About price checking

This is a discussion on About price checking within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I would like to know WHY everytime i ask someone for a price EVERY fuking time the random guy get ...
Page: 1

Don_alfiere

Default About price checking

I would like to know WHY everytime i ask someone for a price EVERY fuking time the random guy get angry, start shouting me "NO FUKING PRICE, JUST OFFER, BUBUBU GNEGNEGNE!!!11!1oneone1!!".

Now...if I don't know the actual price of a fuking foverin or something other, HOW THE FUK CAN I MAKE AN OFFER????
    Always on the example of the foverin, i remeber weeks ago, the price was around 950/999, so i can think now could be 12/14 gb (isn't it?), but for an object that i never saw in vendor like...dunno, a BP dd cap, or a ROL or a ROC and so on...how can i make a credible offer if I dunno, more or less, prices?? how I can buy something like this when the conversation is:

-Hi, price of foverin?
    -offer
    -mmhh, dunno, best offer u get?
    -just offer
    - -.-..ok...12 gb?
    - lol, bb
    -man? man? still there? MAAAAAN????
    -*silence*

I really hate this :angry:

What do you think about it?
    Why you, reader, get angry when someone ask for a price?

P.S.

3Ds of price check in "markeplace" section, are always without an answer too, so don't tell me to do it

Speed

LOL yeah...

- hi price for X item ?
    - offer
    - 10gbs
    - bb
    - tell me your price then
    *failed to conect for a private chat*

i usually tell people to offer me , but i at least tell them .. hey thats too low or that price is fine ill sell ... wich is kinda different to that example , i tell ppl to offer cuz i myself dont know many of the prices items got atm..

Mario

some1 could be make sticky topic with top items on market section, and keep it updated but since market is totaly fuked, and prizes changin every day, its pointless...

Don_alfiere

Originally posted by Mario
    some1 could be make sticky topic with top items on market section, and keep it updated but since market is totaly fuked, and prizes changin every day, its pointless...
    You cannot do it: market is always dynamic.

I think a bit of education could be enough: if someone is selling an item don't knowing the price, why he cuoldn't simply say "sorry, i'm selling it but i don't know the price too.

Or, I repeat, at list a bit of education.

Mario

Originally posted by Don_alfiere+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don_alfiere)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mario
    You cannot do it: market is always dynamic[/b]
    didnt i said that

Proximus

Common Sense prevails above all in the economic market

this is so fkin common in diablo 2, you make a game asking for someoen to bring something, if you dont say exactly what they want, or overpay, they'll just leave, and not say a word to u

Misterlabalaba

if u want to buy a dang item then do ur homework before.

like foverin a piss ant ring by it self in my opinion but but +1 +2 +3 they seem to be liked by the general population(read cheaters).

lets see before the bus thing become an issue again foverins was 900-999m right(for that piece of junk its funny really).
    And since all the dupes have now pretty much doubled the prices make an offer around 20gb.

BUT if you buy an foverin for that price ur a retard

Also coin is useless now and I mean USELESS. you can walk around with 21gb on every char and your inventory and still you cant buy crap... well the crap thats left you can buy.

Ok so whats the reason people get pissed when people ask for price is mainly

1. HEY IM ONLY SELL FOR USD AND IM KNOW ENOUGH FOR YOU TO KNOW IT.
    2. I DONT KNOW THE DANG PRICE YOU OFFER ME SO I GET TO KNOW!
    3. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS YOU THAT ARE BUYING AND SHOULD OFFER ME WHAT U CAN PAY.
    4. HEY I SPENDED TIME CHECKING PRICES BEFORE I STARTED OFFERING FOR THIS YOU SHOULD TO.

Also items with high demand and low supplie is kinda hard to put a price on. and you can only make a deal if the item itself
    is kinda useless for his/hers character and she/he know he can get some sweet items for his char type for it.

Also if u play all aspect of the game you know what drop often and what drops less.

like shard and raptor for example.

Shards drop ALOT alot alot alot sooo shard +8 is not worht as much as a raptor +8 since raptors still have lower droprate.

So dont buy shards they are over priced since people payed alot for them back in the day. truth is to make shards +8 is easier now then to make mirage daggers(lower droprate). BUT low lvl people cant farm shards thats why there are still more md then shards in the market(also alot of people preffer to use shards to make +7 +8 items).

basicly if you sell your items when price is high you are supporting cheaters, if you sell for in game coin or usd its useless to you. GET ITEM in trade instead.

You can really notice the cheating in ardream since mages have hell bloods +2 +3 flamerings shios and so on.
    rouges run around with rol +3 dual or imir/shios +3

I mean look at karus side. doesnt matter if its during american prime time or turkish/european time.
    uber gear 2k they have alot of items usually more pimped then people on average in ronark/cz.

it really shows when you understand your own items. you know when a mage do 800dmg on u its bifrost bling bling behind it.

SO what am i ranting about allready?
    well what im basicly saying is get ur lvl up, farm your own items and go anvil.
    if you have enough coin for pots/scrolls forget about selling any drop u get and use those frags instead then sell them.

Proximus

Originally posted by Misterlabalaba
    if u want to buy a dang item then do ur homework before.

like foverin a piss ant ring by it self in my opinion but but +1 +2 +3 they seem to be liked by the general population(read cheaters).

lets see before the bus thing become an issue again foverins was 900-999m right(for that piece of junk its funny really).
    And since all the dupes have now pretty much doubled the prices make an offer around 20gb.

BUT if you buy an foverin for that price ur a retard

Also coin is useless now and I mean USELESS. you can walk around with 21gb on every char and your inventory and still you cant buy crap... well the crap thats left you can buy.

Ok so whats the reason people get pissed when people ask for price is mainly

1. HEY IM ONLY SELL FOR USD AND IM KNOW ENOUGH FOR YOU TO KNOW IT.
    2. I DONT KNOW THE DANG PRICE YOU OFFER ME SO I GET TO KNOW!
    3. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS YOU THAT ARE BUYING AND SHOULD OFFER ME WHAT U CAN PAY.
    4. HEY I SPENDED TIME CHECKING PRICES BEFORE I STARTED OFFERING FOR THIS YOU SHOULD TO.

Also items with high demand and low supplie is kinda hard to put a price on. and you can only make a deal if the item itself
    is kinda useless for his/hers character and she/he know he can get some sweet items for his char type for it.

Also if u play all aspect of the game you know what drop often and what drops less.

like shard and raptor for example.

Shards drop ALOT alot alot alot sooo shard +8 is not worht as much as a raptor +8 since raptors still have lower droprate.

So dont buy shards they are over priced since people payed alot for them back in the day. truth is to make shards +8 is easier now then to make mirage daggers(lower droprate). BUT low lvl people cant farm shards thats why there are still more md then shards in the market(also alot of people preffer to use shards to make +7 +8 items).

basicly if you sell your items when price is high you are supporting cheaters, if you sell for in game coin or usd its useless to you. GET ITEM in trade instead.

You can really notice the cheating in ardream since mages have hell bloods +2 +3 flamerings shios and so on.
    rouges run around with rol +3 dual or imir/shios +3

I mean look at karus side. doesnt matter if its during american prime time or turkish/european time.
    uber gear 2k they have alot of items usually more pimped then people on average in ronark/cz.

it really shows when you understand your own items. you know when a mage do 800dmg on u its bifrost bling bling behind it.

SO what am i ranting about allready?
    well what im basicly saying is get ur lvl up, farm your own items and go anvil.
    if you have enough coin for pots/scrolls forget about selling any drop u get and use those frags instead then sell them.
    +1

Don_alfiere

Mmmmhhh, very interesting.
    First of all I'd like to thank you for the time you spent on writing this long-interesting post.

Now I have a question for you: whay do you claim that buying with high prices means help cheaters/dupers?

I mean...duping road to a major number of items on market, more items means more offer and same *question* (hope this is the right term for market, offer/question, isn't it?) and when the offer is higher than *question* prices go down, this is the base of economy.
    When prices turn back high, doesn't it means less items on market? Less items, doesn't means no more duper?

So, whay do you think that buying at high prices means help dupers?

Again, you said I'd work on to know the value of an item, but more than asking people, checking section market of more forums, checking ebay, asking in clan what could I do?

Last, I know farming items by myself is the safest way to obtain a good stuff, but without a base of item is impossible try to run around the bowl waitng for a duke or a bishop or go for some big mob, so all that i need is some kind item, not uber item, this is because I'm trying buy somethink on merchant, or if you would make a donation with a diamond ring, or a wp, maybe ie could go hunt for a ROC or a ROL or a IN

Haxium

Originally posted by Don_alfiere
    Mmmmhhh, very interesting.
    First of all I'd like to thank you for the time you spent on writing this long-interesting post.

Now I have a question for you: whay do you claim that buying with high prices means help cheaters/dupers?

I mean...duping road to a major number of items on market, more items means more offer and same *question* (hope this is the right term for market, offer/question, isn't it?) and when the offer is higher than *question* prices go down, this is the base of economy.
    When prices turn back high, doesn't it means less items on market? Less items, doesn't means no more duper?

So, whay do you think that buying at high prices means help dupers?

Again, you said I'd work on to know the value of an item, but more than asking people, checking section market of more forums, checking ebay, asking in clan what could I do?

Last, I know farming items by myself is the safest way to obtain a good stuff, but without a base of item is impossible try to run around the bowl waitng for a duke or a bishop or go for some big mob, so all that i need is some kind item, not uber item, this is because I'm trying buy somethink on merchant, or if you would make a donation with a diamond ring, or a wp, maybe ie could go hunt for a ROC or a ROL or a IN
    its always been like that.
    Dupe = High price

"When prices turn back high, doesn't it means less items on market? Less items, doesn't means no more duper?"

Dupers dupe money/stackable items, not item. The problem isn't that there is less item, the problem is that there is a lot of money on the server.

A lot of money = Lets say someone find a warrior pauldron for a normal price, as he got a lot of coins, this price become "cheap", he buys it, and soon, all warrior pauldron are sold = no more warrior pauldron on market = the few people selling those start to put a higher price as there is not much on market = people w/ a lot of coins buy again = insane price again, and it goes up, till the rate item/money is stabilisated.

(Lets say a warrior pauldron is 1/10 of all the money there is on the server (ofc its not 1/10, it must be like 1/10000000 or something). If money goes up, the same pauldron will be 1/100 of all the money you got, so price will go up till the rate is 10/100 (= 1/10, the good rate. It means new price = 10 time the old price if there is 10 times more money on the server).

Just my 2 cent, i could be wrong tho

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

When koxp was rife in CZ I was spending most of my time in game trading and doing bifrost to make money. At that time I was searching the market for nice priest and mage gear almost every day, and I made some good deals and got some nice stuff (and blew up a lot of uniques on the anvil ). I knew what the price was on a day to day basis for stuff that could be seen on merchant. Stuff that didn't appear on merchant, I didn't have a clue on the price. I still don't. People don't respond well to price check questions, because they are greedy and want every last GB you've spent your time working for in exchange for their ROL/ROC/whatever. Personally, if the person asking speaks english, then I will give them hints. But the number of times i've had people offer me a full set of chitin+7 and other crap for my smite hammer... well I do get tired of it.

One thing I can say is that these items are pretty much unbuyable using coins. Now if you have raptor +8, shard +8, etc to offer then you might be able to cut a deal, and there might be some coins involved to make both people feel they got a fair deal. So all you can really do it keep "trading up". Got an EP and some coins? try and trade for a WP - EVEN IF YOU DONT NEED ONE. It's this type of nice item that can be used to trade and regardless of how much you can buy with coins you will always be able to trade a WP for something pretty decent.

When the market was really low earlier this year it was a great time to find out about prices, as some items were appearing on merchant which i've not seen on merchant for a long long time!

But in conclusion... next time you see some random turk shouting "S> ROLS> ROLS> ROLS> ROLS> ROLS> ROLS> ROLS> ROL" in moradon, PM them and offer like 35gbs (even if you don't have it)... gauge their reaction... if they say no, say 40.. until they start to sound close to a deal. Then feel free to log out, say sorry/no/bb/fuck you or whatever. Pretend you have the cash and see when they say yes... This will probably be slightly above the genuine value of the item. Make up fake deals using Shell+8 or whatever you DO know the value of. You might leave a few random ppl annoyed, but you will be closer to the enlightenment you seek

Don_alfiere

Dupe coins??? :blink: