Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What the heck?

This is a discussion on What the heck? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Revised restoration packages for compromised accounts will be released next week. More information coming in a few days What does ...
Page: 1

Default What the heck?

Revised restoration packages for compromised accounts will be released next week. More information coming in a few days

What does that mean?!@ any1 got some information on wath is that

Banned Senior Member

sounds like if you reported having your account hacked.... you're getting a special deal.

oh sweeeeeeeet

i still dont get it

Imust be rtarded jeez Revised restoration packages tha fck?

Banned

When your account gets hacked, and it's proven somehow through customer support K2 gives you a package of gear. it used to be ridiculous, like for a level 75+ mage they would give you complete +5 with int bonus and a +4 elixir staff. I'm guessing they are finally upgrading it to something that's actually usable.

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

Will they restore accounts for the hacked people or what???i dont understand it

Banned

If you can prove you are the original owner via giving K2 customer support your premium or KC purchase history, SQ/SA, ect. they will reset your password for you if you are unable to access your account. They will not give your original items back, see above post.

Got chat. Thanks guy

Back in the day on diez when I got hacked, the restoration package I got was dual shard 7, shell set 7, and a set of 10 dex jewels. Nothing compared to what I lost, but shards and shells were still considered pretty decent back then. I was lvl 75, and the ticket response said they were giving me items comparible to my level. No clue what the new restoration packages will be but I would assume it will be level based and probably include old uniques.

Banned Senior Member

Yeah back in the day they used to give out decent items.... then they slowly started giving out shitty items to hacked accounts because people kept abusing it (ie: having their foreign friend login and pretend to hack the account) basically scamming CS.

Still goes on but for mere shells+5.

...not that i would know.

F-ck Yeah Senior Member evilstevil's Avatar

there is a topic going on in ko forum
    alot of ppl are hacked by a goldseller
    he steal all the non sealed items
    let this be a warning for all u babashoppers out there

on topic >

i also wonder if u can trace back the items ? take them back and give them back to the owners? or u wanna investigate that hacker first and destroy everything he owns in this game ?

athenrye >
    Right now we have very limited trade logs available to us -- it only goes as far back as the middle of March 2011 for the moment. We're still working on getting the older data restored. It's all still there, but is just inaccessible to the new system at the moment. Unfortunately it's not as simple as moving a file from one folder to another. As such, item tracking is a bit limited at the moment. However, I've been able to perform proper investigations on all but a few of the cases picked up so far -- those that I cannot investigate are set aside for when the trade logs are fully functional. Regardless, I've been banning the hacker's accounts and all associated accounts (including those of 'legit' players who receive the stolen noah and items) as I go along.

As for restorations, that's another matter entirely. If I had my way, I'd gladly restore everyone's items. However, that's not my decision to make and it hasn't been made any easier thanks to several users who have been trying to exploit this whole matter. I've been getting several false claims in all this from users who are trying to scam for items or get accounts unblocked despite having nothing to with this incident. It's because of bad apples like these that we had to change our previous policy. We used to perform item restorations, but too many unscrupulous users starting running scams and ramping up abuse to the point that we had to shut it all down. While I am very regretful that innocent and truly legitimate players have to suffer because of other people's selfish actions, I'm afraid the changing policy was the only fair way to deal with it.

Korlash has been working on getting Restoration Packages approved by the developers and so far (especially in light of the recent outbreak of hacked accounts) has been making excellent progress. With any luck we'll see the Packages established as standard use very soon and will be able to at least offer victimized users these in order to help them get back on their feet in-game. There are also a few different methods of handling customer service and item restoration currently being discussed. Despite what many jaded players seem to think, we are not lazy nor are we complacently sitting on the side lines while our players suffer. The satisfaction of our customers is extremely important to us and we're doing all we can to work within our currently limited range of options.

what can we expect from a Restoration Package ?
    old item uniques ?
    knightcash ?

athenrye>
    I haven't seen the revised version of the Item Restoration Packages yet, so I cannot say for certain. At the very least, they are supposed to include a full set of Armor, at least one Weapon, and a set of Accessories suited for the victimized character's level and class. Beyond that, I'm in the dark. There will no doubt be an announcement detailing the package's contents if and when the whole matter is made official.

Banned

Hahahahahaha "we have the trade logs" "I can't restore items"

These people actually have the PROOF of people's items being stolen, and they still won't do a fucking thing about it. What a HORRIBLE company. "I know some lowlife just stole all your gear, and I have the proof right here, but I'm still not giving you anything. Happy hunting!" What a sinister joke this company has become. And yet they are still coming on forums and advertising their side games.

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    Hahahahahaha "we have the trade logs" "I can't restore items"

These people actually have the PROOF of people's items being stolen, and they still won't do a fucking thing about it. What a HORRIBLE company. "I know some lowlife just stole all your gear, and I have the proof right here, but I'm still not giving you anything. Happy hunting!" What a sinister joke this company has become. And yet they are still coming on forums and advertising their side games.
    If they start the item restoration again they are just gonna repeat history... yes they do have item logs, just like they had it last time. And what happened last time? ...

P.S. nice ýron set ýn ýnventorý bro.

it`s rather funny noone seems to give a shit about ppl abusing that kind of service. That`s low already. At the same time you are pretty much interested in what those packages will be? I mean.. errr... kids, back to school pls. that`s like "is it worth abusing it to myself?"?

You might want to consider it`s not logs actually what they get, it`s "reports" pulling info out of a database. You might as well want to blame Microsoft for developing new versions of MS SQL Server because I bet that`s what happens.

We`re merchanting our own maps at work, which is not profitable at all, but we do it. So, a single map has its descriptive data put in like 10 tables which are edited and mirrowed to 10 different tables. And it`s only a fragging map. Game data will be a little more complex. So that`s exactly what athenrye is saying there and he`s just not mentioning database server cause he`s not allowed to. Actually I think, right now k2 is actually the best you could get for that shitty amount of payment.. but everything they force those little lazy koreans to do is shitty already before you`ve even seen it. Pretty lame actually.

As for those four unrelated cases, one of those is an entirely unrelated random hacker and the other three are cases of the users' friends and/or clan mates and/or account sharers stealing their stuff. There's also one case, a particular user from Cypher, who was initially hacked by the guy hacking everyone else right now, but only had Noah taken -- this particular user then decided to try and run a scam by trading off all his valuable items to a clan mate, then lying to the forum Mods and Customer Support claiming that all of those items were stolen or destroyed by the hacker. While I will not give a name on this matter (unless the user tries to feign innocence in public, at which point I will nail him to the proverbial wall), I must firmly reinforce that users should not try these sort of stunts. You are taking advantage of other people's misfortune, you're wasting my time, and you're delaying me from helping people who actually need help. Have a little human decency and quit being so selfish.

And thats pretty much why they dont restore items... Any1 whos old enought in ko already knew that please dont complaint.

k2 and notice that half our players are gae. the other half also paid ^^ unfair but wl.e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast