Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden"

This is a discussion on What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Everything is allowed. You can wear armour defense, you can wear talia, you can wear I see stupid posts about ...
Page: 7

Banned

Everything is allowed. You can wear armour defense, you can wear talia, you can wear
    I see stupid posts about illusion. Illusion is not "noob", it is actually very helpful if you utilize it correctly.

If you are a lvl 65 rogue vsing a lvl 80 rogue, you have to keep the lvl 80 rogue illusioned. Otherwise there is no 1v1.[/b]
    if u use illusion, whats gona stop the lvl 80 rogue from using illusion too and just make it a "whoever runs out of pots first looses" match?

i dont know of any "pre established rules" so i just have my own..my way of PK ^^ (although i obviously never told anyone to not use theyr shard9 xD i agree with that point):

Code:
    random 1v1s i put some weap defence on if i know im severely outgeared/lvld and theres no way i have a chance to win no matter how skilled i am.. if my opponent asks me to take it off 9 times out of 10 ill stay there anyway and get my ass handed to me anyway.. i mean.. watever its just 50 np .. i donated ALL my 900k to my clan stoped caring about it long ago <.<

the only times i ever run away are when ppl who already overpower me enough put dagger defence on,.. or..worse.. ppl who put weapon defence on then start sliding and mostly ppl that slide in general.. i mean if you can ice/stun sure its kind of good thinking.. but if your just dancing around like an idiot not doing any dmg just so you dont take any dmg either ... go away <.< ... 

or ... bps that shield up and just keep you duffed till you run out of cures.. in general people who cannot kill you at all but have enough weapon defence to make themselves unkillable stalk you and try to get you to fight them. (like int priests <.< or very good geared support mages)

remember even the l33test of assassins can look like a chicken to any noob with enough dagger defence.. because most of our "armor regardless" skills hit for crap aside from bloody beast.. and we have no "additional" dmg on our skills like bps/warriors and off course because obviously daggers is the only weapon we can use.. so when you shield up for me it just means "i won" i dont care if ur still atacking back ill either ignore u or finish job if i can.

ppl who do this dont want a fight.. they just want np..dont drag me to harpys for this.. waste of my scrolls time <.<

and i never.. ever....EVER town unless for repot/rpr, party regroup or leaving cz.. if situation looks ugly.. thats why we rogues have our "leet" feet**:P if we get iced.. well watever, shout "omfg fuking ice mage" or "fukkkkkkkk i said tpppppppppppppppppp" in vent/ts and press ok**:ph34r:

Banned

if u use illusion, whats gona stop the lvl 80 rogue from using illusion too and just make it a "whoever runs out of pots first looses" match?

i dont know of any "pre established rules" so i just have my own..my way of PK ^^ (although i obviously never told anyone to not use theyr shard9 xD i agree with that point):

Code:
    random 1v1s i put some weap defence on if i know im severely outgeared/lvld and theres no way i have a chance to win no matter how skilled i am.. if my opponent asks me to take it off 9 times out of 10 ill stay there anyway and get my ass handed to me anyway.. i mean.. watever its just 50 np .. i donated ALL my 900k to my clan stoped caring about it long ago <.<

the only times i ever run away are when ppl who already overpower me enough put dagger defence on,.. or..worse.. ppl who put weapon defence on then start sliding and mostly ppl that slide in general.. i mean if you can ice/stun sure its kind of good thinking.. but if your just dancing around like an idiot not doing any dmg just so you dont take any dmg either ... go away <.< ... 

or ... bps that shield up and just keep you duffed till you run out of cures.. in general people who cannot kill you at all but have enough weapon defence to make themselves unkillable stalk you and try to get you to fight them. (like int priests <.< or very good geared support mages)

remember even the l33test of assassins can look like a chicken to any noob with enough dagger defence.. because most of our "armor regardless" skills hit for crap aside from bloody beast.. and we have no "additional" dmg on our skills like bps/warriors and off course because obviously daggers is the only weapon we can use.. so when you shield up for me it just means "i won" i dont care if ur still atacking back ill either ignore u or finish job if i can.

ppl who do this dont want a fight.. they just want np..dont drag me to harpys for this.. waste of my scrolls time <.<

and i never.. ever....EVER town unless for repot/rpr, party regroup or leaving cz.. if situation looks ugly.. thats why we rogues have our "leet" feet**:P if we get iced.. well watever, shout "omfg fuking ice mage" or "fukkkkkkkk i said tpppppppppppppppppp" in vent/ts and press ok**:ph34r:
    [/b]
    It is not and that is the point. If they want to use it, they can. Some people however cannot keep up with the cures, the minor heal, and the combo, in this case whoever has the best skill will advance. Most likely, the level 80 will win because of the master difference. However, the level 65 was able to keep up with a level 80 for as long as he did and isn&#39;t that more fun than dying in 2 hits by following the "unwritten rules"?

Also, you are forgetting that this game was not meant for 1v1 pk contrary to the title of this topic (You can&#39;t have rules for something which was never meant to be). It is a team based pk game. Therefore, in a real CZ pk session, where hundreds of people play at the same time, one of you will get attacked by a random player. Therefore, one of you will usually die before pots run out. If pots do run out, that means you did not have enough strength to carry additional pots. This is an indication that you need to level up more in order to carry more pots. If you are both the highest level, consider that as a draw. You both utilized your skills efficiently and kept up with each other&#39;s attacks/skills.

Banned

It is not and that is the point. If they want to use it, they can. Some people however cannot keep up with the cures, the minor heal, and the combo, in this case whoever has the best skill will advance. Most likely, the level 80 will win because of the master difference. However, the level 65 was able to keep up with a level 80 for as long as he did and isn&#39;t that more fun than dying in 2 hits by following the "unwritten rules"?[/b]
    i dont die in 2 hits unless im fully duffed or the rogue is on a lucky day with critical point. and if u notice my unwritten rules.. they all apply to my gameplay.. not the ppl fighting me.. i dont expect them to do stuff my way.

Also, you are forgetting that this game was not meant for 1v1 pk contrary to the title of this topic (You can&#39;t have rules for something which was never meant to be). It is a team based pk game. Therefore, in a real CZ pk session, where hundreds of people play at the same time, one of you will get attacked by a random player.[/b]
    on the contrary.. i agree with everything u say in this quote, and i know fully well this game wasnt meant for 1v1.. when i scroll up and leave cz town i expect good party pk.. i dont go around for 30min trying to lure ppl out to a uncrowded area and 1v1 them h34r:

but its always fun to break the habbit of party pk and try match ur character against others..

Therefore, one of you will usually die before pots run out. If pots do run out, that means you did not have enough strength to carry additional pots. This is an indication that you need to level up more in order to carry more pots. If you are both the highest level, consider that as a draw. You both utilized your skills efficiently and kept up with each other&#39;s attacks/skills.[/b]
    or you can just /town and repot <.< ..

ArminVanBuuren

It is not and that is the point. If they want to use it, they can. Some people however cannot keep up with the cures, the minor heal, and the combo, in this case whoever has the best skill will advance. Most likely, the level 80 will win because of the master difference. However, the level 65 was able to keep up with a level 80 for as long as he did and isn&#39;t that more fun than dying in 2 hits by following the "unwritten rules"?

Also, you are forgetting that this game was not meant for 1v1 pk contrary to the title of this topic (You can&#39;t have rules for something which was never meant to be). It is a team based pk game. Therefore, in a real CZ pk session, where hundreds of people play at the same time, one of you will get attacked by a random player. Therefore, one of you will usually die before pots run out. If pots do run out, that means you did not have enough strength to carry additional pots. This is an indication that you need to level up more in order to carry more pots. If you are both the highest level, consider that as a draw. You both utilized your skills efficiently and kept up with each other&#39;s attacks/skills.[/b]
    Actually, if you are both at the highest lvl, and both same class, then if he runs out of pots it would mean you had a better control of your skills, minoring, potting and fighting in general...that&#39;s not a draw, that&#39;s mercy, because what I see is that the one with pots left won, no matter if the other guy has no more pots...he couldn&#39;t make it to the end of the VS, even if you didn&#39;t kill him because of respect to a good fight (which would happen in 99% cases unless you fight a 10-year old boy)...still think rules are not written by the game developers...so they don&#39;t even exist...arranged VS are for the clan arena, at CZ, there are no rules.

No combo plýs

Banned

i dont die in 2 hits unless im fully duffed or the rogue is on a lucky day with critical point. and if u notice my unwritten rules.. they all apply to my gameplay.. not the ppl fighting me.. i dont expect them to do stuff my way.

on the contrary.. i agree with everything u say in this quote, and i know fully well this game wasnt meant for 1v1.. when i scroll up and leave cz town i expect good party pk.. i dont go around for 30min trying to lure ppl out to a uncrowded area and 1v1 them h34r:

but its always fun to break the habbit of party pk and try match ur character against others..
    or you can just /town and repot <.< ..[/b]
    If your unwritten rules apply to your own gameplay, then those aren&#39;t considered "unwritten rules". You are the only one who is following those rules, and as you said you don&#39;t expect other people to follow them. You are playing by your own standards - your own rules.

If you /town and repot, it means you lost. You ran away. The other guy had more pots because he used less pots in the versus or he had a higher weight limit than you. However, running is part of the game. In real world combat, if the enemy is stronger than you, you don&#39;t expect to stay there and finish the fight. You would retreat. You also can&#39;t claim that "you guys only won, because we ran out of ammuniton". Similarly, you have to estimate your retreat. As you said, you would town if you ran out of pots, and so would I. If I ran out of pots, I would town also and save 50 nps. That doesn&#39;t change the fact that I lost the versus. Some people on this thread view "towning" as noob. I view it as a calculated retreat.

Actually, if you are both at the highest lvl, and both same class, then if he runs out of pots it would mean you had a better control of your skills, minoring, potting and fighting in general...that&#39;s not a draw, that&#39;s mercy, because what I see is that the one with pots left won, no matter if the other guy has no more pots...he couldn&#39;t make it to the end of the VS, even if you didn&#39;t kill him because of respect to a good fight (which would happen in 99% cases unless you fight a 10-year old boy)...still think rules are not written by the game developers...so they don&#39;t even exist...arranged VS are for the clan arena, at CZ, there are no rules.[/b]
    I agree with you. My statement was in direct response to a scenario where he said "both of you run out of pots together". If both people run out of pots together, then that is a draw.

I agree game developers don&#39;t write the rules of pk. The players write the rules of pk. Each player has their own rules of pk. Therefore, there is no general consensus on "what is allowed and what isn&#39;t". You make the choice. Everyone makes different choices. The choice is subjective. Hence, there are no unwritten rules. You play by your own standards. Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.

Banned

if its a 1v1 and i town cuz of need to repot i will try vs the guy again

i dont consider it a loss.. but that just my point of view i respect yours.

Banned

if its a 1v1 and i town cuz of need to repot i will try vs the guy again

i dont consider it a loss.. but that just my point of view i respect yours.[/b]
    And that is perfectly alright. If there was an "unwritten rule" which says you lose if you town, then I would argue with you and say "you lost". However, there isn&#39;t, so your view makes perfect sense. I respect your opinion aswell.

everything is allowed, except if ure vsing in arena under rules both sides agreed to

talias, abyss, def armours, heals, duffs (yes even massive/subside on warrior), ricecakes, shields, sliding etc. youre here to get either nps or personal satisfaction or both, it depends what kind of person you are and what will satisfie YOU

while youre vsing your agreeing to those "unwritten" rules only because YOU want a challenge, because YOU want a fight to be interesting. you can not make your oponnent do the same, you can only realize his tactic and adapt. if u die, not your fault, it is how a game is designed.

youre a warrior and youre vsing a BP? if u get malice, and your oponnent is hiting you and not using talia, def armour, heal...then you got lucky. you got something so rare lately in this game...A FAIR VS. fight the dude and enjoy even if u loose...its a game youre here to do it. and respect your enemies skills

but if he massive/para/torment you and he puts talia, shield and smite...youre gonna bitch? no youre gonna put a club talia, shield and tota spear and use abyss blessing. you wont be able to kill each other but you will piss him off. you dont have these items? tough luck its your problem. but if your opponent is fighting you fair and YOU use talia, shield and abyss to run away, then IMO you suck as a gamer. if u can live with it, i hope you at least have fun while you do it cause i cant make you do otherwise, and i personally get a type of run little bitch "grin" on my face when some1 does it to me, cause its also a victory

the only 2 classes in this game that are 1v1-ready are BP (i intentionally say BP and not priest, int priests are support) and assasin. cause they got cure and can heal themselves, so they can counteract skills from other classes, that would otherwise gimp you very hard

other classes (warr, intpriest, mage) are mainly party characters, they dont have skills that can counteract skills from other classes (warrior) and they need other classes to make them "complete" (int priest needs a hammer to get nps) etc.

it is hard to explain these things, cause in a game that is not ment to be a 1v1 game, it gives the most fun to actually do 1v1

Banned

No offense , but

I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can&#39;t win lol.

its plain and simple, before 1v1 discuss what yoiu prefere not to use, then go at it. easy enough?

Banned

No offense , but

I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can&#39;t win lol.[/b]
    It&#39;s the opposite. People who are putting restrictions are the one who are complaining when they can&#39;t win.

TouchMyBlade

No offense , but

I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can&#39;t win lol.[/b]

+1

Im not talking about low lvl vs high lvl or high geared vs low geared.

Im talking about two chars who are very equal.

If they used blind etc then they would have the advantage and win. If I used duffs and heals then id win.

If we both just melee attack etc then its a good close vs.

I dont care about how noob you can be wearing a billion weap defence when you lvl 80 geared and vsing a lvl 75 like somme retarded sins i know.

The reason I go for a vs is to test my combo /potting skill vs someone else. So I do whatever necesary to make the vs as even as possible. Some ppl have low gear and low lvl but great skill i still want to be able to see how my skill is against them. So i need to use smite instead fo HB or take of armour etc to even out the stats.

Im not going to be like OH im 76 so i got these items and these lvls so its still avs when i use them against a lvl 65 yeh i won wow im so pimp. zzz

PLain and simple a vs for me is to have the chars as even as possible. Sometimes ill vs a warrior he has to much hp ac etc we combo perfect but his stats to good so i say ok lets try malice and then its alot closer and more about combo speed /potting ability instead of who can dupe the best.

Its simple if you use tailia and weap defence and all ya skills when the other player does not. It is NOT a vs, simple as that.

If you do your best to make your stats even so that its down to player skills and not characer items or lvl etc then that IS a vs.

It takes no skill to dose out on weap defence and own a lower lvl guy with less gear, thats normal PK, not a vs.

So now you know the ppl who say everything is alloud are not vsing. THey are normal PK mode. The ppl saying do wat ever you can to get NP&#39;s. THey are normal PK mode. The ppl who understand that they are some things you can do to make a vs more even or try to work out that match over a few vs&#39;s so you are measuring player skill and not who can babashp or dupe or spend whole life exping. They are the ones who are actually having a vs.

So plz stop gettin the two confused. Cos by the sounds of it not many ppl here have ever had a real vs.

TouchMyBlade

It&#39;s the opposite. People who are putting restrictions are the one who are complaining when they can&#39;t win.[/b]
    Yeh ok GG bro.

Im a 60 duff 60 heal chitin BP and im puting restrictions to help myself out haha yeh ok.

Your right why woudl i want to malice torment parasite massive and 10K heal? Get a clue

Banned

+1

Im not talking about low lvl vs high lvl or high geared vs low geared.

Im talking about two chars who are very equal.

If they used blind etc then they would have the advantage and win. If I used duffs and heals then id win.

If we both just melee attack etc then its a good close vs.

I dont care about how noob you can be wearing a billion weap defence when you lvl 80 geared and vsing a lvl 75 like somme retarded sins i know.

The reason I go for a vs is to test my combo /potting skill vs someone else. So I do whatever necesary to make the vs as even as possible. Some ppl have low gear and low lvl but great skill i still want to be able to see how my skill is against them. So i need to use smite instead fo HB or take of armour etc to even out the stats.

Im not going to be like OH im 76 so i got these items and these lvls so its still avs when i use them against a lvl 65 yeh i won wow im so pimp. zzz

PLain and simple a vs for me is to have the chars as even as possible. Sometimes ill vs a warrior he has to much hp ac etc we combo perfect but his stats to good so i say ok lets try malice and then its alot closer and more about combo speed /potting ability instead of who can dupe the best.

Its simple if you use tailia and weap defence and all ya skills when the other player does not. It is NOT a vs, simple as that.

If you do your best to make your stats even so that its down to player skills and not characer items or lvl etc then that IS a vs.

It takes no skill to dose out on weap defence and own a lower lvl guy with less gear, thats normal PK, not a vs.

So now you know the ppl who say everything is alloud are not vsing. THey are normal PK mode. The ppl saying do wat ever you can to get NP&#39;s. THey are normal PK mode. The ppl who understand that they are some things you can do to make a vs more even or try to work out that match over a few vs&#39;s so you are measuring player skill and not who can babashp or dupe or spend whole life exping. They are the ones who are actually having a vs.

So plz stop gettin the two confused. Cos by the sounds of it not many ppl here have ever had a real vs.[/b]
    +1 I&#39;m looking to find whos more skilled. I always find people who use cheap skills to win are the ones who simply know they can&#39;t get close to redballing there oppenent without. Its ok though, the more skilled player usually comes out on top. The noob may win a few times with his lil cheap tactics ,but as long as he knows without those tactics he is just donating np.

So funny watching sins run around waiting for there blinding and cp to cooldown before vsing, how useless can you can get?

Normal pking is a whole different story, which is why you shouldn&#39;t mind me normal pking and running when I redball from your cp/blinding/shock stun/ ect ect.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast