Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What if...

This is a discussion on What if... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Let me start this post off by saying I don't play KO any more - some of my terminolgy might ...
Page: 1

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Let me start this post off by saying I don't play KO any more - some of my terminolgy might be dated, so if I mis-speak - forgive me.

I'm playing another game and an interesting pvp strategy has developed and I wanted to discuss it and see if it could apply to KO, ever.

The pvp system in this game is similar to KO: two races pvp against each other in pvp zones and compete for bosses and special drops in those zones.

However, an interesting social strategy has developed: the #1 clan on each side has an agreement that they do not attack members of the #1 clan on the opposite side in pvp zones.

They do attack members of lesser clans on sight and vice versa; however this gives each #1 clan on the server better chances of getting the best uniques and boss drops and safer grinding opportunities - because they are effectively safe from their strongest pvp enemies due to this agreement.

One imporant point is that the number of members of a clan in KO is limited, while the number of clan members in this game is not; however alliances could exist in multiple clans in KO, effectively creating the same environment.

Also, I know there are a lot of bosses in KO that don't spawn in pvp zones, but couldn't the two most powerful clans in effect control boss drops in CZ/DCZ?

Do you all think this could happen in KO? If so, what would be the ramifications/consequences?

/discuss

I dont think it would work, nor should it ever work. The #1 clan is usually the biggest babashopping clan, therefore they dont really need "immunity" while grinding/hunting. Just they way I see it.

When our clan, RsM, was nation transferring we had a similar experience.

Half our clan was human, while half was orc. We literally dominated the bowl for that one week before everyone nted over. If you came to bowl you would see the orc clan lRsMl and the human clan IRsMI running around in circles lol.

lol during that on week, we seriously contemplated keeping half the clan in the opposite nation. Good times.

Banned Senior Member

well at first just imo, the #1 ranked clan isnt the clan that needs the items, the lower ranked need them more and is there for priority 1
    i think this cause it would make it more even, now ranked #1 clans is just runing around with +9's (not in every server ofc)
    and the lower ranked clans have no chance (ofc they can babashop but nah lol)

and to the alliance:
    maybe it could happen, i heard AFK and Error did it? correct me if im wrong
    and maybe it will happen on other server, but i know from contacts from turkey that there is a very high competition for being the best and there for there is no alliance orc and human

maybe im completely retarded or im correct, just what i think and heard

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

In ares we have always done this in ardream. We usually get the best opposing players in our vent. Much more nps flow this way. Its absolutely perfect for weeding out the noobs that follow around your party and try to ks. They think they are protected by standing with you until we all sit down and they get smoked (and visa versa). Works beautifully.

Banned

It will just make the game even more boring, the reason you want items and grinding to lvl up is to kill the players on the other side.

Ignore Me Senior Member

These non raiding agreements come anyway with CSW alliances.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

for me this means even less people to kill on cz

This is what we have in Beramus.

Both clans (human and orc) are not top of the server however this is THE BEST WAY to fight koxp. Both work together to kill Felankor & isiloon then share the drop; we rather share it with people who works for it than those koxpers. If you just ally with clans of your race and koxp is same as your race, you are screwed, can't kill them but with the help of the opposing race, they can help you to eliminate koxp.

Agreement can be arranged but if it's all agreed to not kill each other in PKing then what the point of pvp. We both agreed that we don't raid each other if the other side is xping; otherwise, it's free to kill in pvp zone.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

what's the game called ?

eternal_knights immortalsouls and fire used to be allied on ares. it was fun standing back watching the humans kill the orcs.

asenptot

it doesn t effect anything. there are always winners and loosers..

Banned

what game are you playing if i might ask ?

no

hmm. it could work, but eventually someone would mess up and attack wrong person and it would start a giant fight and it would be over. also how would CSW work? do they alternate weeks?

in some servers it could work but in older servers it prob wouldnt cause even though the top 2 clans from each side are very strong, the clans under them are also very strong on each side so it wouldnt help that much. and on a newer server like c-west were the top 2 clans are like the entire PK system, it would end up getting a bit boring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast