Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What brings people to scam

This is a discussion on What brings people to scam within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Contrariety in morals/opinion/motives. If they don't view scamming as immoral, then it isn't....
Page: 5

Contrariety in morals/opinion/motives. If they don't view scamming as immoral, then it isn't.

Contrariety in morals/opinion/motives. If they don't view scamming as immoral, then it isn't.[/b]

But it is, what do you think ethics and morals are. If everyone scammed everyone all the time everywhere, we would have chaos and no civilization, much like the ancient tribes of old who even then didn't steal from themselves within their own group. What constitutes advancement and development in society? What is the difference between the tribes of ancient history and modern society? Why do we live in groups and have neighborhoods, states, countries? People work together, they abide by a set of moral codes and ethics or justice is enforced on them for the good of the many.

Just because a man kills and likes it doesn't mean it's ok.

Just because a man likes to sex little kids doesn't mean its not wrong.

You apparently need a group of people telling you what you should and shouldn't if you can't figure out that taking things that don't belong to do is wrong (that's called a law). You don't need to scam, not here, not your neighbor, not the guy trying to make an honest living employing ur neighbors at his store, not your from your parents or your best friend, not anywhere. You aren't destitute, starving, at your wits end in life, get some nuts and man the fuck up, scamming is all about being a gutless pussy in this world because either u do it out of necessity to survive or your a coward who's scared to make his own way in life.

Urahara

This game is played by children(shocked?), to whom don't have accesses to credit cards and bank accounts. They have money, they just don't have e-money. To someone who has a connected verified paypal account 100$ might seem like nothing but to a kid...it's like a thousand bucks. With that money he would buy gear, something he couldn't normally do and to them it is all worth it. To others it is simple human greed, if you CAN take it then you WILL take it. If the opportunity presents itself, some people will act on impulse where a person with good morals will leave it be but a person who doesn't give a shit will not hesitate to take.

It is all a matter of relativism, theory holding that criteria of judgment is relative, varying with individuals and their environments. That right and wrong are dependent on the person.

But it is, what do you think ethics and morals are. If everyone scammed everyone all the time everywhere, we would have chaos and no civilization, much like the ancient tribes of old who even then didn't steal from themselves within their own group. What constitutes advancement and development in society? What is the difference between the tribes of ancient history and modern society? Why do we live in groups and have neighborhoods, states, countries? People work together, they abide by a set of moral codes and ethics or justice is enforced on them for the good of the many.

Just because a man kills and likes it doesn't mean it's ok.

Just because a man likes to sex little kids doesn't mean its not wrong.

You apparently need a group of people telling you what you should and shouldn't if you can't figure out that taking things that don't belong to do is wrong (that's called a law). You don't need to scam, not here, not your neighbor, not the guy trying to make an honest living employing ur neighbors at his store, not your from your parents or your best friend, not anywhere. You aren't destitute, starving, at your wits end in life, get some nuts and man the fuck up, scamming is all about being a gutless pussy in this world because either u do it out of necessity to survive or your a coward who's scared to make his own way in life.[/b]
    In your opinion. Dissimilar opinions, such as that of an ethical nihilist, would state that nothing is intrinsically right/wrong. I think it would be a thoroughly plausible counter-argument to say these 'ancient tribes' or civilizations were somehow ameliorated due to opportunists, doing what they do best, i.e utilizing the weaknesses of others. In this situation you could say the opportunist would be the scammer, the weakness would be trust (or being unable to determine someone's veraciousness) and the 'others' would be people that are willing to trust others who are not befitting. Seen as our species are what we are due to opportunists (no matter how indirectly), 'one-starring' a scammer would be just as hypocritical as an Australian labeling someone as a criminal.

Who knows ?

Different reasons for different people. Some do it because someone else did it to them, others simply because they can, and so on. Fact is that scamming someone on an online game is pathetic.

Then again most of us have trusted people we have never seen or that live all the way around the world with our chars and items. And in the end. all of us that have gotten scammed have only one person to blame and that is ourselfs because the only way to get scammed on this game is to trust the wrong person.

Most of us play or plaid this game for the fun and the friends and at some point you will misjudge someone and get scammed, if you where never scammed anything at all then you are really lucky.

In your opinion. Dissimilar opinions, such as that of an ethical nihilist, would state that nothing is intrinsically right/wrong. I think it would be a thoroughly plausible counter-argument to say these 'ancient tribes' or civilizations were somehow ameliorated due to opportunists, doing what they do best, i.e utilizing the weaknesses of others. In this situation you could say the opportunist would be the scammer, the weakness would be trust (or being unable to determine someone's veraciousness) and the 'others' would be people that are willing to trust others who are not befitting. Seen as our species are what we are due to opportunists (no matter how indirectly), 'one-starring' a scammer would be just as hypocritical as an Australian labeling someone as a criminal.[/b]

I totally don't agree with you at all. People are trusting because that's humanity. Like I said before, if everyone abused the trust of the people around them and scammed everyone, we would NEVER have made it as a civilization. KO or gaming is just a small microcosm both socially and economically of any "RL" dynamic. People who get scammed in general become "harder" and more wise to the possible actions of others often never trusting anyone ever again which I think sucks (or in some circumstances start justifying the same repulsive behavior they know is wrong which sucks worse) , but let me ask you, when you go into a restaurant do you trust the people aren't douche bags who are going to spit in your food or drag their cocks across your pizza, give you the wrong change or exchange ur real dollars with counterfeits? You have trust in others whether its food, bank, work, boss, employee, neighbor, etc. It doesn't matter if you want to tell your self that scamming others is ok, when you leave your house you are pretty damn sure your neighbor isn't going to break into your house when he watched you leave, it's the same ideal, trust in humanity and being trustful is what separates us from being uncivilized lunkheads. Let me ask you, if scammers really didn't think it was bad, why do they lie about it and try to hide it...you can't have it both ways. It's really about the persons pride and either you have real pride or you really do think your so low in life that you have to resort to fucking other people and no matter how you slice it, that's pathetic. Scamming isn't hard in life, there are chances everywhere on every corner but people don't because they are better then that.

dorpwn

got scammed few times, i think its very stupid because its not like you gonna get rich from this money
    better go to work .. :\

got scammed few times, i think its very stupid because its not like you gonna get rich from this money
    better go to work .. :\
    [/b]
    i dont want to be racist but its a fact i got scammed more times by jews than other nation
    its nice that u think this way

i dont want to be racist but its a fact i got scammed more times by jews than other nation
    its nice that u think this way[/b]
    You are not being racist at all. Racist would be to say all jews are scammers who care about nothing but money

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Immaturity, greed and jealousy..

its nice that u think this way[/b]

I got scammed by a guy in the UK, Canada, Australia, Turkey and Greece. I don't hate the people of any of these countries but I surely think these exact people are cock gobbling douche bags.

Some people are incapable of moralising. They need to be instructed by an authority on how to behave. These people tend to be criminals, scammers, and religious. Can't really lump everyone in the same boat; a lot of people have evolved higher brain functions. I think the problem is compounded by monetary greed. In poorer areas the first people to resort to crime/scamming will be such people. Obviously there is no absolute morality, but the zeitgeist is dictated by those who can think for themselves.

TakingBack

People will weigh the means and ends, costs and benefits, and make a rational choice. Heavy factors influencing these decisions are absence of authority,
    opportunity, and the desire to succeed, all of which exist within Knight online.

If a person values the items and success within the game, more than online friends, and socializing, he will rationally choose to scam.
    personally, i had access to many accounts with unsealed items, but chose not to scam. I valued the social aspect of the game more so than being rich and successful, possibly because i was geared to balls, who knows :P[/b]
    Oh shit your not DEAD?!!?!?
    WOOOOOOOOOT
    Go become C-West King Again ^^
    Best king right over here
    The DevinMeister

for those people who say that people would rather have items over friends, dumbest shit ive ever heard

for all of those who known poiz3n , aka me, lolskates
    i scammed for the thrill of it
    not because i wanted a shinny dildo +8 or whatever, also, for the money when i sold all your scammed shit :P

peace

ko4life sucks

for those people who say that people would rather have items over friends, dumbest shit ive ever heard

for all of those who known poiz3n , aka me, lolskates
    i scammed for the thrill of it
    not because i wanted a shinny dildo +8 or whatever, also, for the money when i sold all your scammed shit :P
    peace

ko4life sucks[/b]

Grats you're a self proclaimed low life piece of shit and a perfect example of the point I was making about scammers. Ban please.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast