Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

What do you think about Babashopping?

This is a discussion on What do you think about Babashopping? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok first lets make something clear. There are two different kinds of babashopping, one is when u pay money to ...
Page: 12

MillionVoices

Ok first lets make something clear. There are two different kinds of babashopping, one is when u pay money to GM or w/e to MAKE you some item out of nowhere (ijected stuff) that usually get wiped pretty soon, and second when u pay money to other KO members to get thier legit items.

Now, i honestly dont see how anyone normal could possibly tell me that first thing is ok to do cuz if there is something that ruins KO its those people with injected items and dupes.

When it comes to second thing, buying stuff from other players, i cant really say anything against that. Its basically the same as people selling their items for in game stuff. Sure u can argue that those are just "virtual items", "pixesls" if u want, but the FACT is that even so, they have certain value to some people in real life. Thus u have all u need for a black market to emerge.

So most of people who dont approve buying items tru KO4life are in fact people who cant/dont have money to do it themselfs and are simply frustrated that they are out of competition. They call "babashoppers" and "noobs" ppl who buy stuff for USD/share simply because they cant compete with them. Ive seen that many times on new servers when people who dont "babashop" get frustrated over people who get better itmes with $$$$.

Everybody needs to realize that KO has evolved (for better or worse is arguable, but even so) to a point where going new server in old fashion way isnt good enough any more. You have to deal with the fact that u CANT compete (there could be exeptions) with people who have 2-3 sharers and who will buy items from KO4life.

In my honest opinion its a matter of how mature u are. You can see things the way they are and deal with it, or you can flame those "others" and call them noobs no lifers or whatever u like. One thing nobody can deny is that you would all like to have a lvl 80 char with best items at least for a few scroll times pk.

And for the record, i cant buy anything on the internet from my country (those kind of money transactions are against the law) so i was never eable to get even premium myself thus i had to pay with in game items people to buy me premium. Thats why i have given up owning my own account and want now to share with others.[/b]
    The whole argument is not about weather it will do bad or good for the game.

It was about wheater spending money on the game makes you a loser or not and weather it gives an unfair advantage to less skilled players who are unable to acquire these items with their own skill, that what it really is about.

PSYK0SIN

I read all of the posts
    Its still illegal this gam is to be played as a community if you dont have time to farm or xp its ok many people ahve his problem including me
    i work 3 nights a week and study 5 days im pretty full
    Buying some little stuff on new servers like cleavers+8 chtiins+7 to start up is acceptable no biggie
    But when people abuse it and stat babashopping BIg ass stuff they start missing their clan appointments for bosses no more team play.
    babashopping is STILL a TOS violation no matter what you say...
    Some people didnt babshoppe a all and they are fukkin leets Ownage 24/7
    for example people say shit like Oh man Beterr owned Zero -_- pretty much yes (Babashopper)

tribute to SwindleMeBabashopper Lol best fukkin IGN xD

I still dont see a problem some ppl have. Its the same thing for example with premium. Nobody says u have to buy premium to play, but then again nobody says u can login whenever u want without it either. So u can argue that this kinda of behaviour from K2 is scamming or w/e u wanna say but the fact is nobody is FORCING you to buy anything for real money. You can see tons of ppl here with high lvl characters even on older servers who will tell u that they never had premium and still they own pretty good chars.

But then again when it comes to new servers its all about competition. Again nobody is forcing u to pay premium, but then u cant complain because ure not top 10 players on any new server without it.

Its the same when it comes to babashopping. You can play any new server and never buy anything for $ but then there is a high chance that you will not be top player on your server, and also a high chance that you wont get even close gear as babashoppers for like 6 months or something.

Its a nature of this game, competition. Some people are willing to go, what u might rightfully, from your perspective, call, too far, thats why so many people say "freaks" "no lifers" and stuff like that. But that doesnt have to be true. I dont think i have the right to judge other peoples actions, i can have an opinion for example, if someone spends 1k USD on account it does sound like insane amount of money to me, but still i can understand that. Many people dont have time to do everything old fashion way. Just remember old servers in old ko when nobody used to share, +6 shells were like so rare, +5 rappy was uber good and stuff like that. It used to take a lot more time to get lvls and items and stuff.

Nowdays u have bunch of ppl who work, go to school and stuff, and they might not really care about farming mastodons for pot money, or farming bowl for items, or boss hunting to get items. They have money and they get stuff easy way. You might not like it but its the way KO works now. If you want to be THE BEST it is no longer enough to be the best pker or the best boss hunter but the best at spending USD on items.

Does it ruin the game? It could who knows, but does it really matter, is it worth talking bout, i dont think so. There is nothing u can do to prevent it and i think everyone can agree with this. If person A has something of value to person B, they will always find the way to buy or sell no mater how illegal it is.

And i dont think its fair to compaire babashopping with macroing. Getting experience out of nowhere for nothing cannot be same as getting advantige in items that person A worked hard for, and person B payed with real life money.

I think that everyone needs to face that this KO now in 2008 isnt the same as like Ares-beggining KO. You will either find a way to adept or keep calling everyone whos better than you "no life" "noob" or w/e and thats the whole point.

MillionVoices

You might not like it but its the way KO works now. If you want to be THE BEST it is no longer enough to be the best pker or the best boss hunter but the best at spending USD on items.[/b]
    lol that should expalin where all the retards with big ego's come from. First 3 months ares, now that was some real MMORPG gameplay.

I guess it all depends on the person, If i were to buy an 80 char with +3 items I would feel like a fake.

MillionVoices

Also I4got to add, the game is extremly boring its just the same PK over and over.

Nothing really to do once you reach the top.

The whole argument is not about weather it will do bad or good for the game.

It was about wheater spending money on the game makes you a loser or not and weather it gives an unfair advantage to less skilled players who are unable to acquire these items with their own skill, that what it really is about.[/b]
    can you explain why we win mostly in cz all orcs even i know they have better uniques and higher lvls ?

it's not always about the items you have it's also about skills and teamplay.

i'll say you the answer = debuffer and a partycurer and you can own most party's you can have all your uniques +3 you'll get fked if you get parasight on you.

why is it a tos violation you think ?? because they would like you to spent dollars on knight cash sell it for ingame money and then buy your item ^^. is that then legit ??? someone who spent 50000 knight cash ???

are they legal then in your eyes someone who spent 50 k knight cash ? where is your tos violation now ???

they will sell their scrolls and get the money also to buy their uniques.

Well i'm sorry i buy gold prem and if i want to buy something it won't be with knight cash.

I farmed my completes +8 myself after months work. I bought some uniques with usd.
    So i can spend all other uniques to my clanmembers.

my items are iron neck, iron belt dual rol, we +1, sse +1, completes +8

i play this game almost 4 years now. I'm lvl 78 and i bought this iron belt and iron neck + cs +0
    all items i bought from friends with usd because i didn't had the ingame coins i could buy knight cash and sell them like crazy. What would make me legit in your eyes lolz. (but in my eyes it's very stupid ^^).

I like to spent some coins in my hobby and ko is my hobby, like it or not i'm sorry mate.

we all know your opinion you got ours.

We could buy knight cash and sell it in our merchants so we make k2 a bit richer but we are legit in your eyes.

Or make a friend happy and yourself happy ^^ and unlegit in your eyes.

I know what to choose have fun good luck

greetz Dennis

striker

:mellow: it affects market in a really gay way from time2time.

PartyPLZZ

1gb for 3 weeks for souls ;0
    use howling sword on exp babas

japo

can you explain why we win mostly in cz all orcs even i know they have better uniques and higher lvls ?

it's not always about the items you have it's also about skills and teamplay.

i'll say you the answer = debuffer and a partycurer and you can own most party's you can have all your uniques +3 you'll get fked if you get parasight on you.

why is it a tos violation you think ?? because they would like you to spent dollars on knight cash sell it for ingame money and then buy your item ^^. is that then legit ??? someone who spent 50000 knight cash ???

are they legal then in your eyes someone who spent 50 k knight cash ? where is your tos violation now ???

they will sell their scrolls and get the money also to buy their uniques.

Well i'm sorry i buy gold prem and if i want to buy something it won't be with knight cash.

I farmed my completes +8 myself after months work. I bought some uniques with usd.
    So i can spend all other uniques to my clanmembers.

my items are iron neck, iron belt dual rol, we +1, sse +1, completes +8

i play this game almost 4 years now. I'm lvl 78 and i bought this iron belt and iron neck + cs +0
    all items i bought from friends with usd because i didn't had the ingame coins i could buy knight cash and sell them like crazy. What would make me legit in your eyes lolz. (but in my eyes it's very stupid ^^).

I like to spent some coins in my hobby and ko is my hobby, like it or not i'm sorry mate.

we all know your opinion you got ours.

We could buy knight cash and sell it in our merchants so we make k2 a bit richer but we are legit in your eyes.

Or make a friend happy and yourself happy ^^ and unlegit in your eyes.

I know what to choose have fun good luck

greetz Dennis[/b]
    As i said this kind of babashoping isnt harmful for server, is just business... But remember that some "babashopers" waste a great amount of money for make +3/9 shits, that make them to be compared with dupers...
    In both of cases they are harmful for servers, from my point of view. If ur ego havent limits... bad

It is my money, I do what I want. Go suck a dick and die

PartyPLZZ

It is my money, I do what I want. Go suck a dick and die[/b]

yeah some ppl like to spend money on new hi-tech cell phones... some are buing clothes for wearing them once and throw them away... and some ppl like to play mmorpg's... its theirs money and nobody can have anny issues about that... fact is that 75% of ppl playing this game are kids from turkey who cant even speak english so i dont give a shlt if they squell that they dont have a real money for gb's... quit playing ko and trust me... everybody will be glad...

Banned

why the hell are you guys comparing a game with a car? or any other items.

a game is to play and a car is to drive. if you want to compare KO with something compare it to another game. use sports and steroids.

unless you buy your car to hump it then ill consider that as playing a game too.

Cadence96

Babashopping just takes out the hardwork aspect of the game, which alot of people feel proud of and acutally enjoy and they are able to pat themselves on the back for acheiving something. Its like the feeling of earning LVL 70 Finally. Same when you get your first IN, ROC, ROL. You'd feel good for acheving this and you know deep down that your a hard and good player. Opposed to as just paying $150 for a ROL and then running around with it, it just wont feel the same.[/b]
    Hey, so if I prepare my own cookies, will I feel more prouder than if I bought them?

big_foot

Hey, so if I prepare my own cookies, will I feel more prouder than if I bought them?[/b]
    No doubt even if they stink xD

gilamash

im against Babashopping, its so unfair how its so hard for us to even have money for POTs, and we dont even have money to upgrade and farm stuff, wearing shells +7, and rappy +7, running around and fighting those guys who have like +8/9 items from babshoping... well in another way, its their money they do w/e they want with it, its my opinion so i cant really do anything, im broke as hell and if i had money id probably babashop myself ^^

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast