Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well

This is a discussion on Well within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; First off I'd like to note I'm not trying to preech to you or anything of that nature. I started ...
Page: 1

Lifes

First off I'd like to note I'm not trying to preech to you or anything of that nature.

I started playing KO about a year ago, only if I could see the furture.....

Well like everyone I was a noob and my dream was to be 'leet' like those other people I saw, as I started progressing in my gaming 'career' I became more and more addicted. It started out at about 1-2 hours a day and that quickly grew to 12-13 hours a day. I never once sat back and actually saw my life dissolve in front of my very eyes...as a teen (I'm actually 17, just turned 17.....10 days ago) I thought life would be easy, I saw my parents go to work everyday, come home, and all was well; just a cycle, is how I looked at it. I figured my life would be roughly the same. Then came the point where all I thought about was KO, all I wanted to do was play, nothing else, I started to become 'sick' just so I could stay on all day and play, this is when the fossit turned on, and my life slowly went down the drain. Neddless to say my grades started slipping (worse than they already were) and lost what tiny bit of motivation I had left. I then dropped out as I had gone way to far to even try to come back, lost all relationships I had, my best friend who lived down the road, I would tell her I was sick all the time, ignored my parents to a point where we didn't even say a word to each other for weeks on end. My mother told me I have two options: Stop playing KO or I must move to my dads, I choose my dads because I knew he had a computer (lol). After my mom explained the situation to him he told me I wasn't going to be able to use the computer anymore (after I was already there, I didn't even know himm only a little from when I was a kid...maybe 6-7 he visited once a month....), that's how much I wanted to just play and be invisible to the place we call 'society'. 2 months of no computer, bordem got the best of me, started hanging out with kids, not the best either. Started smoking weed, the usual teen thing, you know the moved up to sellin it....blah blah blah....I fucked up my life, and it all derived from the devil (KO)

for the people who don't feel like readin this, sit back, look at your life, and it's not as good and dandy as you may seem. And I know this doesn't apply to everyone, just a select few so don't tell me how good of grades you get or how rich your parents are, I couldn't care less....really.

I'm 17 with no outs, all my friends are in jail or got the fuck out of here, I'm the last of my click still here and it hurts, bad. I went down the wrong path in life.

warrior

only opinoin:

you will be in trouble for overdoing anything in life ....

exercise, sleep, play.. all the same. balance is the key...

you cannot say money is evil when you rob a bank, it's your choice to rob or to find a job and make a living. it's our desire to gain put us into troubles not anything else...

i understand the message, but mind if i ask something,,,

if all your friends are in jail...how can you consider playing KO as the bad option? :S

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

if all your friends are in jail...how can you consider playing KO as the bad option? :S[/b]
    h34r:
    Psychologically speaking, perhaps KO was the one thing that undermined the influence for you to NOT end up in jail?

h34r:
    Psychologically speaking, perhaps KO was the one thing that undermined the influence for you to NOT end up in jail?[/b]
    though that may be the case in this situation, i would still like to push the moral basis of this story, that too much of anything is not good for you. Take online games in moderation folks.

at the end of the day ....... it gets dark !

Banned

your retarded for moving away just to play KO.

Banned

You actually moved house, and way from everyone JUST to play KO? lol, I'm sorry but that is just really, really sad.

Might I suggest This website?

4:20

if all your friends are in jail...how can you consider playing KO as the bad option? :S[/b]
    That is what I was going to ask...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

KO is a very addictive game and the obession is very dangerus. The 1st part is realising the problem , the 2nd is fixing it.

Dread

KO is a very addictive game and the obession is very dangerus. The 1st part is realising the problem , the 2nd is fixing it.[/b]

well said.

i was the same way for about ... 6 months ... didnt talk to anyone, spent my whole summer on the computer, woke up played ko went to sleep for 3 months ...

im not done playing but i play about ... 30 minutes - 1hour a day

bazzeeka

I did the Same been playin for ages...... but i had a balance because i dropped school about 1 year ago because my grades wer just fucked i wagged school term by term day by day. So they said come to school or leave so i left partyed hard on the weekends got waste usal shit. now im working , playing ko only after work since i come home at 10:00 at night .Weekends i just go out fishing drinkin drivin so yeah its about the balance man... we went for a 4 hour drive to go fishin the other month <_< caught 2 sharks while we drank a slab :P Im only 17 still livin it up hard i dont let ko get in the way, jus got my liceanse

KirbyKommando

First off I&#39;d like to note I&#39;m not trying to preech to you or anything of that nature.
    I started playing KO about a year ago, only if I could see the furture.....

Well like everyone I was a noob and my dream was to be &#39;leet&#39; like those other people I saw, as I started progressing in my gaming &#39;career&#39; I became more and more addicted. It started out at about 1-2 hours a day and that quickly grew to 12-13 hours a day. I never once sat back and actually saw my life dissolve in front of my very eyes...as a teen (I&#39;m actually 17, just turned 17.....10 days ago) I thought life would be easy, I saw my parents go to work everyday, come home, and all was well; just a cycle, is how I looked at it. I figured my life would be roughly the same. Then came the point where all I thought about was KO, all I wanted to do was play, nothing else, I started to become &#39;sick&#39; just so I could stay on all day and play, this is when the fossit turned on, and my life slowly went down the drain. Neddless to say my grades started slipping (worse than they already were) and lost what tiny bit of motivation I had left. I then dropped out as I had gone way to far to even try to come back, lost all relationships I had, my best friend who lived down the road, I would tell her I was sick all the time, ignored my parents to a point where we didn&#39;t even say a word to each other for weeks on end. My mother told me I have two options: Stop playing KO or I must move to my dads, I choose my dads because I knew he had a computer (lol). After my mom explained the situation to him he told me I wasn&#39;t going to be able to use the computer anymore (after I was already there, I didn&#39;t even know himm only a little from when I was a kid...maybe 6-7 he visited once a month....), that&#39;s how much I wanted to just play and be invisible to the place we call &#39;society&#39;. 2 months of no computer, bordem got the best of me, started hanging out with kids, not the best either. Started smoking weed, the usual teen thing, you know the moved up to sellin it....blah blah blah....I fucked up my life, and it all derived from the devil (KO)
    for the people who don&#39;t feel like readin this, sit back, look at your life, and it&#39;s not as good and dandy as you may seem. And I know this doesn&#39;t apply to everyone, just a select few so don&#39;t tell me how good of grades you get or how rich your parents are, I couldn&#39;t care less....really.
    I&#39;m 17 with no outs, all my friends are in jail or got the fuck out of here, I&#39;m the last of my click still here and it hurts, bad. I went down the wrong path in life.[/b]
    Your 17, you can still have a good life, go to school, get a job, have fun... start all over again. Start by saying sorry to your mom. She&#39;ll give you a second chance, and alot of other ppl will do too.

Banned Senior Member

KO can be addicting, but at least i&#39;m glad it didn&#39;t effect me much, I had no problems leaving the game after the length/time I played it. Also when everyone you know stops playing, you dont have many options If you really did all that just to do KO, then yes you need to fix that and work on it. For me, Playing KO stopped me from doing alot of stupid shit through high school

Banned

paddy is a cruel man indeed.. BUT IM ON HIS SIDE.. =) (ps. go lock flaming topic in logos at Private if u deem right)

erhh.. as u for .. shit happens.. suck it up and change it
    and like the dude said. it all about balance.
    too much of anything can hurt.
    =) like food ? over eating will kil ya.. no eatin will kill ya too hahaha
    like girl? too much sex is bad... no sex is bad (worst in some case)

all in all - shit happens.
    it a life lesson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast