Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A way to not get chargebacked? (PAYPAL)

This is a discussion on A way to not get chargebacked? (PAYPAL) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Listen, the way I do it, is I request money. In the other comments section, put a statement saying that ...
Page: 2

Listen, the way I do it, is I request money. In the other comments section, put a statement saying that the buyer understands that it is a virtual item and they agree that under no circumstances may they chargeback the payment. Something like this:

In sending this payment, I understand that I am purchasing a virtual item using PayPal payment system. I acknowledge that after the payment is recieved, the transaction is final and therefor no charge-back of any sort may be made. I agree, in the terms stated above, that the said transaction is final and completed.

If the buyer accepts that then I dont think they can charge you back. Its a contract of sorts, and it's worked thus far for me. Hope it helps u ^^[/b]

o wow.. i gonna try that next time~! tnx......

*so you havent ever gotten chargebacked by this method before right? but doesnt paypal not support virtual items"?

sexyrexy

just make the buyer agree to wait 1 week for the money to clear from paypal into your bank account

Proximus

just make the buyer agree to wait 1 week for the money to clear from paypal into your bank account[/b]
    Doesn't always have to be a week, just as soon as the money is in the bank.

Listen, the way I do it, is I request money. In the other comments section, put a statement saying that the buyer understands that it is a virtual item and they agree that under no circumstances may they chargeback the payment. Something like this:

In sending this payment, I understand that I am purchasing a virtual item using PayPal payment system. I acknowledge that after the payment is recieved, the transaction is final and therefor no charge-back of any sort may be made. I agree, in the terms stated above, that the said transaction is final and completed.

If the buyer accepts that then I dont think they can charge you back. Its a contract of sorts, and it's worked thus far for me. Hope it helps u ^^[/b]

First off the above WILL NOT WORK WITH PAY PAL. Do yourself a favor and don't even try it. Why? Because a scammer can always call his bank and say it wasn't him. So, there is no way to prove that he made the contract with you! Believe me this WILL NOT WORK.

However, you can sell him a tangible item, like a toy, giftcard, anything. Send this to him with a receipt of sale certified mail (harder to do overseas but country to country it's ok). Make sure he has a verified paypal acct and keep all records of the "toy" sale transaction. Take pictured of the toy and copies of the emails. Once he gets the toy, you can either give him an account with the info and items or you can send it with him in a card.

NOW about the topic, after you have done one or 2 transactions like was said at the beginning:

I can't register to WU or moneybookers because of my bank and location...so i searched a few hours, how to protect ourselves against chargeback.

Here the better way i found and it seems to work

Make another account (dont register your CC or bank) and after you receive the money into your 2nd account you just have to transfer in 1st one.

Cost me 5$ on 45$ its big but if i dont get stealed...why not?

For sad people who cannot pay by WU or moneybooker

Please say it if you know this way isnt working[/b]

When you open the second account, Pay Pal will let you do several transactions. BUT when you go to get the money at some point after the couple "trial" transactions, Pay Pal will ask you to verify ALL of your information. This is where you can get really jammed. If you try to put in ur SS and you already have another acct, u have to do a fucking huge dance to get the acct and funds open. If you try to use a fictitious name and later can't verify it, you will NEVER be able to get the funds. AND if you do somehow manage to get the acct and funds open and someone charges you back and you don't make good on the chargebacked funds, Pay Pal will send a collection agency on ur ass. They will demand the funds from you and will use this none payment to sabotage your credit.

None of this is open to argument, I'm telling you so you will be warned and not have to go through it. Scammers use Pay Pal for this exact reason that they can fuck the seller even on the most legitimate deals. They will not help you with virtual items, do not think otherwise.

Your best bets as a seller are to use moneybookers, (in Canada) HyperWallet, WU, Money Order (IMO's for overseas), Cashiers Checks, WireTransfers, and banking direct (if you have the same bank as another member u can usually transfer funds free of charge). I've even had nigs send cash.

Hope that helps.

First off the above WILL NOT WORK WITH PAY PAL. Do yourself a favor and don't even try it. Why? Because a scammer can always call his bank and say it wasn't him. So, there is no way to prove that he made the contract with you! Believe me this WILL NOT WORK.

However, you can sell him a tangible item, like a toy, giftcard, anything. Send this to him with a receipt of sale certified mail (harder to do overseas but country to country it's ok). Make sure he has a verified paypal acct and keep all records of the "toy" sale transaction. Take pictured of the toy and copies of the emails. Once he gets the toy, you can either give him an account with the info and items or you can send it with him in a card.

NOW about the topic, after you have done one or 2 transactions like was said at the beginning:
    When you open the second account, Pay Pal will let you do several transactions. BUT when you go to get the money at some point after the couple "trial" transactions, Pay Pal will ask you to verify ALL of your information. This is where you can get really jammed. If you try to put in ur SS and you already have another acct, u have to do a fucking huge dance to get the acct and funds open. If you try to use a fictitious name and later can't verify it, you will NEVER be able to get the funds. AND if you do somehow manage to get the acct and funds open and someone charges you back and you don't make good on the chargebacked funds, Pay Pal will send a collection agency on ur ass. They will demand the funds from you and will use this none payment to sabotage your credit.

None of this is open to argument, I'm telling you so you will be warned and not have to go through it. Scammers use Pay Pal for this exact reason that they can fuck the seller even on the most legitimate deals. They will not help you with virtual items, do not think otherwise.

Your best bets as a seller are to use moneybookers, (in Canada) HyperWallet, WU, Money Order (IMO's for overseas), Cashiers Checks, WireTransfers, and banking direct (if you have the same bank as another member u can usually transfer funds free of charge). I've even had nigs send cash.

Hope that helps.[/b]

ah wow ic.... hope my friends dont chargeback on me :S

dawidek12

Just dont scam and do bussines with trustable ppl

Just dont scam and do bussines with trustable ppl[/b]

Easier said than done. How about u know someone for 2 years and then they scam you? What then?

It's too bad there are scammers. Can't make it in the world being honest, must suck feeling like ur worth shit.

fancyboy

i got charged back from my iron set i sold...
    pretty gay tho..but life goes on..even my account from 2.8k$ got scammed...guess its just gay..

Banned

There is only 1 way to not get chargedback via paypal:

*DON'T DO PAYPAL*

Everyone has the right to chargeback. They aren't going to cancel this feature for other people, just for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12