Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

A way to stop Duping.

This is a discussion on A way to stop Duping. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the best thing to do is to destroy whole k2 system and start it all over xD...
Page: 4

ISeeYouPee

the best thing to do is to destroy whole k2 system and start it all over xD

Banned Senior Member

or even if you had exchanged employees with mcdonalds, you would have implemented similar plans when it mattered.[/b]
    LOL :lol:

japo

i think no one can dupe at this moment, bus dupe method has been removed (k2 use to create/delete dupe methods, cuz after dupe there is a lot of millions of coins in the hands of players... so then they bought more cash for earn gbs)

dupe=k2 earn more money, get ready for new dupe method around ronark server ^^ always same history, csw makes 2000 millions/week but in all servers the cuantity of csw money is not important after someone dupe.

ps: delete+10 items is absolutely necessary, and i know players that have legit+9... but im sure they can understand that cleaver+9 is not same as shard+9 or shells+9 :S
    WIPE ALL FTW!!

mavibere

good idea

darkrouge4040

Wipe +10 wood staffs? +10 stiletto's? They shouldnt wipe +10's or+9's, What if someone gets lucky and makes a peice of +9 chitin or were gona quit and tryed to burn everything and made a +9 ib or shard?? or mabye their like tez and was goin to make +9 shells? Just becouse u dont have any luck doesnt mean they should wipe every +9-10 item

Banned Senior Member

wipe bf items+10 / ft items+10 other not=)

Step 1 didnt work. Step 2 was a good idea but wouldnt make any different in the current state of the game.

If K2 can't stop uniqueids to be duplicated in the DB (never understood WHY!), then they should improvise something. Some sort of monitor so an alert flashes when there's duping going on. It doesnt have to be realtime. Duping is a huge problem cause by the time they figure out whats going on (usually through ASKING ppl and not actually they figuring it out), and patch it, its been weeks, even months. That means a HUGE amount of duped items and destroyed economy cause all the coins excess. If they could check like everyday for dupes (DB dump some fields and on a different box run batch process to check and then generate reports on that, so that production platform is not affected with this process) they could easily know something is going on the same day duping starts, and not weeks later.

There's a million ways to reduce the effect of duping in the economy. Since K2 made clear that they CAN'T stop duping (there's always a way to do it ... sooner or later someone finds a new way or they patch the game which removes previous fixes), they should at least keep controls to minimize the effect of it. Same goes for cheating. A simple check of levels and logged in hours can tell u who could be cheating and who is not. U make some criteria like: char lvl + 5 hours + X amount of exp in Z hours = red flag. Or even better, introduce a way to detect known hacks and keep track of the account ids. 2 weeks later, BOOM! BAN everyone. Never in real time. They find how u are detecting them, change your detection system and again the same. By the time hackers figure out what u are doing, they are already banned. This way they are always behind u and not the other way arround.

With computers there's a million ways to do things. Sadly I don't see computer experts in K2. Prolly Sean is the only one who knows his stuff.

really and truly ... no flame pls i think we need a duping spree for like 2.5weeks , reason why for the prices to go down because they are way to high snd their not normal, maybe i sound like a mass duper but its true , why should we be stuck with these insane prices i know duping will get kind of old but k2 will patch it eventually.... maybe you dont have the same view as me but as a great man said "some will have to die" in this case "some will have to dupe" :P

OR

we need an event like the christmas event or something .... well you get it..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234