Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We have to stop the scamming thing

This is a discussion on We have to stop the scamming thing within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=193622 I've been making suggestions, but this is the most innovative I think. Share your opinions....
Page: 2

Psy

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=193622

I've been making suggestions, but this is the most innovative I think. Share your opinions.

Glader

people who use the forum should be able to use the market section.
    People who trade accounts should do so with members of another species, because humans are not the best things to do business with.

my .02

actually ppl preffer first look at page web...
    so if the pass doesnt macth with the id they are going to call u scammer :angry:

It's super simple.

~ There's no way an in game transaction should be scammed; as long as people aren't idiots and make sure they check the items and coins every time before they press ok, then they will be fine.

~ If the trade involves more than one trade window can hold, then there are trade moderators for that; therefore people who end up getting scammed bcuz they don't use a trade mod are idiots.

~ Interserver trades can also be done by a moderator, and if you utilize their help then you should have no trouble. If you choose to risk it without one, then you are an idiot and deserve to get scammed.

~ USD trades violate K2's ToS, so if you participate in any of these types of transactions you are in essence "scamming K2," so when you yourself get scammed.. Karma is a bitch i guess.

~ Char trades.. lol one of the most illogical things i can think of. You are just BEGGING for someone to use their past info to the char to scam it back. When i was mediating a trades before, i even left a disclaimer that there was a chance for the person to hack it back even with my assistance in the trade.. It's purely fraudulent and i think its dumb to participate in these kinds of trades in the first place.

So, when it comes down to it. If you are semi-intelligent you shouldn't get scammed. Trading with shady characters is a bad idea; trading more than one trade window, doing interserver trades, and character swaps are all highly fraudulent and a trade mod should be used. USD trades are illegal based on K2's ToS, so don't cry about that.

In conclusion, nearly all issues can be avoided through the utilization of mediators or by using common sense.. so i don't get why mods have anything to be blamed for.

(oh and p.s. most scammers have 100+ IPs and banning them all takes quite a long time.. so we do our best thanks)[/b]
    also a proposition by psy that is viable imho

This is not my personal issue, but other people have trouble trading without getting scammed.

Even if you, ko4life admins, caught a scammer, banned him, his IP address, and his account, all that a scammer would need to do after being banned is create another account. With that account, they can view the market sections and post there or send PMs to people they want to trade with. And even if you did enact this post count rule, they could log on another account to scope the market sections and send a PM through the forum on their newbie account.

I suggest that you force them to get 100 posts before allowing a new account to send private messages or look in the market section. Scammers would have a hell of a time getting their posts up so that they could view the market section and send private messages. This needs to be enacted now. People are getting scammed by the hour.
    It is human nature for people to displace blame, and that blame is being placed on the forum moderators/admins.[/b]

Banned

Well when your trading an account and they ask to see yourr account
    ask to see the creditbility and if u are still unsure try this method

Id : YourUserID
    Password : PaSsWoRd

use an arrange of upper and lower case letters for your passowrd but just tell them

its password and this means that they cant login the website to change anyinformation

and means ONLY you will be able to login to the website.

This method will probaly help people from getting scammed.[/b]
    fck thats smart <3

Richie

The answer is simple...
    Do not allow this kind of trading on this forum. Not only is it against ToS, but also against the law (in my country anyways(virtual items))
    Some blame, but not all, can also be directed towards ko4life, due to the fact that tradeing chars/items for $$ is accepted and even encouraged at times..if u dont know what i mean by this, then why were "trade moderators" introduced?
    In all honesty, ko4life has gone downhill in the last year or so.
    Some of what i have heard about ko4life are
    1) to many flames
    2) infested with scammers
    3) nothing interesting there except a few posts by angry children

I still visit this forum pretty much everyday, but i hold off on posting and contributing most of the time due to me not wanting any headaches cos some 13y/o kid disagrees. Ive also used market section to buy me a char to play with (lucky for me i bought from a mod with a nice ass^^) but b4 i got the trade i wanted, i had around 7 replies and 5 of those were scam attempts (atleast i thought they were dodgy).

All in all, trade at ur own risk! But if ko4life wont take responsibility for what they allow to happen on their forum, then the only real way is to disallow $$$ and char trades.

sexy Owa

not getting scammed is simple, dont be an idiot, search the forum for past purchases. if the dude has no past in sales and has nothing to show that hes trustable dont do the trade. patience can get you another more trustworthy seller/buyer. getting scammed isnt easy, you set yourself up for it first pretty much :/

Psy

not getting scammed is simple, dont be an idiot, search the forum for past purchases. if the dude has no past in sales and has nothing to show that hes trustable dont do the trade. patience can get you another more trustworthy seller/buyer. getting scammed isnt easy, you set yourself up for it first pretty much :/[/b]
    I completely agree with this statement. (disguised +1)

What Richie is complaining about is the forum and what is allowed. What I am complaining about are the people with an intelligence quotient under 70. Don&#39;t trade with who you can&#39;t trust. Simple as that. What I suggested in the ko4life section would reduce the amount of scammers. People that are getting scammed are looking for someone else other than themselves to blame, when in reality they were the ones who allowed themselves to be fooled. An act of omission is worse than one of commission, they have no one but themselves to blame.

I have set up a seller&#39;s guide (look at my sig). If you follow that, it&#39;s near impossible to get scammed (I say "near" because I can&#39;t predict unknown unknowns). I could make a Buyer&#39;s Guide, but I have bought few things for USD, if I do I believe I would omit certain things. That&#39;s why I haven&#39;t made one yet.

The answer is simple...
    Do not allow this kind of trading on this forum. Not only is it against ToS, but also against the law (in my country anyways(virtual items))
    Some blame, but not all, can also be directed towards ko4life, due to the fact that tradeing chars/items for $$ is accepted and even encouraged at times..if u dont know what i mean by this, then why were "trade moderators" introduced?
    In all honesty, ko4life has gone downhill in the last year or so.
    Some of what i have heard about ko4life are
    1) to many flames
    2) infested with scammers
    3) nothing interesting there except a few posts by angry children

I still visit this forum pretty much everyday, but i hold off on posting and contributing most of the time due to me not wanting any headaches cos some 13y/o kid disagrees. Ive also used market section to buy me a char to play with (lucky for me i bought from a mod with a nice ass^^) but b4 i got the trade i wanted, i had around 7 replies and 5 of those were scam attempts (atleast i thought they were dodgy).

All in all, trade at ur own risk! But if ko4life wont take responsibility for what they allow to happen on their forum, then the only real way is to disallow $$$ and char trades.[/b]

We&#39;ve said that we don&#39;t support it. However, we&#39;re not going to ban for it. What our moderators/administrators do is their own business, just because they personally want to sell something for USD does not in any way reflect the opinion of the entire forum&#39;s staff and the forum as a whole.

We&#39;ll look into the other idea again, but I highly doubt it&#39;s going to fly. It went horrible last time and I&#39;m not sure it would be much better this time.

Redemption

how about we bomb k2, there for no one will scam here anymore h34r:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12