Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What brings people to scam

This is a discussion on What brings people to scam within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; opportunity....
Page: 2

opportunity.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Ego, Greed and Jealous & Money[/b]
    there you have them

opportunity.[/b]
    i tend to agree with devin, some people may be as honest as the next guy, but when presented with a big temptation, some of them just cant resist it.

lets say one time you log in to ko and instead of your char screen you get a char of someone else's packed with items. would you call up your friend telling them "dude come mora inn fast, im gonna give you some uber items to transfer to my char" or would you just log off, leaving the account unharmed? (i would)

Most of us wouldnt scam even if we know we couldnt get caught, i guess thats a sense of moral we have.

but what brings scammers to overcome this sense of moral (consciense) and steal someone else's money.

is it their uncontrolled greed, or is it because they got scammed in the past and now they are seeking revenge?

feel free to come up with other ideas

/discuss[/b]

there is nothing to discuss

they are just scumbags

Banned for scamming.

I believe it is because of GENERAL ASSHATARY

zrocker0404

Well everyone SHOULD know u cant trust anyone, anywhere, except with the exception of a few friends u may have. People do it because they're jealous, greedy, and because the oppertunity is there (like the others said). If someone accidentally puts a II+7 in merchant for 30mil instead of 300m and u buy it, its the same as scamming, unless u buy it and intend to give it back because they made a mistake...

like the scenario above, if they had amazing items (IN,IB something+8 ect) alot of people would take it so they can better themselves and because of the oppertunity. In this world u can only look out for yourself.

same reason people are criminals irl.

rasta

Greed.

opportunity.[/b]

I don't agree with this. There are more people who have opportunity and don't scam then the other way around. There are ways to rip people off everywhere, most of us just don't do it because we are better then that.

You have to be a serious pussy and not think much of yourself to scam, that's the only thing I can see. I mean, if you were starving and couldn't get any work like in the great depression, etc, ya you might have to once in a while to survive but doing it from your parents house over a computer while your downloading 2 chicks shitting in cup, your just a complete douche bag loser.

I don't agree with this. There are more people who have opportunity and don't scam then the other way around. There are ways to rip people off everywhere, most of us just don't do it because we are better then that.

You have to be a serious pussy and not think much of yourself to scam, that's the only thing I can see. I mean, if you were starving and couldn't get any work like in the great depression, etc, ya you might have to once in a while to survive but doing it from your parents house over a computer while your downloading 2 chicks shitting in cup, your just a complete douche bag loser.[/b]

People will weigh the means and ends, costs and benefits, and make a rational choice. Heavy factors influencing these decisions are absence of authority,
    opportunity, and the desire to succeed, all of which exist within Knight online.

If a person values the items and success within the game, more than online friends, and socializing, he will rationally choose to scam.

personally, i had access to many accounts with unsealed items, but chose not to scam. I valued the social aspect of the game more so than being rich and successful, possibly because i was geared to balls, who knows :P

People will weigh the means and ends, costs and benefits, and make a rational choice. Heavy factors influencing these decisions are absence of authority,
    opportunity, and the desire to succeed, all of which exist within Knight online.

If a person values the items and success within the game, more than online friends, and socializing, he will rationally choose to scam.
    personally, i had access to many accounts with unsealed items, but chose not to scam. I valued the social aspect of the game more so than being rich and successful, possibly because i was geared to balls, who knows :P[/b]

Again. I don't agree. "Rationalizing" scamming is an oxymoron and you can be successful without scamming. It's the weak and gutless that chose to scam, the ones who think themselves too stupid or worthless to get ahead any other way, in life or in a silly game.

Its because they fail in life They cant get money on any other way..

Lati

Its because they fail in life They cant get money on any other way..[/b]
    ..Or they wants to make some extra money by this way.

$$$$$$$

I think this resumes 75% of scamming cases

Priest_gabber

$$$$$$$

I think this resumes 75% of scamming cases[/b]
    and what does resume the other 25% ? revenge?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast