Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

█ WARNING █ for KO players - GET OTP ASAP

This is a discussion on █ WARNING █ for KO players - GET OTP ASAP within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; you could be right Dottan because if they get far enough to login your character there's no stopping unsealing. I ...
Page: 3

Step asid noob i got this Senior Member diablos13us's Avatar

you could be right Dottan because if they get far enough to login your character there's no stopping unsealing. I can't get premium all the time i was thinking the same thing what if I needed to unseal items to trade up? and i did not have premium at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
    If u buy an account with OTp, can the old user remove the OTP or how does it work?
    in case of hack or smt, any support will be declined by customer support if you buy an account.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    in case of hack or smt, any support will be declined by customer support if you buy an account.
    well, my acc wasnt bought.. and i got no help =)

otp aint safe for shit anymore as everyone say... Yes, your chance to get hacked are reduced by a lot, but you can still get hacked. How I know? simple, someone crashed my OTP, and 2 days after I decided to remove it and all my items were gone. So guess what, you still can get hacked threw otp.

I did made a ticket for help, but they closed the ticket saying I didn't had OTP when I get hacked. How funny, so the guy logged my acc, did w/e with my items in less then a minute. lol, i pretty much laughted. Since this day, I'm done with KO. Maybe if steam take control of KO it will worth joining back..

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEvil View Post
    otp aint safe for shit anymore as everyone say... Yes, your chance to get hacked are reduced by a lot, but you can still get hacked. How I know? simple, someone crashed my OTP, and 2 days after I decided to remove it and all my items were gone. So guess what, you still can get hacked threw otp.

I did made a ticket for help, but they closed the ticket saying I didn't had OTP when I get hacked. How funny, so the guy logged my acc, did w/e with my items in less then a minute. lol, i pretty much laughted. Since this day, I'm done with KO. Maybe if steam take control of KO it will worth joining back..
    So let me get this right. You got hacked by a hacker who crashes your otp ? Meaning he knew your otp or something because in order to canxel it he has to log in and cancel it with a verification of the owners cellphone or otp :O

2 days after I decided to remove it and all my items were gone
    so when you get hack ur acc was w/o otp
    good job with removing otp

Quote Originally Posted by brambor View Post
    so when you get hack ur acc was w/o otp
    good job with removing otp
    I had otp activated for both days. i de-activated it, and the second i logged on, all my items were gone. he just by-passed my otp and took everything out.
    PS. I had sent a tickets, once while i still had otp on, and once after i removed it, but nothing ever happened about it. and wtf u wanted me to do, get stuck, could not even log my acc, and support not helping me at all.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

On the 13th the was attempted hacks into the email I have linked to my brand new KO account and it's back up account. Thankfully I have authenticators and extra security on the accounts. I was told by Adi about OTP and had it on for both my NTT account and to log in on KO.

I've had accounts attacked and hacked before, but never so soon into a return on KO was a targeted. The security reports from google and msn told me the first attack was from Istanbul and the 2nd attack was from the US. I am guessing they have not twigged where I am from. Anyway, I am lease for me that the security seems to have worked.

Default I deactivated it

I had otp activated for both days. i de-activated it, and the second i logged on, all my items were gone. he just by-passed my otp and took everything out.
    I had otp activated for both days. i de-activated it,
    I DEACTIVATED IT
    I dont get it...
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    I dont get it...
    Yeah, it's very conflicting whether OTP was activated and he was hacked because the hackers bypassed OTP, or if he had to turn off OTP for whatever reason and the second it was not switched on, his account was attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Yeah, it's very conflicting whether OTP was activated and he was hacked because the hackers bypassed OTP, or if he had to turn off OTP for whatever reason and the second it was not switched on, his account was attacked?
    Well, all i got from that was "i had security on, then i turned it off and then i got hacked" seems pretty straigth forward to me... what i dont get is why is he blaming otp?
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Well, all i got from that was "i had security on, then i turned it off and then i got hacked" seems pretty straigth forward to me... what i dont get is why is he blaming otp?

I see it the same way as you dude. Maybe because the hackers caused his OTP to bug and prevent him from logging in, so he had to turn it off and was then hacked? Mind you, you need to give a valid OTP code to switch it off don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I see it the same way as you dude. Maybe because the hackers caused his OTP to bug and prevent him from logging in, so he had to turn it off and was then hacked? Mind you, you need to give a valid OTP code to switch it off don't you?
    somtimes iOS update interfere with OTP, but switching it off is the worst possible solution - you can always swtich from mobile to PC version after all... BTW you can also trun off OTP by SMS code sent to phone number that you used to verify your account.
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    somtimes iOS update interfere with OTP, but switching it off is the worst possible solution - you can always swtich from mobile to PC version after all... BTW you can also trun off OTP by SMS code sent to phone number that you used to verify your account.
    That's handy to know thanks. It's a bit like the authenticator app you have with Blizzard games. When I upgraded my iPhone, I forgot to swap over the authenticator and I've not been able to get it sorted out as customer support required me to send in a scanned copy of some photo ID, which I don't have any from the acceptable types

I upgrade my iPhone at the end of next month, so I will make sure I have OTP working on my new phone and I am able to log in before I let my old man have my i5S!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123