Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what r the odds ?

This is a discussion on what r the odds ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; if a boss spawns every 2-4 hours and there r 5 spots it can spawn and a person is playing ...
Page: 1

1bayarea1

if a boss spawns every 2-4 hours and there r 5 spots it can spawn and a person is playing lets say 10 hours a day..
    what r the odds that person loggs in at exactly the spot and time the boss spawns ?

if any mathematicians can figure this out for me.. i bet its a million to 1 or some shit and either these fags r the luckiest motherfuckers i ever seen or..

kpuano

Afaik the boss spawns exactly 6 or 8 hours after it died.
    My friend used to kill a boss, and 6-8 hours later (idk the exact time) he goes to the spawns and kill it again.

So lets say the boss can spawn in 5 different places, its 20% chance if he counted the time he killed it before xD
    i hope u understood what i meant.. bad english =S

1bayarea1

Afaik the boss spawns exactly 6 or 8 hours after it died.
    My friend used to kill a boss, and 6-8 hours later (idk the exact time) he goes to the spawns and kill it again.

So lets say the boss can spawn in 5 different places, its 20% chance if he counted the time he killed it before xD
    i hope u understood what i meant.. bad english =S[/b]
    its not 1 time or the other.. its randomly anytime within the respawn time.. so he has 1in 5 odds picking spot to relog but that doesnt explain why at exact time even if he killed last 1

im just saying.. if i was some random turk with that good of luck to consistantly relog exactly time and place boss spawns i would move to Las Vegas <_<

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. If the boss spawns every 2 hours, then that makes 12 spawns a day.. thus 12 different seconds that it can spawn. The odds, therefore, would be 1/7200.. but seeing as how there are 5 diff spawns, it should be 5x less likely.. thus making it 1/36,000. If it&#39;s 4 hrs each spawn, then it&#39;d be 1/72,000. So, it&#39;s 1/36,000 - 1/72,000 odds of getting it right as you log in. GL Logging in at that time =o

p.s. my math could be completely wrong, but i think that&#39;s about right. I don&#39;t have time to average the spawn times, but that&#39;ll give u your range.

The king. Senior Member

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. If the boss spawns every 2 hours, then that makes 12 spawns a day.. thus 12 different seconds that it can spawn. The odds, therefore, would be 1/7200.. but seeing as how there are 5 diff spawns, it should be 5x less likely.. thus making it 1/36,000. If it&#39;s 4 hrs each spawn, then it&#39;d be 1/72,000. So, it&#39;s 1/36,000 - 1/72,000 odds of getting it right as you log in. GL Logging in at that time =o
    p.s. my math could be completely wrong, but i think that&#39;s about right. I don&#39;t have time to average the spawn times, but that&#39;ll give u your range.[/b]
    omg xD hahaha nice job

ph3var2

but there are X number of co-ordinates in say eslant and logging in at that exact co-ord would be X x 72000

Let&#39;s say that one second corresponds to an odd. If you played for 10 hours a day and the boss spawned every 2 hours then the chances of logging in to a boss spawn is 1/7200. This is if you know where it&#39;s going to spawn. If you were just guessing where it would spawn then multiply it by five, 1/36000.

The way to find this is 60 x 60 x 10 which represents the seconds in ten hours, 36000, x .20 which represents the 5 boss spawns. Edit the .20 to however many times it would spawn in ten hours if you choose to change the spawn time.

So Majix&#39;s math is perfect :P

deller8

if you log in right where the boss is and right when it spawns, after you are done killing it, go and play the lottery.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. If the boss spawns every 2 hours, then that makes 12 spawns a day.. thus 12 different seconds that it can spawn. The odds, therefore, would be 1/7200.. but seeing as how there are 5 diff spawns, it should be 5x less likely.. thus making it 1/36,000. If it&#39;s 4 hrs each spawn, then it&#39;d be 1/72,000. So, it&#39;s 1/36,000 - 1/72,000 odds of getting it right as you log in. GL Logging in at that time =o[/b]
    I dont see a K2 or babashopGMsuckysucky modifier

I dont see a K2 or babashopGMsuckysucky modifier [/b]
    That only works if the guy is actually logged in :P

puplesk8er

to low chances

Kreeden

fukk math, the odds suck. Can you handle that?

Man, my head hurts..

i think there some missing variables in your question...as in only a 1 particular boss or any boss at the spot ? then you would need to figure how many bosses is possible to spawn in this spot, and also the person could asssume(eslant) the boss will be 6-8 hours so in that case theres a 2 hour window frame to login..but yea need more answers

infinityg35

i just gave up on looking

deller8

why are you wondering this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast