Vmware/Virtual Box possibility + can archer genie use Arrow Shower?

This is a discussion on Vmware/Virtual Box possibility + can archer genie use Arrow Shower? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, Has anyone been able to use VM's and run Knight Online? (willing to pay someone to find the solution) ...
Page: 1

Banned Regular Member

Default Vmware/Virtual Box possibility + can archer genie use Arrow Shower?

Hi,

Has anyone been able to use VM's and run Knight Online? (willing to pay someone to find the solution)

I've tried and get the same error "sorry application cant be opened in a vm" and have researched the fixes for it (mainly registry editing the video bios version), however none of them have worked.

Anyone have success in this? Trying to get it going for steam ko.

Willing to pay for someones help in figuring it out.

Also on a side note can genie be configured for an archer that it runs to the mobs and uses 5/3 shot combo or no.
    Last edited by Arrow; 01-31-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Banned Senior Member

I'm an archer and haven't figured out how to arrow shower it yet.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

There sure would be way to use vmware. However im not sure if its legit. probably not.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    There sure would be way to use vmware. However im not sure if its legit. probably not.
    Been tinkering with it a lot and cant get it to work. Know anyone I could get in touch with for help?

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

I dont know anyone. Maybe someone on this forum. There used to be some guides for it on internet, but long time ago, Im not sure if it would still work. I tried it back in day, it worked, but then they changed something, and suddenly it didnt. I stopped bother caring afterwards about it.

It's possible to runs on VirtualBox.
    Had about 7 FPS in non crowded place (i7-7490k), so not sure if its any useful.

ok your issue is display drivers, as default vm are installed with 2D drivers (as no1 tought of them as game os ). You need to install 3D display drivers and issue will be resolved. Info in this link is good place to start https://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/d..._tools_ws.html

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoDoo View Post
    ok your issue is display drivers, as default vm are installed with 2D drivers (as no1 tought of them as game os ). You need to install 3D display drivers and issue will be resolved. Info in this link is good place to start https://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/d..._tools_ws.html
    This is incorrect. Yes you must have vmware tools, and directx3d acceleration enabled (outside of the OS) in vmware settings but that alone will still not allow you to run the game.

The error you are providing a solution for is "no directx 3d detected" -> which comes up when you have missing driver.

Anyways I found a solution finally, it involves modifying the operatingsystem.vmx file (among other changes you need to make in the registry - into bypassing the games VM check).