Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

What did you love best about 2004-2008

This is a discussion on What did you love best about 2004-2008 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Thread repeat. I think the classic one that comes up is the orc screaming at you in login screen, and ...
Page: 2

Thread repeat. I think the classic one that comes up is the orc screaming at you in login screen, and your character select menu was them sitting in thrones

I loved the game not sucking balls.

i remember i payed a guy to join his clan because he had capes and everyone was spamming me to join my clan because capes were a big deal xD

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

During war in the old ko you got 10k a kill in the arena. Deru and apos were the best xp.

Little archer Senior Member

reposting but now a quick list:

-This was kinda recent (but still 2008): AP boost in wars when your nation lost too many times in a row (but it was bugged and was given at random I think). I remember spiking int priests for 1200 damage as an unmastered level 64ish rogue.

-The sense of progression, this was my first MMORPG.

-Getting my spell of thunder blast, was awesome.

-Farming delos for abyss gems, like a noob. made 8m like that and felt powerfahl.

-No krowaz bullshit armors and weapons.

-old main town maps. they were SO much better and realistic. Hills, random towns, valleys, and more variety compared to the plain and dull KE maps with that horrible pos road layer.

-getting a ladder M the first day of the month back in logos, yay symbols!

-first time in bifrost (had background music on), scary and epic stuff.

-pre-plat prem days, when level 80 meant something (I was not 80, but if I was I would've been pretty pissed that people are having 3x an easier time getting there while it took me ages with gold prem).

etc. all better times are curiously when turks were not around as massively as today.

When have 1200ap as shadow vain was decent

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

best moment from that time was when me and my friend met these group of people which were 60-70 who actually went out of there way and spent ages to help us out and taught us almost everything when we were like lvl 50's with one of our first ever chars which then lead to some of the funnest times on ko youll never find people like that these days

or when we were both in our 30's farming worms for +8's daggers to sell so we could buy a chitin +1 coz we thought it had gold on it...

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

People roaming cz with sword breakers and plate. Raiding mage partys and apos. Camping bowl all day killing the same noobs over and over. 100s of people camping attila.

Vindictive in Ares
    EverLong in Beramus

The moment in 2008 when I played for like an hour for the first time, then I took a break. About another hour later I wanted to play again. Then i realized I loved this damn game, then I played it all night lvling to 35 and feeling like da boss!

Knowledge of the game, or lack there-of, should I say. It was an "adventure" to say the least.

Crazy to think I was only 12 at the time.

When +7 items were considered top tier. I remember using a bardish +7 reduced for like the longest time. Bosses like Hyde and Antares were pretty tough to kill back then. I remember getting all excited after server maintenance restart to find and kill them....good times. Those days will never come back I'm afraid.

When +7s and mixed +0s and quest jewl you were the PIMP on PK.

i remember when i first started, being a mage level 20 or so and these party of mostly warriors asked me to join their party killing dts, but told me not to attack and just sit. Of course I didn't understand that logic so i started attacking when they weren't looking and got 1 hit killed lol

me and my friend spent hours duoing ash knights as 2 lvl 20 mages tping each other then running diffrent ways and then raging cuz we forgot to ice lol funny days

lured a troll warrior into town and took like 30 people to kill it and like 100 poeple died LOL

sitting at zombies cuz there was another 200 people there and waiting for some reason then attila poped up and got drop first WP ever

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast