Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Virtual Items Thief Arrested...

This is a discussion on Virtual Items Thief Arrested... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; im bad 8)[/b] Muted too...
Page: 2

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

im bad 8)[/b]

Muted too

gotbluntzz

lol arrested for a hotel game virtual furniture lol just sounds to funny to be true especially they way they write the news report took the furniture and move to there own habbo room Lol

lol arrested for a hotel game virtual furniture lol just sounds to funny to be true especially they way they write the news report took the furniture and move to there own habbo room Lol[/b]
    well if you rephrase:

lol arrested for a game virtual jewelry lol just sounds to funny to be true especially they way they write the news report took the jewelry and move to there own KO char Lol

it does not sound that funny anymore does it?

well if you rephrase:

lol arrested for a game virtual jewelry lol just sounds to funny to be true especially they way they write the news report took the jewelry and move to there own KO char Lol

it does not sound that funny anymore does it?[/b]
    from the sound of it the items were sold in some type of powerup store thus the jewelry would have to be sold in ko's pus however the whole scam in this topic involved a website which in order to be scammed by a website im sure some type of law was actually violated involving the mmorpgs websites thus the police involvement can take place

scamming like this

tom : yo manz lemme log ur charz i make mad lwlz bro and farm many pks for top of npz laddOR

dick : for sure dude take my id and pass broz

dick : broz i think maybe roll back omg my itamz all gone away

dick : bro you there wtf mang wheres my iteamz

tom : peace out ~

harry <policia : dude dick your a fucking dumb ass

harry <k2 : dude dick u violated tos your a fucking dumb ass

dick : dam i suck dude

doesn&#39;t apply

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned.[/b]
    ROFL!

kibal

Okay, So there has been a lot of talk here on forums as to scamming people and the legality. Some of you have the stupidity to actually think that since it&#39;s virtual it isn&#39;t a crime. I&#39;ve stated more than once that if you sell something, just about anything, you enter into a contract for whatever that thing is (virtual, tangible, or service provided to another for monies). Once you breech a contract and don&#39;t make good on it, you are committing fraud. I also stated that sooner or later someone with the time, energy and resources would go after the virtual criminal. So, here you go:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7094764.stm
    It doesn&#39;t take a rocket scientist or religious fanatic to know when something is right and wrong. Most Laws are created because idiots need to be governed for lack of responsibility and pride.[/b]
    The problem is that when u do a trade with usd (talking about buy virtual items), u dont make a contract and prove that u made it or prove that the item wasnt given isnt easy.

Chinese gamer was stabbed to death in a row over a sword in a game.

Shanghai gamer Qiu Chengwei killed player Zhu Caoyuan when he discovered he had sold a "dragon sabre" he had been loaned.[/b]
    just wow.

Banned

maybe in some games this can happen to you but not in ko.. because its against the TOS to even sell items for Real Currency and since the items are property of k2 and not your property you cannot do anything about it. I think K2 can though not entirely sure.

maybe in some games this can happen to you but not in ko.. because its against the TOS to even sell items for Real Currency and since the items are property of k2 and not your property you cannot do anything about it. I think K2 can though not entirely sure.[/b]

The tos clearly states that the items in the other game belong to the company and not individuals as well and yet it was still decided that the items "belonged" to the original players who were scammed. So, in this case as with others when they do arise (and they will), the police and judge felt different then some of you who are arguing about the verdict. I admire the flat out logic the judge used to decide the verdict, anyone can say "oh they&#39;re the stupid ones for going on the fake website" but the fact came down to it, the scammers got what they deserve. If you use the same logic about being stupid in getting scammed, you should use the same logic in the scammers are so stupid for trying to rip people off they deserve to be punished in a court of law. In the long run these cases will become more and more prevalent and I (me) believe that justice will prevail on the side of the victims irrigardless of other arguable factors.

Oh, and for all of you who think 50 bucks is a lot to pay for a virtual item, there was an "isand" in a virtual game that sold for over 10k...ya real money paid for a virtual item, real life, real commerce, real economy, real laws apply.

Let the debate continue...

Banned

The tos clearly states that the items in the other game belong to the company and not individuals as well and yet it was still decided that the items "belonged" to the original players who were scammed. So, in this case as with others when they do arise (and they will), the police and judge felt different then some of you who are arguing about the verdict. I admire the flat out logic the judge used to decide the verdict, anyone can say "oh they&#39;re the stupid ones for going on the fake website" but the fact came down to it, the scammers got what they deserve. If you use the same logic about being stupid in getting scammed, you should use the same logic in the scammers are so stupid for trying to rip people off they deserve to be punished in a court of law. In the long run these cases will become more and more prevalent and I (me) believe that justice will prevail on the side of the victims irrigardless of other arguable factors.

Oh, and for all of you who think 50 bucks is a lot to pay for a virtual item, there was an "isand" in a virtual game that sold for over 10k...ya real money paid for a virtual item, real life, real commerce, real economy, real laws apply.

Let the debate continue...[/b]
    Also in the habbo tos they say that they can report you to the police for stealing doesnt say that in the KO tos

Banned

Lol dont mess with the chinese >_>.

Wow that&#39;s some crazy shit bout that guy killing for a sword h34r:
    and I guess as someone said the fake website had alot to do with him being arrested.
    But when I think bout it, it doesnt feel like there is a big difference between stealing a furniture in the virtual world (legaly gained , and bought for real money) compared to if he&#39;d steal a real furniture from someone&#39;s home, the only difference is that one is fictional and the other one real.

lmao @ the china man who killed sum1 else for selling a loaned item

Banned

The items don&#39;t belong to you, they belong to k2 if you sell something and get scammed... you are selling someone else&#39;s shit. You know that little " I agree" button when you make an account? Its not just there because they had some extra space and decided to put it there.

That goes back to the coke post, there is a label on the can that says "do not distribute for personal profit" ( something like that im close ). There is a rule on TOS that says DO NOT SELL/DISTRIBUTE their shit.

Those people where able to prosecute the offenders because that game had a different set of rules. You can NOT do the same for this game.

Banned

"Virtual theft is a growing issue in virtual worlds; in 2005 a Chinese gamer was stabbed to death in a row over a sword in a game."

owned...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast