Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

What does it take to be a "Pro"

This is a discussion on What does it take to be a "Pro" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; PRO = Good PKer...
Page: 7

PRO = Good PKer

wanker

pro means shit theres always somebody better

tamachan

Pro = A person that plays the game for Fun.
    Thats what Pro is about.. playing the game for fun... respecting each other and helping others.
    Oh and doesnt use Money power... Being number 1 in game doesnt prove anything... Having fun is the most important thing in games.
    I was a pro until money got into my head i became a fucking noob

ill tell u the definition of a pro for gamers....

Pro = Kennie + bathory

and if you 2 didnt use vent you are beyond pro

TY Just tried to have fun and not take things to seriously.

Banned

I have memory of a funny story, because we didn't use vent.

***xxx has defeated Kennie***
    Kennie: Fuck, did you duff that BP?
    Bathory: No, I duff that paper mage
    Kennie: Shit

We weren't always on the same page.

Stop comparing our culture to other culture. You think every culture have the same language? Then lets talk about football. European football or American football?[/b]
    wtf u talking about, nothing i said was related to any culture or to culture it self, learn to read pls. I was puting as example sports where the players are pro's.

What i stated is the fact that pro stands for professional and not for good, you can be the best there is but if you dont/cant do it as a profession, meaning that u make a life out of it, then ur not pro, ur just a very good player.

Banned

You do realize as a culture, we have our own language. We decide the definition, "pro" doesn't have to stand for professionals. The word professionals you're saying is already define in many other languages and cultures. I want to define "pro" in KO term, our term as a community.

The best comparison is the term football, in american culture it is different than european culture. Get it?

ZeIda

What does it take to be a "pro" in ko? Almost nothing.

I have memory of a funny story, because we didn't use vent.

***xxx has defeated Kennie***
    Kennie: Fuck, did you duff that BP?
    Bathory: No, I duff that paper mage
    Kennie: Shit

We weren't always on the same page.[/b]

That paper mage was prolly me when i was human :P

<3

SpinalTap

Pro from different points of view:
    Organization. If there is 1 priest in an 8 person pk party, and that party goes for one individual knowing that the priest is duffing them first(without the priest calling it out on vent), that shows good organization and teamwork. If that priest can keep the party alive(ie ontop of cures and heals, while still managing to throw out duffs, while tanking however many individuals).

As far as PKing solo, the only 2 classes that can pk solo anymore are priests and rogues, since they have the ability to cure themselves. As far as ares goes, pking solo is kinda a lost art. it is more or less a gangbang style. Humans push Orcs, orcs push humans rinse and repeat.

A point of being pro, I think is the willingness to help clannies or even sometimes noobs. The last two clans I&#39;ve been in have been amazing in this point, TheLast and BadCompany. Priests know the annoying quests we have at 70, 72, 74, 76 etc etc. Both these clans were more than willing to spend as long as it took to collect abyss eyes, poison sacs, zombie eyes and so on, not just for priests, but every item for any class as well.

As Volcanic said early, you are only as strong as your weakest char/player. I&#39;ll agree with that point to an extent, but F9(matt) put is better I believe when he said something along the lines of "you are only as good as your priest". Any good organized clan/ally pk party will go for the priest or mage first. Without the priest, how long can the rest of the party survive.

Gear can get someone only so far. If you don&#39;t know how to play your char and know the limitations of that char, you will never be any good. Good players can analyze a situation and come up with the best plan of action. Good players can think outside of the box and organize a group to work together(good players are also those who listen well and follow thru with the plan of action)

To boost Durans ego, yes, he is leetsauce, progay player

If you can fuck a girl then you are a pro.

oO Jc Oo

NOT

too many nubs buying accounts cause they are too lazy to level thier own.

and owning in PVP dont fit either esp when your a support class, and all 4 classes have support roles.

Wyrm[/b]

there is a lot of examples about buy a top high lvl, maybe they take the TIME AS VALUE, and just buy a high lvl for pk and other things.

Yun_Yuuzhan

I would say, a "Pro" player is defined by extensive knowledge of the game&#39;s mechanics, the ability to consistently produce desirable results (either for themselves or for their team), and a winning personality. Two of these must be learned, they are not possessed at birth. A personality can be cultivated with time, or it can be from birth.

The title itself can only be bestowed by a meaningful collection of peers; you can&#39;t claim it yourself as this is hubris. A majority needs to agree that a person in question really is a "Pro", otherwise the title holds little meaning. This last part is difficult to quantify, but in general game communities know who the big fish are.

And yes, there are ALWAYS undiscovered pros, in any game. Some people just don&#39;t seek the limelight, even if they happen to be very good at what they do.

if u want to be a pro u must eat a lot of kebab&#39;s[/b]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast