Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden"

This is a discussion on What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; vs = combo. party pk = messy spam duff/illusion/ trade spam...and whatever else people do for kills nowadays. thats how ...
Page: 6

vs = combo.

party pk = messy spam duff/illusion/ trade spam...and whatever else people do for kills nowadays.

thats how i see it.

DeathInTheNight

Everything should be allowed in a 1v1, with the xception of weop def stuff (unless both partys agree).
    no blind, stun, duff, etc. This is all just bs. In a 1v1 if someone uses a skill you dont like then tough shit. If any thing it should better prepare you for when it happens the next time. If certain skills weren't allowed in 1v1's, then when you go to cz/adream and someone uses them skills against you, your fuked coz you dont know how to defend against em.
    All skills should be allowed, yes all, and if you don't like it, then maybe ur just not as good as you thought

Zxenke

When you start removing specific class abilities, you lose that aspect of the game, and then there is no different between classes. Classes are different for a reason, and are played differently. A 1v1 is just that, one person versus another person. The only disallowed things should be those from other players (heals, etc). You fight to win. Use whatever you have to. A 1v1 is dependent on your level, your gear, etc. Why should a lvl 80 warrior not use the best skills? Why if you have bought weapon defense not use it? That is what you bought it for. The only people whining about thee "rules" are those who don't know how to play your class correctly. If you are so unhappy with getting pwned every 1v1, go choose another class. There are people who could own as any class. It isn't the class the determines the winner, it is the player and the gear.

kibal

Anyone who crys about skills in a 1v1 should quit KO.[/b]
    amen, too many lvl 80 wars should quit ko after get massive.

VerHom

a warrior can use hell blade but i cant use beast hiding or bliding

EEthan

YOU can use any skill in a vs, meaning if you are a priest go ahead and give yourself undy, etc. Debuffs are normally frowned upon though if you are vsing both unbuffed

unless you both agree otherwise than you can use any skill you want really

TouchMyBlade

YOU can use any skill in a vs, meaning if you are a priest go ahead and give yourself undy, etc. Debuffs are normally frowned upon though if you are vsing both unbuffed
    unless you both agree otherwise than you can use any skill you want really[/b]
    THis is my point all cry about duffs and heals so you allwant to have ALL skills but not duffs and heals so its like ok preost just tank use one skill and all other classess use all skills

Clearly you ppl dont understand. NO point me malice paraste massive 10K in vs no one gunna beat me.

So then thats why other classes should even it out. Otherwise you blind me ? I just 10kheal wow zero point in the blind in fact now i have more hp than before u blinded me gg noob

Banned

Everything is allowed. You can wear armour defense, you can wear talia, you can wear scrolls, you can use abyss blessing. Everything is part of the game. You can use it too. The main purpose of 1v1 is to win. If a person has higher level skills than you, then you make adjustments to make sure you keep up with him. Otherwise, it would be like going into a battlefield against machine guns and tanks with a rusty pistol wearing nothing but a thong.

People need to realize not everyone's characters are the same. Some people have higher levels. Some people have higher level items. Some people can control their skills in a more efficient way than others. For example, in Xigenon, there is BOOOOO. Personality aside, he is a decent player; he has good skills; and he has spent literally $45, 000 in this game, so we know he has good items. How are you to compete with this person without breaking the "unwritten rules". You can't. His ap is 3600, while yours is 1800. You would die in 2 hits.

Now, if we were living in an utopia, where everyone had same gear, same levels, same everything, then "unwritten rules" would make sense. Knight Online is far from a utopia. You gotta do what you gotta do to win.

I see stupid posts about illusion. Illusion is not "noob", it is actually very helpful if you utilize it correctly.

If you are a lvl 65 rogue vsing a lvl 80 rogue, you have to keep the lvl 80 rogue illusioned. Otherwise there is no 1v1. As I said, the gap in ap difference, skills, and master skills would make you lose in 2 hits. You have to keep the other rogue using up cure pots, while you make up for the above mentioned differences by getting his hp down. Most of the times, you won't win, but atleast you won't die in 2 hits.

Oh this was one was funny, "since you have shards +9, please remove one of your shards and use a lower level dagger" Why the fucking hell would I do that? I worked hard to get my shard +9. I can use it if I want. You are 10 levels ahead of me, I am not asking you to delevel your character for me.

smknguns

I'd say why not? Those skills are in KO so u should use them :P[/b]
    +1 if its a skill. use it

ArminVanBuuren

If you are a lvl 65 rogue vsing a lvl 80 rogue, you have to keep the lvl 80 rogue illusioned. Otherwise there is no 1v1. As I said, the gap in ap difference, skills, and master skills would make you lose in 2 hits. You have to keep the other rogue using up cure pots, while you make up for the above mentioned differences by getting his hp down. Most of the times, you won't win, but atleast you won't die in 2 hits.

Oh this was one was funny, "since you have shards +9, please remove one of your shards and use a lower level dagger" Why the fucking hell would I do that? I worked hard to get my shard +9. I can use it if I want. You are 10 levels ahead of me, I am not asking you to delevel your character for me.[/b]
    hahaha the lvl 65 rogue against the lvl 80 makes me remember the day I found out 0000000 had gone karus and had gotten full shells...I found him at CZ and crashed against him (I was lvl 65 atm)...was like 2-4 seconds fight in which I got hit like 8 times while I hit 6...and then I died xD but was my fault because I'm the one that ran against him...same case, if the lvl 65 wanted to VS then is his own fault...

About the removing shards+9 to make fair the VS, same thing...if someone wants to VS you it is because he wants to test himself with a challenge...if he asks you to VS then he knows what he's going against to, so he has no right at all to ask you to remove ANY of your equipment in order to "make it fair" for himself.

I do agree with something Captain said: it is not gonna be fair unless both players are the same class (thus, same skill range), but if someone pms me at CZ I only read $%&#! at the pm screen, so how the fuck should I do to read his mind and know what are the rules for his VS? I don't even care about letters at that moment, if you lured me away to VS then you are gonna deal with what you want...CZ is a war zone, and if you want a "fair" VS, then go to the arena and set it up, in CZ/Ardream everything is allowed.

Duro

All skills are allowed, the person worked for it so why can't he use em?

ur fuckin insane. an equally equipped/lvl bp and warrior vsing, with malice it basicaly makes the battle EQUAL, or sometimes with the bp losing out a little, so torment in that case. the only unfair thing might be parasite, but when warriors have like 10k hp at lvl 80 and bps with 6k hp,you can keep telling me thats super unfair -.- looks like ur the noob here -.-
    u say as if cancelling heals is SO easy.. but in actual fact a good healer vs a person who can cancel well, the good healer will obviously win.[/b]
    +1.

A normal bp doesnt have more than 7k scrolled, with low def. What about a warrior? 9k hp or maybe more, with monster AC.. come on.

For me all its allowed, except talias and hacks.

oO Jc Oo

Better stats, use skill in pk not in a player vs player situation.[/b]
    i dont think NO1 is working hard for get 80 just for get better stats, earned skills its for use in any fight, no matter what

IMHO

Banned

hahaha the lvl 65 rogue against the lvl 80 makes me remember the day I found out 0000000 had gone karus and had gotten full shells...I found him at CZ and crashed against him (I was lvl 65 atm)...was like 2-4 seconds fight in which I got hit like 8 times while I hit 6...and then I died xD but was my fault because I'm the one that ran against him...same case, if the lvl 65 wanted to VS then is his own fault...

About the removing shards+9 to make fair the VS, same thing...if someone wants to VS you it is because he wants to test himself with a challenge...if he asks you to VS then he knows what he's going against to, so he has no right at all to ask you to remove ANY of your equipment in order to "make it fair" for himself.

I do agree with something Captain said: it is not gonna be fair unless both players are the same class (thus, same skill range), but if someone pms me at CZ I only read $%&#! at the pm screen, so how the fuck should I do to read his mind and know what are the rules for his VS? I don't even care about letters at that moment, if you lured me away to VS then you are gonna deal with what you want...CZ is a war zone, and if you want a "fair" VS, then go to the arena and set it up, in CZ/Ardream everything is allowed.[/b]
    You are forgetting that to be the best, it is not just skills. You need better equipment, better level, and the skill just plays its part. Therefore, to test yourself against a player means really testing yourself against the player - skills, items, levels, included. Who is stopping you from gaining levels? Who is stopping you from gaining items? Therefore, it doesn't really make sense for me to remove my shards which I have worked hard to obtain in order to make my character stronger. It is really not "fair" to me.

This is a game. It's not anyone's fault that low level want to pk against high level players. It is about having fun. By creating these "unwritten" rules, people begin to develop egos and begin to flame each other by calling each other noobs over something so trivial. Example of this is seen on this very thread.

Have fun. Play according to your standards. Don't play according to "unwritten rules". As long as you don't cheat, you can play however you want.

oO Jc Oo

You are forgetting that to be the best, it is not just skills. You need better equipment, better level, and the skill just plays its part. Therefore, to test yourself against a player means really testing yourself against the player - skills, items, levels, included. Who is stopping you from gaining levels? Who is stopping you from gaining items? Therefore, it doesn't really make sense for me to remove my shards when I have worked hard to obtain them in order to make my character stronger. It is really not "fair" to me.

This is a game. It's not anyone's fault that low level want to pk against high level players. It is about having fun. By creating these "unwritten" rules, people begin to develop egos and begin to flame each other by calling each other noobs over something so trivial. Example of this is seen on this very thread.

Have fun. Play according to your standards. Don't play according to "unwritten rules". As long as you don't cheat, you can play however you want.[/b]
    agree on this speech.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast