Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

What does it take to be a "Pro"

This is a discussion on What does it take to be a "Pro" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; USD will make your char pro but as for skills LOL ....
Page: 8

USD will make your char pro but as for skills LOL .

min0r

You can't be pro at Knight Online, too many hacks out to even begin this....FLAME ON![/b]
    +2

Pro from different points of view:
    Organization. If there is 1 priest in an 8 person pk party, and that party goes for one individual knowing that the priest is duffing them first(without the priest calling it out on vent), that shows good organization and teamwork. If that priest can keep the party alive(ie ontop of cures and heals, while still managing to throw out duffs, while tanking however many individuals).

As far as PKing solo, the only 2 classes that can pk solo anymore are priests and rogues, since they have the ability to cure themselves. As far as ares goes, pking solo is kinda a lost art. it is more or less a gangbang style. Humans push Orcs, orcs push humans rinse and repeat.

A point of being pro, I think is the willingness to help clannies or even sometimes noobs. The last two clans I've been in have been amazing in this point, TheLast and BadCompany. Priests know the annoying quests we have at 70, 72, 74, 76 etc etc. Both these clans were more than willing to spend as long as it took to collect abyss eyes, poison sacs, zombie eyes and so on, not just for priests, but every item for any class as well.

As Volcanic said early, you are only as strong as your weakest char/player. I'll agree with that point to an extent, but F9(matt) put is better I believe when he said something along the lines of "you are only as good as your priest". Any good organized clan/ally pk party will go for the priest or mage first. Without the priest, how long can the rest of the party survive.

Gear can get someone only so far. If you don't know how to play your char and know the limitations of that char, you will never be any good. Good players can analyze a situation and come up with the best plan of action. Good players can think outside of the box and organize a group to work together(good players are also those who listen well and follow thru with the plan of action)

To boost Durans ego, yes, he is leetsauce, progay player[/b]
    hehe i like you

Stop comparing our culture to other culture. You think every culture have the same language? Then lets talk about football. European football or American football?[/b]
    Culture? wtf ur on? crack ? Pro is professional in all languages and in all "cultures" im not talking about the differences beetween soccer and american football im talking about an universal meaning of Pro = professional.

Unless ofcourse u wanna make ur own meaning of pro. -.-!

PS.- assuming ur from usa, and that u think all of you think that u own the word, actually there are a lot of ppl from there that will tell u im right.

TouchMyBlade

Culture? wtf ur on? crack ? Pro is professional in all languages and in all "cultures" im not talking about the differences beetween soccer and american football im talking about an universal meaning of Pro = professional.

Unless ofcourse u wanna make ur own meaning of pro. -.-!

PS.- assuming ur from usa, and that u think all of you think that u own the word, actually there are a lot of ppl from there that will tell u im right.[/b]

What does it matter the exact meaning of "pro" the intent was clear and everyone knows what he is talking about.

Even if you guys go on about pro being professional in terms of work. It can be translated here professional at work = skilled has knowledge has success. Professional usually refers to jobs requiring schooling/degrees to obtain. i.e. law, medicine, engineering or as you say earning a living from a sport.

However, more definitions

A skilled practitioner; an expert (leet PKer).

characteristic of or befitting a profession ; "professional conduct"(not KSing, thanking for a vs); "professional ethics"(not cheating not duping; "a thoroughly professional performance(good PK session/war)"

Bottom line its slang as is most of the stuff ppl talk about here. Its not hard to understand "pro" being slang for good at what they do being KO for the point of this topic.

Like when you tanked some crazy damage in CZ and get out or even eventually die. Someones goes. OMG dude that was so pimp. They are not saying OMG dude that was so "One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer"

Its just slang if ppl know what ti means then thats all that matters for the sake of a game, if the intent is clear then whocares

Well Pro its what it is, and u should say better good or best or w/e instead of pro, but since most of u have given that meaning to pro to use it on KO well...

If ur talking saying ur pro relationed to a game, then ur saying ur a pro-gamer, and a pro-gamer is someone who can make a respected life out of the game he plays in an organized and stable way. Do you get that from KO or any other mmorgps ? dont think so...

Pro = How deep is your pocket $$$

them u become Pro baba ..

go for Pro baba :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahaha

ofc, for skills and combo dont need to talk about it, techniques are welcome plus, and 3rd programs as minor pedal, wallhack or speed hack.. or any other 3rd party program, you become a shitty pro.

keep it clean in techniques, skills, win or loose dont matter , is all about having fun and be real not a faker by using 3rd third programs to gain some kills.. ....

If you want to be/become pro all u need is real life money.

Think about it. You can be The One of KO skill and still not be pro, for example if you cant buy premium from your country. You can have all the skill u want, but still, no1 will notice unless ure eable to kill other people. In order to kill other people, and not just "kill" them = last hit, u need to have some advantige over your opponents.

N01 (assuming youre warrior/sin) is to get a priest debuffer, but that USUALLY doesnt get much respect on newer servers (from most of the players) cuz all u get is ****loads of letters from pissed off turks.

And N02 option is to use real life money in order to get items (doesnt work as well on older servers ofcourse) so that you can have ap/hp/ac advantige over other people. For example, lets say theres a new server, and theres this warrior dude thats willing to buy dual ROC/WE/IB/IN in 2-3 weeks into server. Now, even if that person has an average combo, assuming hes like lvl 70 by then (possible with sharers) 99% of CZ ppl will concider him "pro" cuz, well, he kills everyone with 3-4 hits or less...

I remember in old KO, maybe a year after USKO oppened, when you had first lvl 70s, when most of the server was like lvl 60-62, everyone concidered lvl 70 warrior "pro" while their combo wasnt the best or even close to it. They were simply playing hard core, thus having more lvls and pwning everyone else. Nowdays its eazy to get decent lvl (either lvling yourself or even buying chars) but what still remains hard is obtaining items. So i think even if ure not skilled, if ure willing to spend ALOT of $$$$ on game, you will learn everything u need to know in less than a month and youll have shitload of fun...

And btw in KO "pro" means nothing to me, i dont even use that term for skilled players, as skill isnt everything. Good Gun is a right term for someone whos really good at it skill and every other way-wise.

Helping out noops and being good natured when you loose to someone and to stay dedicated to one clan that's real to you, Not changing clans every other day...

If you want to be/become pro all u need is real life money.

Think about it. You can be The One of KO skill and still not be pro, for example if you cant buy premium from your country. You can have all the skill u want, but still, no1 will notice unless ure eable to kill other people. In order to kill other people, and not just "kill" them = last hit, u need to have some advantige over your opponents.

N01 (assuming youre warrior/sin) is to get a priest debuffer, but that USUALLY doesnt get much respect on newer servers (from most of the players) cuz all u get is ****loads of letters from pissed off turks.

And N02 option is to use real life money in order to get items (doesnt work as well on older servers ofcourse) so that you can have ap/hp/ac advantige over other people. For example, lets say theres a new server, and theres this warrior dude thats willing to buy dual ROC/WE/IB/IN in 2-3 weeks into server. Now, even if that person has an average combo, assuming hes like lvl 70 by then (possible with sharers) 99% of CZ ppl will concider him "pro" cuz, well, he kills everyone with 3-4 hits or less...

I remember in old KO, maybe a year after USKO oppened, when you had first lvl 70s, when most of the server was like lvl 60-62, everyone concidered lvl 70 warrior "pro" while their combo wasnt the best or even close to it. They were simply playing hard core, thus having more lvls and pwning everyone else. Nowdays its eazy to get decent lvl (either lvling yourself or even buying chars) but what still remains hard is obtaining items. So i think even if ure not skilled, if ure willing to spend ALOT of $$$$ on game, you will learn everything u need to know in less than a month and youll have shitload of fun...

And btw in KO "pro" means nothing to me, i dont even use that term for skilled players, as skill isnt everything. Good Gun is a right term for someone whos really good at it skill and every other way-wise.[/b]

Cool, you just red my mind...

ofc, i fully agree with this guy ... people oh yeah , i know this and that, and some make joke oh shtt you didnt know that and later a BIG HAHAHA!! in your face.. .. everyone has their own style by using skills , combos, jewels gears set, tanking or fll attaker or support, everyone is different and there is not a perfect pro style.

It all depends how u play your class character, skills, and gears, and all that sure does matter to have a good variety of items , jewels , armors , weapons, but for doing that some require to babashop , there is nothing un pro by using baba system purchase , if you have the $$ and wanna use , now after you purchase the item is all up to you how well you put it to work for your class character.. well,, no need to be a pro all u need is to have a good load of $$ and purchase your gears and u go from there .. . ...

i dont think pro should be the word in KO society,

i believe that should be called Good Player, Great Player, mid player , sucky sucky player. u named but calling your self or calling some1 PRO.. thats childesh.. ...

there is no Pro in ko society thats the bottom line.

PanaKota

Game experience
    Premium..

CuriositY

When someone Vs me and lose and then send me a leter : " ty 4 the fight, it was fun" i consider him as a pr0 player.
    He enjoyed it, he plays 4 fun and if next time i will loose to him i will TY him as well.

Thats my 2 cents :][/b]
    I seriously think the same.

Like this 1 v 1 against a level 48-80 ( 73-74 IDK ) :

I think its a nice player and who fight and having fun.

And First a Legit player is a Pro.
    And another point some wont agree.. I think a pro player is someone who is able to level by their own without help of sharer.
    Playing a warrior level 80 with all uber item and shared by 4 players I don't take this as a really good player.

So that my point no flame some wont agree.

I have memory of a funny story, because we didn't use vent.

***xxx has defeated Kennie***
    Kennie: Fuck, did you duff that BP?
    Bathory: No, I duff that paper mage
    Kennie: Shit

We weren't always on the same page.[/b]
    *** xxx has defeated M4D ***
    M4D: shit, did you duff that rogue?
    M4DBuffer: i was in the toliet, sorry
    M4D: *** you

:lol:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678