Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

What makes KO fun for you?

This is a discussion on What makes KO fun for you? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What do you love most about the game?...
Page: 1

Default What makes KO fun for you?

What do you love most about the game?

i dont know...i play ko since 2005... and i dont know why i cant just stop play

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Firstly, Nostalgia

Secondly, The way the clan/ alliance / national point/ leader point system is set up.
    For example, I also play guild wars 2, lov eit, have a lot of fun on it. But int hat game WvW of PvP does absolutely nothing for your guild, nothing at all. sure you can make money then donate that to your guild or something, but it doesnt rack up like national points do. On top of that I love the fact that once you hti accredited in knight, its up to your clan members to like your clan enough to give up their points for it. I could probably talk about it over and over. If guild wars 2 wouldn't have gotten rid of the influence system, I probably wouldnt have came back for steam ko. But they removed it because they had an npc where you could spends gold, to basically buy " influence" which is pretty much national points ( i know it snot, but just for sake of what im trying to say) since they removed that i pretyt much dont feel like theres any point to doing WvW or PvP now besides getting new skins :/

So theres my reasons.

the fact people still call it bug free game

@nuclear, there is alot negative things about the way clan system is set up for example you can't change assistant without removing the user first. You can't delete member without him being logged in. About NP system it would be fine if they actually would stop NPT which allowed people make grade 3 in day #1.

Wasting money and pk!

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post

@nuclear, there is alot negative things about the way clan system is set up for example you can't change assistant without removing the user first. You can't delete member without him being logged in. About NP system it would be fine if they actually would stop NPT which allowed people make grade 3 in day #1.
    You can kick members without him being logged in? how long has it been since you played ko? xD

I don't think you understand my post. My point is, in KO playing PvP which i enjoy in almost every game, actually helps your clan/guild, where as in other games ( guild wars 2 is my example) i love the game, but theres 0 point to pk, you get nothing for it besides gold or skins and it doesn't help your guild at all ( besides guild missions once a week).

As far as kicking an assist goes, sure, it's something that should be in the game, but it literally takes a few seconds to kick someone and add them back. and if you need to do it and theyr enot online send them a message on steam when you do it so they know what happened? it's not game breaking.

Thanks for your input on why I like this game, your opinion on MY reasons really don't matter to me, because this is why I like it, not why anyone else should.

Furthermore NPT doesn't affect what I said whatsoever. Should it stop, yes, does it affect me or my clan whatsoever? no, not unless we're trying to get Permanent symbols, and even then its like, i play this game for fun, not as a job, so i don't really care about a perm symbol. xD

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    You can kick members without him being logged in? how long has it been since you played ko? xD
    When I tried to kick a user from my clan while he wasn't online there was a error " the user is not logged in.". Maybe the error just shows then, but it kicks the user out idk... ?

When I tried to kick a user from my clan while he wasn't online there was a error " the user is not logged in.". Maybe the error just shows then, but it kicks the user out idk... ?

I literally just kicked about 7 guys from teamspanks sub-clan legacy 2 days ago, people who hadnt logged in the game in a long time and were just taking up space.

Why are you still playing?

Little archer Senior Member

1. Gearing up / working towards X goal
    2. Pking with friends
    3. Feeding my ego / drama
    4. Killing / pissing off turks
    Axiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    Why are you still playing?
    I play 1-2 hours a week if even that, so if that count as playing like you nerd it as it's your religion then mmkay. The nostalogy feeling dissapeared at day #1 when there was PUS despite it was supposed to be down for first days.

There's pretty much 2 reasons only right now.

1. Trolling noobs in a low skillcap server.
    2. Actually playing against the best players and tryharding.

Usually it's the reason #1. I can't recall when was the last time I actually tried taking this game seriously.

Decent PK, drama and ofc NP's!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    There's pretty much 2 reasons only right now.

1. Trolling noobs in a low skillcap server.
    2. Actually playing against the best players and tryharding.

Usually it's the reason #1. I can't recall when was the last time I actually tried taking this game seriously.
    Thats what u get for playing in shit private servers full of braindead turks

Wrong zone or if you have swapped CL's around, you need to re-log to update the "group-policies".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast