Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Weapon Defenses

This is a discussion on Weapon Defenses within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Are you mentally ill?...
Page: 5

ExpingSucks

Are you mentally ill?

never heard that b4. but i'd flame there too. since its unfair exactly as weapon def
    and kuk3n, do you realize that if both player have +80 weapon def its just about who has most Luck(most dmg/howlingsword) and pots?

if no1 of them had weapon def (excl. in ib) the fight would show who has more skill..
    but no, u just dont want to understand it right?[/b]
    Its Not Kuken ,it's MillionVoices aka Gondon

like my Friend NYchris used to say "The person who runs out of pots first is the loser".

p.s Exping And Triple, you guys are both agreeing on the same thing, yet you guys are arguing ,whats going on?

ExpingSucks

Its Not Kuken ,it's MillionVoices aka Gondon

like my Friend NYchris used to say "The person who runs out of pots first is the loser".

p.s Exping And Triple, you guys are both agreeing on the same thing, yet you guys are arguing ,whats going on?[/b]
    He's an idiot, he can't comprehend what I'm saying because i use commas, apostrophes and contractions.

He's an idiot, he can't comprehend what I'm saying because i use commas, apostrophes and contractions.[/b]
    i understand everything ur contradicting urself and i quit arguing with some1 who doesn't even know what hes talking about.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

weapon defenses in a 1v1 does not define who is the better player... nuf said

in pk be my guest use as much as u want

lol this game has gone 2 all the idiots lmao, and i am talking about kuken and millionvoices if they cannot comprehend that 80+def armors is totally retarded in a 1v1 then they r totally nubs, and also how was F9 supposed 2 know that dark watever his name is was using def armors when they were 1v1ing cause from wat i read he was wearing valk armor, it was like he was tryin 2 hide that he was using spr def armors from F9 or somthing

well thats all i wanted 2 say

ExpingSucks

i understand everything ur contradicting urself and i quit arguing with some1 who doesn't even know what hes talking about.[/b]
    rofl, How have i contradicted myself in anyway? You just can't comprehend.... :S

Zxenke

Ok, if you use weapon defense armors, you sacrifice other things, like hp armor or str armor or whatnot. It was F9's fault he didn't decide to use some weapon defense. You expect a bp to go into a fight with a sin and not use dd? Duh. And Triple, Ive heard you say a 1v1 is about who has better items/skill/etc. Items consists of accessories and armors, am I right? Wouldn't having shell +8 or special defense armors both be listed under items? Or is it only items that benefit you personally? Why would I be in CZ with my armors on I use to pk, but then come across a 1v1 and say "hey, its a 1v1, maybe I should make myself weaker..." No, you wouldn't. Pking is about getting NP, not 1v1s. Why do you think people pk in a party and not solo? Cuz the combination of skills of different classes is more beneficial to pking than solo. Why is dd so expensive? Because it's good. Go ahead and use special defense yourself. Non one is saying you can't. Don't want to? Your problem, not ours. Benefit for your personal self-respect and prestige? Go for it. Just don't criticize other peopel who make smart decisions.

BattalionCommander

While it isn't a rule, it is accepted practice (an unwritten rule, even) to not use Defense gears in 1v1's. Most players don't consider 1v1s like a being in a 1on1 street fight (if there is such a thing as a 1on1 street fight), they tend to think of it more like a gentleman's duel. Like a gentleman's duel, when people challenge you to a 1v1 there are normally forms to go through and unwritten rules (back-to-back, ten paces, turn around, draw your gun, fire).

sidenote: I think most 1v1's are pretty pointless, gear in my opinion plays too big a part. If it was really a test of skill then both people should have equivalent gear. Then you'd see who was more 'skilled', not who had better items (which might include weapon def accessories).

In the end, you're talking about 2 different things. But since most people think more of a 'gentleman's duel' when someone says 1v1, perhaps you need to specify when you're really talking about a 'street fight'.

Well i never saw anything wrong with weapon defense but i played on new server so max was like 30 or so... 80 is a bit much i guess and lame in 1v1 :S

Zxenke

Any pre-arranged 1v1 should have set rules, not this unwritten stuff. Stuff both contestants agree upon. In a CZ "1v1", anything goes.

KuKeN

lol this game has gone 2 all the idiots lmao, and i am talking about kuken and millionvoices if they cannot comprehend that 80+def armors is totally retarded in a 1v1 then they r totally nubs, and also how was F9 supposed 2 know that dark watever his name is was using def armors when they were 1v1ing cause from wat i read he was wearing valk armor, it was like he was tryin 2 hide that he was using spr def armors from F9 or somthing

well thats all i wanted 2 say[/b]
    if you read the damn topic, you would know im Millionvoices.

I was talking to this guy about it he goes.

Its Not Fair for a BP to debuff parasite or massive in a 1 vs 1 too.
    yea now we cant use our classes natural skills ROFL.

+1 zxe
    Weapon Defnese is an Item, i can use watever the fuck i wanna use.

Fairness can lick my balls really.

Unless the other partys says dont use it, i will use what i want.

Any pre-arranged 1v1 should have set rules, not this unwritten stuff. Stuff both contestants agree upon. In a CZ "1v1", anything goes.[/b]
    i been saying that all day
    people are just to fucking close minded to understand anythnig.

The Winner of the 1 vs 1 is the better warrior.

IF you cannot beat him too bad, if you want to beat him then you must use Weapon defense too. LIVE with it.

susGe

the reason weapon defenses are normally used in a 1 v 1 has nothing to do with being a gentleman. It has to do with the fight taking forever and coming down to who runs out of pots. When caladmin told me about the fight he said he was getting flamed for using spear parts, but he said it wasnt even something he thought about before hand. He just assumed he would fight the same way he would in cz. Simple solution 1 v 1 again. There is no way in hell F9 should loose to caladmin. Thats not a shot at caladmin because he already knows what i think of him as a warrior and ive already told him what i think he should do to improve. F9 is 5 lvls higher so of course he should win.

Ok, if you use weapon defense armors, you sacrifice other things, like hp armor or str armor or whatnot. It was F9's fault he didn't decide to use some weapon defense. You expect a bp to go into a fight with a sin and not use dd? Duh. And Triple, Ive heard you say a 1v1 is about who has better items/skill/etc. Items consists of accessories and armors, am I right? Wouldn't having shell +8 or special defense armors both be listed under items? Or is it only items that benefit you personally? Why would I be in CZ with my armors on I use to pk, but then come across a 1v1 and say "hey, its a 1v1, maybe I should make myself weaker..." No, you wouldn't. Pking is about getting NP, not 1v1s. Why do you think people pk in a party and not solo? Cuz the combination of skills of different classes is more beneficial to pking than solo. Why is dd so expensive? Because it's good. Go ahead and use special defense yourself. Non one is saying you can't. Don't want to? Your problem, not ours. Benefit for your personal self-respect and prestige? Go for it. Just don't criticize other peopel who make smart decisions.[/b]
    pk and 1v1 are 2 different things. 1v1 are to show whos the better overall character and player combination and weapon defences shouldnt be allowed but w/e im done with this topic. when it comes down to it every1 have their own playing style whether it's cheap or not...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast