Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Upcoming changes

This is a discussion on Upcoming changes within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; It's been a while since I post something that really matters in this website. For the past years, I've been ...
Page: 1

Default Upcoming changes

It's been a while since I post something that really matters in this website. For the past years, I've been inactive and the site has been slowly dying. Mods and Admins have done pretty much everything they could, but without someone who can actually add stuff to the platform, there isn't much they can do. Obviously, the fact a lot of admins/mods don't play the games the site is focused on doesn't help either, but still, there's a ton of things that the community has requested and I haven't added because I have other priorities besides G4L/KO4Life.

Well, that's about to change. I don't have a specific date yet, but in the upcoming days/weeks I will be migrating this site to Xenforo, a different forum software which is a lot better than vBulletin in many ways. vBulletin development is not only dead and extremely bugged, but a huge part of its mod community has abandoned them and moved to Xenforo. This means we will lose some features and will have to adjust to how this new software works, but we will also gain a lot of new stuff that will help improve your experience.

• Why should we believe you now after so long? Not asking anyone to believe me. Already invested $300 in licensing and mods for the site. This will happen regardless of anyone believing me or not.
    • The site is dead, too late!!! I dont care. This will be done anyway. I know there are quite a few here and will probably like the changes. Who knows
    • Will you finally add a feedback system for trades? Yes, this will be part of the changes.
    • Shoutbox, chat? Yes, I'll add that too. No idea which flavor tho, but there will be a shoutbox for the forum.
    • Will our passwords change? No
    • Will our post count change? Yes, but the way I see it, post count won't be that important anymore.
    • Do you have a list of changes? Not yet, but as soon as I have one, I'll make it public.
    • Please add X feature/mod? I'll be reading this topic almost daily. I can't promise I'll add everything requested but if it makes sense and its something most need, I'll see if it can be added.
    • What's the current status? Just started and there's already a test site up, fully migrated with all users, posts, avatars, etc. I've opened a twitter account so you guys can see what's going on: @Official_G4L. I don't tweet shit 24x7, just important stuff about the site. Also, this will help you know when we are down cause of DDoS attacks, hosting maintenance, etc.
    • Is there an ETA? Not yet. Is too soon to tell, but I wan't this done ASAP. Biggest challenge is make sure we keep our URLs. Once that's covered, I'll test the mods we need and make sure the cosmetic side is ok. Most likely this will happen this month, but it depends on my availability.
    • Glad to see you active again, can you help me out with X? No. Please contact any mod or admin. I'm focused on this and I don't have time for general day to day tasks.

If you have suggestions, all are welcome.

Sounds good some changes or the better can't wait to see it all happen.

Changes should help the forum, activity is what everybody is after

Little archer Senior Member

first

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post

• Will our post count change? Yes, but the way I see it, post count won't be that important anymore.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT IMPORTANt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    first

You'll have it back in approximately 4.2 days anyway
    MySqu1rtPie2 likes this.

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

Sounds good, but omg. I finally reached 1k and imma lose that!

The idea is that the content quality is rewarded somehow and not the quantity. What's the point on having 3000+ post when half of them are garbage.
    XeroK likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

All my posts are quality though.

Maybe not this one, it was uninspired.

poor razor ;D

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

I post quality shit.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Glad to see these changes coming. I know it was said at one point in time or another but is there a chance of implementing a live chat (instant messaging) system with one another on the website itself? I myself don't use Skype or any other instant chats due to a high number of hack related/virus issues, so really the only method of communicating is through the inbox or in game. It can be a s.o.b. trying to get a hold of somebody, just an idea
    Darken likes this.

Perhaps a post count should be enabled and transferred exclusively for razor.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    first

Damn, you beat me to it.

Anyway, good thing that the forums get an update although I've always liked the ko4life forums. I hate when stuff gets too complicated and shit becomes hard to find so I hope you manage to keep it simple and kewl. Also, I like the shoutbox although it also causes a lot of drama when ppl spam that shit with useless garbage. I can sense the trolls crawling from under the bridge as we speak.

will the registration dates be reset? also since post count is being reset that means no one can post in market section when the forum first migrates?

O_o Senior Member

If the post count doesn't save at the new forum the registration date needs to... Many people use this as a safe way to know who to trade with.

Also, how are you goin to avoid new players from posting in market place?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast