Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serious Question about Policies of K2

This is a discussion on Serious Question about Policies of K2 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was wondering what people's views were on K2's policies and agreements. A question I recently became concerned about is: ...
Page: 1

anonym1ty

Default Serious Question about Policies of K2

I was wondering what people's views were on K2's policies and agreements.

A question I recently became concerned about is:

Do you think that GMs should be allowed to ban outside the realm of the Terms of Service?
    (My personal feeling is that, the TOS is there for the GMs themselves to follow. To ban outside of the realm of the rules that they set, is a gross abuse of power. The main reason why I think this is wrong is, people aren't aware what is bannable and what is not. That is if GMs are allowed to ban for things that weren't stated in their agreement that they themselves created)

If you guys have good/bad things to say about the way K2 "enforces" their rules, please add input. Maybe we can help them work on a more stable judicial system.

p.s. K2 is getting better, but they really really need to adhere to their rulebook.

ToS is a very generic thing. ToS should point to a penalty guide that should be very specific and GMs should follow that. Like constitution and penal code. ToS shouldn't address every offense ingame but just point to a "code of conduct" or "penalty guide".

Problem right now is ToS is too vague and generic and is enforced in some cases, a bit on others and full lenght on others. Thats very unprofessional and leaves room for lots of complains.

A formal penalty guide that clearly states offenses like duping, macroing, glitching, etc. like the one that existed in the past is required. That will leave no room for GMs to abuse their power, neither customers to complain about abuses.

And once that penalty guide is written, K2 should FOLLOW IT. Not one more stupid paper nobody cares. Macro is a ToS violation but go and look all servers whats going on. More rules wont change anything if K2 doesnt enforce those rules EQUALLY to all users.

Right now there's no rulebook at all.

Also, would be nice that whatever they decide now, stays for good. Every 3 months, they switch GMs. Every 8 months they change KOLA, which means lots of changes. Every 4 months website ask for different things to change password (email, fav movie, secret question, etc.).

My point is, K2 changes the rules everytime. This leaves a sense of a VERY VERY unrealiable company. There's no sense of security for the customers.

Whatever they do this time, better stays for good. GMs can change, KOLA can change, game can change but the STRUCTURE, the organization and the rules that are the base of the game, should remain. Sure, rules and structure should evolve in time, but not be ditched and redone from scratch over and over again.

Keep changing the rules and u will loose more customers. K2 might be getting more money but eventually they will take the hit and see what they achieved with all these changes that were't thought carefuly.

anonym1ty

Totally agree with you Devile. Consistency reflects how well a person or in this situation a company is organized.

Fantasy

I don't trust K2 for a penny.

On Silkroad today they raised penalty for botting/macroing from 1 month to permanent :lol:

Why K2 can't do? They are getting better? LoL I hope that was a joke!

morax

I could run KO better than K2 and with my healing skills thats saying something

Something certainly needs to be done, it's getting to where I loath the prospect of even logging on anymore. . .and do so, primarily to 'hang out' w/ friends i've made.

I'm more inclined on a daily basis, to take the 'cant beat em join em' mentality. Why not make money off the game, they dont give a shit about me as a player. . .glitch my ass off. . hell I'd be more satisfied contributing USD to koxp than to k2, at least i'd get what i paid for.

IMO if we all collectively stopped paying for the game right now (from now on all ko4life stop buying premium, etc) they probably wouldnt feel the difference. . . .(Knýght Onlýne FTW baba)

I'm probably out of place for making these comments, but venting is healthy, right?

Well the thing about the ToS is that it is SO vague they can revoke your account for no reason at all. You have almost no rights under it whatsoever if you actually sit down and read the damn thing. This means they can call any action they don't like as "detrimental to the game environment" and ban well within the ToS. What kinds of bans are you talking about Accurate?

As far as their enforcement goes, they have been making some improvements as of late, which is encouraging. Edana is so clean compared to other servers its shocking - I know its not very full.

The institution of ways people can assist the GMs should be expanded, but these GMs should only have the power to ban - not unban. This would allow for an enforcement group that would not be able to benefit from unbanning.

One of the main problems I saw when I was a GM, was the lack of communication. Not only GMs not talking or even knowing each other, but the lack of a system that could show who did what and why.

GM1 bans cheater1 for reason1. GM2 comes and sees cheater1 banned for reason "Blocked 999 days for cheating". cheater1 says, "I didnt do anything" buys premium and GM2 unbans him. GM1 comes later and doesnt know who unbanned cheater1 cause there's no log.

Saw that happen HUNDREDS of times. Sometimes u dont even know who banned the guy and u are "forced" to unban him since u dont have a motive neither a responsable for that action.

Server goes down and u see all ingame GMs pming each other on MSN, asking wtf happened, asking if they see a tech GM online cause not everyone has all contacts. Nobody knows if its a server crash or actually a scheduled maintenance.

Went a bit far from the subject, but still, is good to take this into consideration cause i know things are still pretty much the same.

Fantasy

I think the main reason why this game is mismanaged is because of the people working for K2. If you know those GM's that get only like 8-10$ an hour... you think they are educated very well? You think they are smart? Their admin must get like 12$ an hour ^_^

If you see what well educated people in the USA earn then off course this is very low, and we always say here, you get what you pay for :lol:

I think right now the only thing that happens is the GM that goes to the server like 10 minutes a day to spam.

## NOTICE FIRST USER THAT BUY 4000 KC GETS 10KPOT, blabla... ##

If I would manage this I would have the server monitored a lot more, with 1 active gm who works for the company and who is online like 8hours a day at the most busy moments. And he should recruit assistants like 6 on 1 server or 3 for each nation. Who can help him by reporting the macroers/cheaters and other suspicious people.

Wow - thats some serious disorganization . . . that could be solved so easily.

Sad.

Seems like an "internet" based game company should take advantage of its medium to have instant communications between its various members. I mean how hard is it to distribute all MSN addresses of people through an email. And with simple groupware you can handle scheduling and activity tracking online . . .

As far as the banning issue goes, it would seem logical that developers of a "database driven" game with logs about every little thing should be capable of making a more robust table that contains detailed information about the ban that other GMs could access.

However, I maintain that enforcers should not have reinstatement abilities so purchase of premium could not be an incentive. Not sure how that would be handled internally at K2 . . .

<_< points out the fact that the mage camaz0tz is still banned for what the TOS says is a 5 day muting violation

hej

As I wrote to them, have a gm online 48h going from server to server and ban the one how is dead at towers and ban the ip-address, then that problem will be over with that, of cores they have to keep a record of how banned player A and for what.

Then setup with abuses is ok and with isn’t, like combo, dupe, twitching/jingling, ctrl + minor heal and so on. (if they say that minor heal is ok, then I want to be able to use all my mouse bottoms, haven’t tested that maybe it works now when its no more hack shield)

Holy shit the amount of times i banned people. I kept a database of people who id banned and what for if it was 1st offence etc. So when i sent in my lists i could be consistent with how i banned. But unfortunately the people i forbidconnected <not a proper ban>, even tho i sent in the lists they seem to be unbanned within hours. Not sure if it was customer support or some other person unbanning. So it just seemed all the hard work i was doing was going down the shitter. It just got annoying at the end, no tools patrolling the server 11 hours a day some days not really having any fun at all as all you got was "FUCK U GM". Even tho i liked being a GM getting the satisfaction out of helping as much as i could. I couldnt help the people that really needed it, the people who got hacked etc. To be an effective GM you need all the tools

U kept your little database, I used excel, others used notepad and prolly others nothing at all, which is my point. Lack of standards, lack of organization and communication.

All that is very wrong. U can't provide a reliable service like that. GMs shouldnt even need to be online that much if they provided a way to let customers report cheaters/problems.

U ever tried to contact a GM? How u do it? Are their addresses posted anywhere in the official web/forums? Emails? Phone? MSN? No. U go to unofficial forum and bounce to all corners of the universe to get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast