Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What brings people to scam

This is a discussion on What brings people to scam within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; People will always try to find away to not have to work for anything, get it as quick as possible ...
Page: 4

People will always try to find away to not have to work for anything, get it as quick as possible no matter what you have to do to get it, even if it means stealing it. So that they can have something better.

More and more prevalent in society these days, and its sad.[/b]

Yes but these are the few, the weak of heart and weak of spirit. They think themselves worthless or less then others and they try to bring others down to their level. Every great society that ever created anything worthwhile in time had great men and women who held themselves to a higher sense of right and wrong, they thought about the impact of everything in larger scale and didn't try to burn their fellow man and sell their soul for pennies. Some people value honor more then others, then again, some just don't have any (or so they feel and act).

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

Scammers steal money cause they believe they can get away with it and do not give 2 shits about the other person. They forgot the other person is a hard working citizen due to the fact they're on the internet. Scamming faggots are all tough behind a computer, but would not have the balls or courage to do it to someone irl.

For some reasons I don't think you should mix up real life with scamming virtual goods. Of course, you can say "they fail in rl and have to get the money by scamming", but be honest, is scamming really that lucrative? Does a scammer have any monthly/weekly payments or what? They do it because, just like someone else said already, they have the opportunity to scam.

same reason people are criminals irl.[/b]
    you think murderers and rapists have the same motives as scammers on ko? :huh:

only 1 word, greed, topic shoulda been bb after the first person posted that word

I'd steal a french fry. :unsure:

I'd steal a french fry. :unsure:[/b]

Stop spamming, ima warn you >

For some reasons I don't think you should mix up real life with scamming virtual goods. Of course, you can say "they fail in rl and have to get the money by scamming", but be honest, is scamming really that lucrative? Does a scammer have any monthly/weekly payments or what? They do it because, just like someone else said already, they have the opportunity to scam.[/b]

Most scammings arnt even enough amount to buy some decent shoes, people are just assholes.

dirtysanchez

when it comes to scammers there are a few different types, theres the opportunist scammers who at a split second will take somthing that a friend has lent to them, theres the scammer who knows hes going to scam some1, befriends the person hes going to scam ans as soon as they are trusted they steal the gear and then there are the scammers who have figured out simple yet complicated ways of sacmming usko's worst foe ever..........THE TURKS!. now i am speacking from experience. i know scamers, i am still friends with a scammer and when i ask him, dont u feel bad about stealing there items. he just says no i dont, because either 1 of 2 answers 1. its there fault for trusting me or 2. some1 who spends alot of money on a game deserves to get scammed, so they quit and dont spend anymore money on the game.

now i have scammed, only once and i neva felt very good about it. i have told the person and i replaced the item i took + interest (because it was about 3 months after i took it). i am from beramus and i know teh big infamous scammers from that server. they are Fatstooge, MrFlames, snoopy, ::Tank::, and others. these are all the same 2 people who are friends.

to be safe only trust those people you have known or known of for a very very long time.

Banned

I would say its Envy( or dunno how to spell that word ) .

I can honestly say, It's so easy for people to scam each other - Hell, All you have to do is know the guy a few hours and if you play your cards right you ccan easily get his password, Or pretend your from customer service and ask them to verify account info, Or offer a free dupe/hack program that keylogs their shit away, Or it's as easy as selling something like a WoW account, then contacting blizzard and getting it back. It's so simple, Actually - It's because the mark's [Or suckers] are so easily trustful it's sad. I've had this saying for the last 10 year's after I was hacked on runescape, Never to trust anyone - Ask me how that worked thus far? I've not had 1 thing ever scammed from me that was worth any value.

Rejected

some people think its a game so its not bad thing to scam ...

ppl rob cuz they fail irl
    ppl scam ingame cuz they fail ingame[/b]
    even if i fail ingame i woudnt scam anyone tho i know someone since months he seemed full trustable but one day he just sold his char with all borrowed ironsets and raums and left our clan

Uzu

even if i fail ingame i woudnt scam anyone tho i know someone since months he seemed full trustable but one day he just sold his char with all borrowed ironsets and raums and left our clan[/b]
    fuck that guy! he gave my ironset back though :P

some people think its a game so its not bad thing to scam ...[/b]

That's just a really poor excuse they use like many of the others who posted here, we aren't talking about excuses people make for actually doing it, we are talking about the true underlying factors that cause a very very few people to lower themselves to a point where they feel they actually have to take something from someone else, and yes, virtual or not, it's criminal. We've already seen now over the past few years how many countries are starting to set up laws and such to protect the public from virtual thieves. I'm still amazed that some of you actually think you need a law to tell you what's right and wrong, that is truly pathetic. If it's not wrong, why do you all make up such stupid excuses for doing the actions and fight with the people who throw the light on you? lol.

Most of us wouldnt scam even if we know we couldnt get caught, i guess thats a sense of moral we have.

but what brings scammers to overcome this sense of moral (consciense) and steal someone else's money.

is it their uncontrolled greed, or is it because they got scammed in the past and now they are seeking revenge?

feel free to come up with other ideas

/discuss[/b]
    irony right?

i remember you selling duped items back on diez which technically make you a scammer too

but what do i know...i'm just a rando

People will always have that urge to be better, its apart of us, its wat makes us grow and survive.

If we cant do it the hard way, we will always take the easy way

some of us are in positions were we can overlook a few thousand dollars worth of gear and say i dont need that, some of us arent and thats y u see so many noobs scamming ppl all the time.

Then theres the ppl who just enjoy making other ppl's lives a misery... I call that jealousy.

For me, all the scamming and shit that goes on just prooves to us that were putting to much time, effort and money into a virtual, lawless world

like cmon $1000 for some fake armor?

if your stupid enuff to put that kinda money into a game, think of it as a reality check when it all goes missing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast