Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

█ WARNING █ for KO players - GET OTP ASAP

This is a discussion on █ WARNING █ for KO players - GET OTP ASAP within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I see no information on these forums. Recently there were many many people hacked in KO, so I thought it ...
Page: 1

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Default █ WARNING █ for KO players - GET OTP ASAP

I see no information on these forums. Recently there were many many people hacked in KO, so I thought it would be good idea to warn everyone here. There might be some security problems in game. All people hacked has one thing in common, they didnt have OTP.

As far as you have it you should be safe, because there wasnt any OTP user hacked reported yet, from all those people.

So get OTP asap, you have been warned!

Getting sick of seeing people are still getting hacked....

2014 - july
    2014 - august
    2014 - sept
    2014 - oct
    2014 - nov
    2014 - dec
    2015 - jan ????
    2015 - till when ????

It has been 6 months of constant hacking sprees going on, and people still don't install OTP.

This game has security holes, and only way to protect your account I repeat ONLY WAY, is OTP.

If you think you are safe because you have made account, you have never shared, your PC brand new and 100% secured, You are wrong, you are not.

NOW get it or you WILL BE SORRY.
    You have been warned, dont come back crying, when its too late.

Someone pinn this finally, warning like this should be on the top of page all the time, for past 6 months. Could have saved so many peoples accounts, and items.

Last edited by Darken; 12-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    NiceONE likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

wtf is otp

are you selling that?

OTP is the free system you can sign up for through nttgame that requires you to enter a 1-time password that lasts for only 1 min when logging in to KO. It's just an extra security feature to try prevent hacking.

Step asid noob i got this Senior Member diablos13us's Avatar

so since the hacks are happening systematically does this mean one or more people have in their posession a list of logins they are going down?

There is a post about it on the official nttgame forum, to sum it up they basically said the hacker/s are hacking into email accounts and through that are using the forgot username and forgot password features to access accounts and therefore can reset your seal code and log in to your characters and take your items if you don't have OTP.

DAFAQ Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I see no information on these forums. Recently there were many many people hacked in KO, so I thought it would be good idea to warn everyone here. There might be some security problems in game. All people hacked has one thing in common, they didnt have OTP.

As far as you have it you should be safe, because there wasnt any OTP user hacked reported yet, from all those people.

So get OTP asap, you have been warned!

Recently = last 8 years
    Nautus likes this.

gg system and works well,

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

The strange part is, my sealed items were stolen, and NONE of my info had changed. This is with MANY people, the password AND seal pw are not altered. I am jumping the conspiracy boat saying that nttgame is trying to deflate the in game economy by hacking people and deleting baba'd items.

personally think its a program run to hack accounts once a database has been leaked they have banned the people that have been receiving the items from said hack but suxs make sure you got OTP

its really usefull Otp. all of my chars got that and i can sleep betther at nights *:**P

you sure you didn't want to say that only people that have KO's security system got hacked?

Little archer Senior Member

Is otp even safe doe... I remember when sealing was the new thing, everyone felt safe until people started getting their sealed items hacked as well.

I have been totally fine with my OTP, nothing is gone or anything. And then my friends who didn't have OTP were hacked, so atleast FOR NOW the OTP is working like a charm.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Getting sick of seeing people are still getting hacked....

2014 - july
    2014 - august
    2014 - sept
    2014 - oct
    2014 - nov
    2014 - dec
    2015 - jan ????
    2015 - till when ????

It has been 6 months of constant hacking sprees going on, and people still don't install OTP.

This game has security holes, and only way to protect your account I repeat ONLY WAY, is OTP.

If you think you are safe because you have made account, you have never shared, your PC brand new and 100% secured, You are wrong, you are not.

NOW get it or you WILL BE SORRY.
    You have been warned, dont come back crying, when its too late.

Someone pinn this finally, warning like this should be on the top of page all the time, for past 6 months. Could have saved so many peoples accounts, and items.

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    The strange part is, my sealed items were stolen, and NONE of my info had changed. This is with MANY people, the password AND seal pw are not altered. I am jumping the conspiracy boat saying that nttgame is trying to deflate the in game economy by hacking people and deleting baba'd items.
    Very very deep lyrics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast