Question about weapon defense

This is a discussion on Question about weapon defense within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Let's say u fight someone with 1h spear/1h axe And u have 20 spear def gloves/20 spear def boots/25 axe ...
Page: 1

Haxium

Default Question about weapon defense

Let's say u fight someone with 1h spear/1h axe
    And u have 20 spear def gloves/20 spear def boots/25 axe def gloves/25 axe def boots

Im just wonderin wich one would be the most effective ?

40 spear def ? As spear is on the Main hand, its where the ap is higher, so better lowerin the spear
    50 axe def ? As ive got more axe then spear, maybe would 50 axe def lower damages more then 40 spear
    20 spear / 25 axe ? Heard about the dual wield bug, dunno if its true, but the fact that i lower both right/left hand would lower the damages more then the 2 combination above.

Btw, i dunno if its the good place to post it, game questions&tips would might be better, but as its ko related, lets post it here!

Btw2, if someone wanna try it in arena, pm me on d2 :P

Banned Senior Member

I believe the spear/axe combo is best. The left hand weapon already has a lower AP on it, and when that power is reduced it does even less damage then normal. Kinda like Dual Weilders vs a CS priest, your gonna do next to no damage.

A long time ago I fought Rebelde20 when he was using lycaon build, I put on 1 piece of spear and 1 piece of club defence, his howling sword only did about 230 to me each hit

toymaker

well with regards to that, where do u get the 25dd helms nowadays? does anything drop that or just the lower dd stuff?

Haxium

Originally posted by toymaker
    well with regards to that, where do u get the 25dd helms nowadays? does anything drop that or just the lower dd stuff?
    nothing drop that, u can get those from players who dropped those on old days, or try to get a 15 chitin dd (its 15dd at +7 i think and like 17 at +8)
    But not as effective as a good old 25fp dd :P

When going up against a dual wielder, i wear one piece axe, one spear. then if the warrior is without sins, a spear helm.. It's my feeling that by cutting down on both weapons dmg, ur affecting the warriors damage most efectively. But im not sure.. since the majority of his ap is derived from spear, then does the game take that into consideration? Idk i just like having all defenses covered. i love lycaon warriors now that im crystal, tho. Club pauld + spear helm, boots, gaunt = fucked that dual wield.

priestish

well, from the code of old ko, weapon def goes like this.

against duel wield take all the def that is relevent to the opponent add them up. That is your total weapon def. Weapon def is counted per weapon opponent has. Warrior is using axe + axe and you have 20 weapon def, then you have effectively 40 def. If warrior has Spear + Axe and you have 20 axe and 20 spear, then you have 40 def.

This apply for all classes. That is why DD help is so effective against rogues.

Off hand does not matter.

Haxium

Originally posted by priestish
    well, from the code of old ko, weapon def goes like this.

against duel wield take all the def that is relevent to the opponent add them up. *That is your total weapon def. *Weapon def is counted per weapon opponent has. *Warrior is using axe + axe and you have 20 weapon def, then you have effectively 40 def. *If warrior has Spear + Axe and you have 20 axe and 20 spear, then you have 40 def.

This apply for all classes. *That is why DD help is so effective against rogues.

Off hand does not matter.
    ye, but when i equip dd helm, the damage reduce is closer to 25% then 50% :/

So, if i listen to u, better using 50 axe def then 40 spear def even if spear is on first hand?

Actually, i prefer usin axe and spear, but i dunno if its the most effective.

I_Am_On_Ares

sword and spear would be best sinse the highest sword defence is 15.

in the old days anyways, these new chitin def can go over 15 right?

Haxium

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares
    sword and spear would be best sinse the highest sword defence is 15. *

got sword def gloves plate +7/30
    And yeah, over +7, chitin is over 15 def.

But there is not much dual wield spear/sword cept for ppl with hanguk or graham.

I_Am_On_Ares

Originally posted by Haxium+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haxium)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-I_Am_On_Ares

But there is not much dual wield spear/sword cept for ppl with hanguk or graham.[/b]
    i bet that plate is rogue plate^^ thats the only exeption, hopefully :rollseyes:

Haxium

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(I_Am_On_Ares)</div>
    Originally posted by Haxium@
    <!--QuoteBegin-I_Am_On_Ares

But there is not much dual wield spear/sword cept for ppl with hanguk or graham.
    i bet that plate is rogue plate^^ thats the only exeption, hopefully :rollseyes:[/b]
    ye thats rogue

Banned Senior Member

I would still use +7 plate armors ( sword and axe ) over +5 FP ( almost same AC, and mroe damage reduction )

Mistral

against dual wield:

if you are fighting someone with a SPEAR and an AXE

if you use the Axe Gauntlets and Boots you will get hit less than if you were using spear gaunt and axe boot or vice versa.

have tried it already when i was using the fp build.