Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My paypal takes one for the team <_<

This is a discussion on My paypal takes one for the team <_< within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well because im an upstanding english gentleman when my good friend needed someway to sell items in the game I ...
Page: 1

Aqu

Default My paypal takes one for the team <_<

Well because im an upstanding english gentleman when my good friend needed someway to sell items in the game I offered up my paypal (he isnt old enough).

So several transactions went through successfully, an iron bow money comes in, I buy him a RoC etc etc.

Its all going well until I see an incoming transaction of $200 for an iron necklace.
    Now, what made me suspicious about this was the country that this money had come from.....turkey.

Yep, I say to myself, ANY money in the world says this is the $200 that gets chargedback. So, the money comes in - the iron neck gets traded to this turkish fellow and all goes well.

Well, all looking good, finally a trustworthy turk. Log into email account the other day, yep theres a message from paypal.

-----------------------------------
    Details of Disputed Transaction
    -----------------------------------

Buyer's Name: Hakan xxxx
    Buyer's Email: [email protected]
    Transaction Date: 24 Apr 2006
    Transaction Amount: -$200.00 USD
    Ah suprise suprise theres a chargeback. Yep, so a full month and 2 days after I get the money, he does a chargeback on me.

I plan on ringing paypal on tuesday (bank holiday money) and explaining that I'm english, and this guy is turkish who are internationally known scammers, all of them. I believe that arguement will hold a lot of weight.

So 2 things are to be taken from this post:

1) Typical that the first dispute on my paypal (despite EASILY over 200 transcations) is caused by selling to a turk
    2) All those people saying 'wait 3 days so they cant do a chargeback' are wrong, as shown people can chargeback a month later. (hopefully leaving it for a month should help me - Why wait for a month if I didnt provide the item.....)

Damn turks <_<

Banned

Result?

Dragonfaire

Are they holding the money or just have an investgation? If it is an investigation answer it with exactly what happened and there is no way in hell paypal will allow it.

Aqu

They've currently denied me access to the $200 until they end their investigation. I'm quietly confident I'm gonna win, or I'm sure as hell not giving up without a fight :P

how do you charge back money, because my friend got scammed out of his items, and doesnt know how to get his money back

Vlein

go chris use ur educated skills to win!! u can do it!

Aqu

Originally posted by Vlein
    go chris use ur educated skills to win!! u can do it!
    I'm fairly certain I can outsmart a turk, so yes, tempted to say I can :P

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

Im not sure u can on a virtual item

Dragonfaire

Paddy ( :wub: ) FTW

Aqu

I'm not entirely sure what to say to paypal though, as I have no proof he does have the item or that it was ever given to him (except a screenshot showing the item in trade - but that could be argued that it was just showing him the item, not giving it to him). But then equally he doesnt have proof that I didnt give it to him, why wait a month before a chargeback.

Undoubtedly he'll make up some bullshit like I kept saying i'd give it to him then going afk or something.

I'm not entirely sure what I need to be saying

Any hints?

Aqu

sorry, I tried reading that, but im not entirely sure it relates, whats the point you're trying to make here, can I say commiting internet fraud by charging me back?

JudgmentDay

Originally posted by Aqu
    I'm not entirely sure what to say to paypal though, as I have no proof he does have the item or that it was ever given to him (except a screenshot showing the item in trade - but that could be argued that it was just showing him the item, not giving it to him). But then equally he doesnt have proof that I didnt give it to him, why wait a month before a chargeback.

Undoubtedly he'll make up some bullshit like I kept saying i'd give it to him then going afk or something.

I'm not entirely sure what I need to be saying

Any hints?
    You will not win, paypal will not issue refunds on intangible items

Aqu

Well then surely I WILL win, as this was an intangible item I was selling

JudgmentDay

Originally posted by Aqu
    Well then surely I WILL win, as this was an intangible item I was selling
    Sorry, i misread, thought you were buying.

I am currently in the same situation as you are, with that pathetic charlie, he is trying to do a chargeback on an item he bought from me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast