge, please provide counter-evidence. It seems to me you are just another religious sheep. *

As for the bill of rights and your constitution, there was a huge lobby there to instill a christian-based government of which the main detractor and instiller of your current secular status was Thomas Jefferson. He is one of my favourite historical men. My personal opinion is that the USA is not the free country it once was, and its a bit inappropriate for presidential candidates to be judged how good a christian they are. George Bush seems to want to take the USA back to the dark ages with his crazy fundamentalism and disregard for civil liberties. *

If you disagree with my thoughts then please provide specific examples instead of some ebonics that i cant really understand anyway.
    Fair enough.

If you read Bible and the Koran cover to cover and understood the message Jesus was attempting to teach, then you should know full well the significance of the role played by Jesus Christ. The Old Testament of the Bible shows is authored to illistrate the the reader that man is lost without God. The fundimantal premise of God (regardless of religion or denomination) is that He is the allmighty being, creator of all things. In the Old Testament man is transcended from God. God demonstrates to man that the rules he has set forth are designed to keep man safe, set on a good path toward prosperity and happiness. Apart from God, the bible maintains we are weak, primative creatures. The Old Testament displays to us God's Wrath, true, but it helps set the stage for the bigger piece of the puzzle. After the death and ressurection of Jesus, there is hope. You know all of this. I do not need to offer you a refresher course.

I see the arguement you are making, and it is a very common arguement. The sad part you are only itterating a portion of the story. You neglect to assimilate the entire message in your arguement. With this in mind, your arguement cannot be entirely accurate. Scientifically speaking, your arguement is then nullified, and false. I also could go on for days, and respect your comment, this is a gaming forum.

You implore me to sight specific arguement, yet this remains your fallacy. I fail to see any contradiction when observing the entire scope of the subject.

My comment about science is very simple. Religion is not scientific. Religion, litteraly is not something I condone. Religious people are sheep. You are correct. Faith however, is not orchestrated. I agree with you when you imply religious leaders have made some great mistakes. Again I would like to point out that man is not a perfect creature. I agree that men in power over a group of desperate people can be a very dangerous enemy of the cause the stand to protect. Many times personal agendas get in the way. Sir, I am no sheep. I do not go to a facility every sunday and dance and sing and believe whatever the man with the microphone tells me. I have read through various religious texts many times. There is nothing imperfect about the scriptures. It is the way they have been picked apart to serve the needs of the individual who leads the group which causes disbelief. "The Greatest cause of athieism in the word today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with thier lips, and deny Him with thier lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world, truely finds unbelievable." ~ Referance escapes me atm. The Bible and the Koran and the Torah all speak of false prophets and teachers. I am a Christian. I let God do the teaching.

As for the constitution....

There is no arguement the federalists took advantage of their given postition. Thomas Jefferson was one of the Key authors in the Anti-Federalist Papers. This model was the original intent for the U.S. Sadly, one thing ultimately remains true - Men in power will do whatever it takes to stay in power. The "By, Of, and For" the people idea went straight out the window when the Electoral College was set in motion. This fuels my arguement that "People need to educate themselves." Unfortuneatly, this world is full of dullards, who have the intellectual capacity, but lack the ambition to do anything aside from what they are instructed.

George Bush will be leaving the White House soon. To my dismay, Hillary Clinton will likely be the next President of the United States.

With regard to the ebonics, that was said more in gest, in hopes to entertain the "other" readers. Admittingly, I took you for a fool. FOr that I offer my appologies. You have done some research. I have stated I feel your facts are not complete, again just as other humans do, you seem to take the parts that suit you the most and suggest nothing further of the story. With this in mind, I still cannot agree with your arguement. I would be remiss, regardless of the subject, if I allowed someone to present opinion as fact.

I've enjoyed this banter. If you would like, I'll happily continue, but I think from this point forward it is more appropriate we do so in PM. I will happily give you my vent information if you would prefer. Bravo sir. You are the first person in this community to dispute my retort with any intelligance whatsoever.

You\'re still wrong tho. :P

Cleatus

I didn't maintain rights to Freedom. This is a textbook debate tactic. :P

There are many ways to read the books, I know, but lets see how the religion was applied. Hasn't christianity been violent towards unbelievers? What use is what the books say, when what is done in the name of God is entirely different?
    I want to answer you, but (with all due respect) I dont' quite follow your arguement. I think I know where you're going. Kindly expound a little pls.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this?

Don't be sorry!!! This is great!! For once there is a point in one of these gay turk threads. Damn.. if you're gonna debate.. do it correctly!!!

It's like finding a rogue in CZ wearing +10 FP.. "wtf.. where did he come from? Sweet.. this will be interesting"

Aphile

Originally posted by koffs
    lol no money for a good school? I got another language and I can talk english to....so why dont u know turkish...is like the same of they not knowing English I know English is one of the most used languages but not everyone has to know it...
    USKO
    guess what languages are used in the US? English and Spanish. English is primary, however. I dont see fucking slm turkish.

look i think you took this topic way off topic, its not about religion its about "racism" in KO.

No point arguing with a believer anyway since belief cannot be shed with mere scientific facts and evidence. The bible is not a divine document, it is man made and has gone through several editions and translations but a believer will never believe that.

If you want proof of inaccuracies, you only have to do a google search to find literally hundreds. Heres a good list: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/don...sistencies.html

The way i see it, the good moral values of Christianity (do not steal, be faithful, help strangers etc) can be taught without a religious basis, and there is no need for the rest. Ergo there is no real need for religion unless you need to believe in a god.

now can we take this topic back on topic, or have it locked.

ChrisOwns

0000000 Mabey if those people showed the whole paragraph rather than a little part, it wouldn't be so "inconsistant" If you read those parts from the bible it goes in futhur explanation. Just like in the bible it says "Only in a fools heart there is no God" People have quoted that line forever as "in the bible it says 'there is no god' Much like Democrats, they don't say the whole truth.

Aqu

Can I just say that I have met some turkish people playing WoW, they said they were turk and initially i thought to myself "oh ffs".

Except that they spoke exceptionally good english, were very polite, didnt ninja loot any items or anything like that.

The difference is that WoW is a game where you are required to pay to play, meaning that the age of these turks is several years above those found in KO.

So tarring the whole of turkey with the same brush is a little out of order, but equally given the percentage of turks in KO that are rude/obnoxious/cheater/scammers/dupers etc is MASSIVELY higher than that of any other country. Its because all of these turks are very young.

More old and mature turks are actually very nice people, but you just dont meet them in KO.

That said I did get scammed by a turk that charged back on his credit card, so presumably hes old enough to have one. Oh well, theres always an exception to the rule.

On the topic of religion, it doesnt matter what religion you believe in, they are all the same imo, just a set of rules by which to live your life. The person being worshipped varies, but the rules are by and large the same.

So I dont practise any religion, I just try to live my life by the same rules laid down by most religions. I think it makes me a better person.

Cleatus

for your link 100 others can be post to the contrary. It's an ongoing debate that will last until the end of time.

Scientific fact has not been given. ... you cannot scientifically prove there is no god.... i rescind the statement i previously rescinded.. :blink:

tolgahan

When someone posts about a guy macroing and happens to be turk, all turks complain about the author saying something bad about the turk
    Are u sure? all?

Aqu

He does have a point though, when someone makes a post that says "stupid turk macroing", the turks of the forum tend to dive in to the post gung ho with "omg racist" comments.

Only to be shot down in flames later when its proved (as usual) that the person ksing/macroing is indeed a turk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast