Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

WAR IS COMMING SEPT 18

This is a discussion on WAR IS COMMING SEPT 18 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The system requirments are pretty modest as you can run it on a pentium 3. This is not like AoC ...
Page: 3

The system requirments are pretty modest as you can run it on a pentium 3. This is not like AoC with huge gfx they actually use low poly gfx as it's a game like ko where you can have hundreds fighting in a zone for a keep etc, it has zones pretty similar to cz in each teir, aswell as instanced scenario's. KO was ripped off the original DaoC so you will see huge similarities. Still beta remember and the biggest patches are yet to reach beta and already this game takes you back to the days when cz was fun, you get that same rush..

So I'll be honest still needs some tweaking here and there as you can expect, but even still I wouldn't knock this game till you actually play it.[/b]
    are you in the closed beta too?

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

The system requirments are pretty modest as you can run it on a pentium 3. This is not like AoC with huge gfx they actually use low poly gfx as it's a game like ko where you can have hundreds fighting in a zone for a keep etc, it has zones pretty similar to cz in each teir, aswell as instanced scenario's. KO was ripped off the original DaoC so you will see huge similarities. Still beta remember and the biggest patches are yet to reach beta and already this game takes you back to the days when cz was fun, you get that same rush..

So I'll be honest still needs some tweaking here and there as you can expect, but even still I wouldn't knock this game till you actually play it.[/b]
    Is it using the exact same engine as wow? Zoning still sux donkey ballz, too bad that even some rly good games got it. And cz was fun coz of its pk, if pk sux in WAR, it means no rush....

m1ng

I really enjoy this game i've never touched WoW and never will i also saw what AoC was going to be and didnt touch it. I have been in beta for WAR for sometime now and this truely is the best PvP i have played in a game sense KO of course =). Im putting it right up there behind KO, but what i really love about this game is the developers behind it they really do care about the players and not about just getting that subscriber money. They are listening to the players and have done some great things. If your in the search of a new MMO that has some great PvP this would be it.

I have created a Destruction alliance currently 2 guilds 75 members all together so far. We will be co-locating on the same server for live as another Destruction alliance that has about 100 members as well as some large Order guilds and alliances to create a really competetive server. I welcome any KO players to follow along it doesnt matter if your a single player looking for a guild a guild looking for an alliance or an alliance looking for a server. If your interested drop me a message on these forums and i can point you in the right direction.

Anyway cant wait for the headstart on Sept 15th =p

Is it using the exact same engine as wow? Zoning still sux donkey ballz, too bad that even some rly good games got it. And cz was fun coz of its pk, if pk sux in WAR, it means no rush....[/b]

It's Mythics own engine, even has a slight gfx glitches on casting animations you got in daoc which was made in 2000 and secondly you can travel from any war camp, be it tier one or tier four and traveling is easy and theres isn't really that much zoning you even get a mount at lvl 20 for absolutely peanuts....So really can you stop spouting crap and actually get some real facts. Your objection to the game is is fine you keep deluding yourself with your troll propeganda because at least four people have been on this thread who are in beta and not one has mentioned any of this crap your talking about. It's not perfect and nothing ever will be, but it's by far the best mmo Ive ever played and it's still in beta for crying out loud.

Warhammer has over 25 years of History behind it... One of the oldest rpg companies around...

Doubt they stole much from wow... Could put it other way around also Wow stole tons of shit from daoc also :P

if ppl are interested in pics from Warhammer let me know since im in closed beta

DuWolf

This kinda Sums it up for me

WoW was built as PvE with PvP (Added because players demanded it.)
    WAR is built as a RvR game with PvE
    AOC looks pretty

As stated on the beta forums, WARs graphics have been set at a low mid range for the purposes of Beta, The full release will give you the option to tweak it up to your hearts content.

Good Reviews/Bad Reviews dont really matter its new its innovative an i sure as hell gonna give it a shot. KO died 2 years ago for me an i been skipping from one to another looking for something to get my teeth into. I thought AOC would do that for me but again the classes are spot on for PvE, PVP its horrible ... One shotted/Gem stacking/Priest doing more dmg than nuker classes ... Glass cannons my arse .. Glass WaterPistol more like.
    But i digress as i usually do when talking about it.

summit new
    summit interesting
    summit fresh

summit im gonna try

... cya there

Duwolf u sexy man! lemme know what server you gonna play on

DuWolf

Duwolf u sexy man! lemme know what server you gonna play on[/b]
    Will do , in the beta they had them by country. Hopefully will be the same.
    so when you login it shows

FRA
    GER
    ENG
    RUS
    ITA

and you get to pick which you want to play in. I know in the ENG server there were around 600 players. So iono if there gonna make Sub servers for each (ENG server1/2/3/etc)

Will look for the typical emo server,and let peeps know so some of the olde guys can come play together.

xD Might see ya there then... Playing beta atm

DuWolf

Enjoy the last day, it closes today ;o(

*Beta Forums

End of the Closed Beta
    *Updated*
    As of Monday August 25th, the European Beta servers are closed in preparation for the Open Beta. All Closed Beta testers will have access to this final and greatly anticipated stage in the WAR beta. We are very pleased with the quality of feedback provided by our beta testers; together, you have made real impact on a game we have grown to love.

There is still much work to do and many improvements to expect before WAR strike Europe on September 18th. Together, we have a long journey behind us and yet this is only the beginning. Enjoy these days of peace before WAR strike for good!

These beta forums will be remain open throughout this period.

-Magnus

Enjoy the last day, it closes today ;o(

*Beta Forums[/b]
    gotta wait for another 2 weeks now:S but its cool i gotta lot of shit to do till then anyways.

What classes did you guys roll?

I played bright wizard got to rank 17 xD

i just did public quests and instances all the way their so much fun

Having a hard time deciding between Chosen or Squig Herder...

http://www.vimeo.com/1546152

order is where its at :P

Yes I'm already an officer in the dark elf rp guild Shobhian'Sarath, we have regiments both sides of the pond.

I have two characters planned, my main is a dok specced dark ritual as main mastery, my Sorceress will be specced for single target damage mainly. Oh and any order players will be sacrificed to Khaine in short order I'm not new to warhammer, played fantasy rp and table top many years ago when undead were still one faction and before that 40k

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

It's Mythics own engine, even has a slight gfx glitches on casting animations you got in daoc which was made in 2000 and secondly you can travel from any war camp, be it tier one or tier four and traveling is easy and theres isn't really that much zoning you even get a mount at lvl 20 for absolutely peanuts....So really can you stop spouting crap and actually get some real facts. Your objection to the game is is fine you keep deluding yourself with your troll propeganda because at least four people have been on this thread who are in beta and not one has mentioned any of this crap your talking about. It's not perfect and nothing ever will be, but it's by far the best mmo Ive ever played and it's still in beta for crying out loud.[/b]

Sigh.

Ur prolly the exact living and walking definition of a fenboi. Instead of giving some reasonable feedback u need assault to keep ur precyoüs safe. Pretty poor also.

Anyways, zone problem isnt in how fast u can beam between them. Problem is the fact that they exist, the WHOLE world is seperated and instanced. It cuts the "world" feel, not to mention the actual gameplay wich will be pretty pretty ghey. Although its build for pvp they forgot it or had to accept few carebear functions. The whole idea of pve areas is stupid, sure its safe and cute but its a bishslap to ppl who seek real pvp. Its same as in wow where the game is ment to be for everyone (read: more ppl dish in cash). So while little faggot idiots pve and rollplay, tough pvp guys are forced to beam around tons of maps lf PK. And the RvR is pretty lame imho, instead of making real diplomatics and real enemies and real war and real pivipi ppl are forced to fight over some rollplayish goals. Was same in KO, i bet every decent english clan would have want to wtfpwn every duper türk clan on their side.

Oh and all the same things are problem in wow also, only dif is that wow was ment to be like that, WAR has a potential to end up like wow currently is. So in the end u only get dif textures and another label to spend ur cash on. And u dont see "tough pvp" in wow, only some poor excuse of a pvp.

Back to u, if u wanna confront me so badly do it the right way and pwn me by providing stuff on the real matter. Lemme start, i did heard that it seemed to have pretty decent endgame, unlike wow and god forbid - KO.

Oh and im pretty sure i saw that the whole WAR thing was older than 40 years or smth, i can be wrong tho.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast