Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

what exactly do they do over maintenace period?

This is a discussion on what exactly do they do over maintenace period? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ask a straight question and get smart alex comments. I've given up on these forums, given up on the community, ...
Page: 2

Banned

ask a straight question and get smart alex comments. I've given up on these forums, given up on the community, given up on this game.[/b]
    what the fuck is a smart alex comment

denon33

english phrase google it elucid

what the fuck is a smart alex comment[/b]
    Chuckled.

mjollner

sql patches update their sql servers (probably MySQL) normally just security updates, and bug fixes. (What k2 should do to ko :P )
    They also probably restart all the servers, and their routers, and perform any other software updates they need to.
    also they probably feed the hampsters to keep the wheels turning... :P

denon33

lol I understood the fedding hampsters part, rest of it flew straight over my head. Guess I should stick to my chemical engineering degree, and leave the rest to the new generation.

I understand J-notation and dervivation, industrial engineering and can calculate heat loss across a thick walled cylinder. However I have no idea about technical terms in computers hehe. I want to learn but my degree is taking up my time. Guess its about priorities.

Like my tutor says, u cant rush chemistry. ( I personally think, thats just an excuse for chemical plant workers to read newspapers and act like Homer Simpson ).

And like the electrical engineer students, I got no idea what they do. They call it electrickery. I have to agree.

nutsackatak1

lol I understood the fedding hampsters part, rest of it flew straight over my head. Guess I should stick to my chemical engineering degree, and leave the rest to the new generation.

I understand J-notation and dervivation, industrial engineering and can calculate heat loss across a thick walled cylinder. However I have no idea about technical terms in computers hehe. I want to learn but my degree is taking up my time. Guess its about priorities.

Like my tutor says, u cant rush chemistry. ( I personally think, thats just an excuse for chemical plant workers to read newspapers and act like Homer Simpson ).

And like the electrical engineer students, I got no idea what they do. They call it electrickery. I have to agree.[/b]
    You know if it didn't say you were British under your name, then I could probably figure it out from this. also cocks

tommyleonghk

I bet they try to train monkeys to do thier jobs... ho ho ho

monkeys training monkeys to push a few buttons... ho ho ho

merry xmas

J

what the fuck is a smart alex comment[/b]
    What the fuck is with you going into every topic and putting people down? You obviously know what it meant. It might not have been spelled properly, but you had the gist of it. Quit being a douche bag in every topic.

denon33

U dont know how correct u are. I spent 3 weeks in the control room on a DuPont site seeing how they operate. Work 12 hr shifts spend 11.5 hrs with their feet up on the internet, ignoring alarms. Then tell me they get paid for what they know and not what they do.

Believe me its scary, I saw a over pressure alarm come up on the alarm manager system and the guy in charge was making steak and eggs in the canteen. I went and told him, he told me to fuck off and mind my own business. 2 mins later bursting disc popped and 600 bar(gauge) steam was shooting out the top of the boiler. I was 200 metres away and it nearly deafened me.

Unbelievable. 600 bar steam btw, is 600 x atmospheric pressure keeping us all on this planet. So u kinda could appreciate when u have that pressure trying to get outta a vessel that is 100m Cubed then its gonna take some time to vent down.imagine the noise a kettle makes. And this shit is superheated steam at over 600 degress c. And its venting to atmosphere. The company had 300 complaints from residents. Mad as fuck

Plant was shutdown for 11 days, w8ing for this thing to vent off. What happened to the guy? Absolutely nothing. Well thats job experience for ya lol

nutsackatak1

U dont know how correct u are. I spent 3 weeks in the control room on a DuPont site seeing how they operate. Work 12 hr shifts spend 11.5 hrs with their feet up on the internet, ignoring alarms. Then tell me they get paid for what they know and not what they do.

Believe me its scary, I saw a over pressure alarm come up on the alarm manager system and the guy in charge was making steak and eggs in the canteen. I went and told him, he told me to fuck off and mind my own business. 2 mins later bursting disc popped and 600 bar(gauge) steam was shooting out the top of the boiler. I was 200 metres away and it nearly deafened me.

Unbelievable. 600 bar steam btw, is 600 x atmospheric pressure keeping us all on this planet. So u kinda could appreciate when u have that pressure trying to get outta a vessel that is 100m Cubed then its gonna take some time to vent down.imagine the noise a kettle makes. And this shit is superheated steam at over 600 degress c. And its venting to atmosphere. The company had 300 complaints from residents. Mad as fuck

Plant was shutdown for 11 days, w8ing for this thing to vent off. What happened to the guy? Absolutely nothing. Well thats job experience for ya lol[/b]
    I'm gunna go ahead and call wrong section on that one, but good story lmao

Banned

What the fuck is with you going into every topic and putting people down? You obviously know what it meant. It might not have been spelled properly, but you had the gist of it. Quit being a douche bag in every topic.[/b]
    If people didn't make it so easy I wouldn't, but since it seems to be getting on some peoples nerves I'll try to hold my tongue and be civilized.

No need for name calling, that hurt my feelings.

i think you mean a smart alec or smart aleck comment not a smart alex comment ... :\

A "smart aleck" or "smart alec" is a person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive and an impudent person.

wise guy: an upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments

they use the maintenence for fixing bugs

[spoiler](LOL)[/spoiler]

To have a real answer!!!

I think they check the servers capability every week, They restart them make sure the bosses are up... Look to see anybugs...Fix account with tickets... Jack off...Scam money...That concludes our maintenance... ooh also make it harder to login without prem.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Obligatory response: They get drunk and play dodgeball. With the servers.

Truthful response: They probably reboot, defragment hard drives, clear log files to keep disk space free, briefly check the hardware for problems, and then finally, restart the AI spawn program, SQL DB, and server program itself on each individual cluster. (As I understand it, each cluster is composed of no less than three individual machines. I'm guessing it's probably at least 12 per world (6 machines running Ares 1 and 6 running Ares 2) given the load KO is under during peak hours.

I'm sure if Festo or Devile sees this topic they could offer some insight into which one is more accurate. :lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast