What is Knight Online anymore ??

This is a discussion on What is Knight Online anymore ?? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, just made this account to write this thread and to seek english speaking players as well.. I used to ...
Page: 1

Default What is Knight Online anymore ??

Hello, just made this account to write this thread and to seek english speaking players as well..

I used to play KO around 2009-2013 heavily and I remember logging in one day and everything was gone, a lot of people lost everything, it was like a major hack or something, I played ares at the time... Fast forward 2018 I see Steam now has KO available to play so I said why not and redownloaded the game... First things I noticed: Where are all the servers?? I only see like 3-4 servers, I needed new account as well, not like I remembered the info to my first one anyways. I ended up making a rogue on Pathos only to be reminded again why this game sucks and you can't get anywhere in it. LOADED with bugs, quests make no sense along with their reward system, apples = shitloads of exp now i guess.

Seems like it's STILL a heavily P2P game where if you don't have those 2 amazing daggers prepare to get one shotted everywhere you go. OKAY, now can someone explain the difference between Steam KO and the official client KO?? I see this game is still infested with hordes of turks as usual and they are still the most toxic playerbase known to mankind, koreans being next up. ANYWAYS, I see there is an EN/ESP server now its like h-1 when you click it or whatever, so I'm on there, I don't want to spend any real money on this shit tier game, at the same time I can level 1-50 questing in roughly 5-6 hours, but, my 47 rogue on pathos is alone and the quests im getting like killing kongas and what not 3 shot me and shit is impossible with the shit tier royal green gear I have... No one communicates on there hence why I JUST moved to the EN server, only to still not find any english speaking players...

Basically pathos is shit and quests at higher levels are impossible unless I'm in a clan where we all work together, kill shit, etc. I NEVER got far enough in KO to the point where I had a clan and we would kill super hard shit for uniques/rares. I think my highest level was like 74/75 sin and i was dead broke, like 20m noah to my name, of which buys nothing in this game.... So who's playing what and what's going on, I'm a dedicated player and I'm ready to level like crazy if needed to with people who are dedicated as well.. I used to play the sin like a pro as well, at the time i had a perfect rr rt combo mini heal backpedal attack etc whatever u guys call t nowadays, just never had the gear or money to advance with my skills.

steam ko is not usko is all new server go on cypher on steam server not old server and big population

I’m pretty sure I messaged you earlier ingame on a character named “Englishonlypls”, also what are you saying exactly? - is steam KO worse or better than the other one? Please explain ...
    @homermachine

Little archer Senior Member

Both versions are from the same company. Outside a few minor differences, they run the same content.

H-1 in steamKO was hellsgarem. A failed project where they tried to make an english only server, or spanish too. Anything but without turks. It died rather quickly.

I would not recommend playing KO atm. Starting from scratch is suicide, and the activity, despite the packed moradon, leaves a lot to be desired in general. Back then, devs used to release 'new servers' every 3 or 4 months, but that has changed now for some reason. Despite new servers being a massive source of income for mgame, they have slowed down a lot, with their latest server being Manes in USKO (january 2017) and Hellsgarem in steamko (Q1 or Q2 2017 idk).

Lots of people are waiting for a new server, to cash out like they always do and have a rush playing it the first month or 2, but mgame (dev) won't give in. Weird situation tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Both versions are from the same company. Outside a few minor differences, they run the same content.

H-1 in steamKO was hellsgarem. A failed project where they tried to make an english only server, or spanish too. Anything but without turks. It died rather quickly.

I would not recommend playing KO atm. Starting from scratch is suicide, and the activity, despite the packed moradon, leaves a lot to be desired in general. Back then, devs used to release 'new servers' every 3 or 4 months, but that has changed now for some reason. Despite new servers being a massive source of income for mgame, they have slowed down a lot, with their latest server being Manes in USKO (january 2017) and Hellsgarem in steamko (Q1 or Q2 2017 idk).

Lots of people are waiting for a new server, to cash out like they always do and have a rush playing it the first month or 2, but mgame (dev) won't give in. Weird situation tbh.
    So you wouldn't recommend playing it atm? Honestly it's not that bad, I like the grinding aspect until I was given quests to kill kongas that 3 shot me and that's where I'm stuck now... No one to party with or help me out, what server are you playing on atm? I'm down to join your server and play with you. Literally no communication from other players cause they're all turks, but I really wanna get into the game and discover the higher end items and monsters which I never got to...

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

It's really not as bad as people are making it out to be. Unfortunately it is a pay to win game, that much is known. If you can get very lucky on the anvil or get into UTC every Saturday evening than you can do very well without spending real $. Steam ko has been pretty good so far, quests all seem to work fine, English community is there you just have to look around a bit. In my few months of playing I haven't come across any hacking or cheating of any kind. The biggest gripe is the lack of pk during the hours I play, as said before, Moradon will be a packed house but there will only be a few people in cz pking.

Quote Originally Posted by Avariofvalequenta View Post
    It's really not as bad as people are making it out to be. Unfortunately it is a pay to win game, that much is known.
    I remember when people used to pay GMs for +8 shells. Good times.

KO is an addiction.

i can play the best games out there but every time i try one of them i get bored in less then one week.

Addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimulation despite adverse consequences

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    So you wouldn't recommend playing it atm? Honestly it's not that bad, I like the grinding aspect until I was given quests to kill kongas that 3 shot me and that's where I'm stuck now... No one to party with or help me out, what server are you playing on atm? I'm down to join your server and play with you. Literally no communication from other players cause they're all turks, but I really wanna get into the game and discover the higher end items and monsters which I never got to...
    I'm not playing atm.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

SteamKO's Cypher is your best bet. Most active steam server, and all English players are there. True is that most turks can now speak decent English, so its not as in the old times, but you would probably still prefer to play with English ppls.

word guys thanks for the responses, seems like steam KO is the best way to go... any KO veterans willing to start up with me let me know, karus or human i'll restart a char to play with you and go all the way, thanks again, I have discord as well