Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden"

This is a discussion on What's "allowed" and what's "forbidden" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; No offense , but I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can't ...
Page: 8

No offense , but

I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can't win lol.[/b]
    Then can u tell me whats the point of going beyond lvl 70 to get more skills? Oh.... so we can have good stats to do some low lvl fight longer or as many compensate as possible for the weak person.
    True, if I was allowed to use all my skills, then no one would be able to defeat me, and if theres no possibility to fail, then what is victory. However u cant say we are the one who usually cant win coz we want all skills, how fair is it that priests arent allow to use some certain skills, while lets say warriors can use all of them? No heal I can go with that, but no duffs.. Then I require u use sword aura and no wolf, fair? No, warriors will cry out their asses, but then again whats so unfair about it? Skill(s) for skill(s), Im sure everyone can see its unfair for the BP if no heal or no duffs are allowed, while the warrior will pound the brain out of the priest.
    Dont get me wrong, Im not the type who use heals in a VS, or massive unless the warrior is way too superior to me. But again, like I mentioned in the previous post, BP vs other classes than BP are never fair, especially cry warriors. Unlike the other 3 classes, priest is the very only support class, while rogue/warrior/mage are mainly damage dealers. So therefore, try define whats fair for BP to use will never be possible.

Just play the game as it was designed to played, and we wouldnt even have this kind of discussion in the first place... KO is not made for 1vs1. If u want fair 1vs1, play games like CS.

Banned

Then can u tell me whats the point of going beyond lvl 70 to get more skills? Oh.... so we can have good stats to do some low lvl fight longer or as many compensate as possible for the weak person.
    True, if I was allowed to use all my skills, then no one would be able to defeat me, and if theres no possibility to fail, then what is victory. However u cant say we are the one who usually cant win coz we want all skills, how fair is it that priests arent allow to use some certain skills, while lets say warriors can use all of them? No heal I can go with that, but no duffs.. Then I require u use sword aura and no wolf, fair? No, warriors will cry out their asses, but then again whats so unfair about it? Skill(s) for skill(s), Im sure everyone can see its unfair for the BP if no heal or no duffs are allowed, while the warrior will pound the brain out of the priest.
    Dont get me wrong, Im not the type who use heals in a VS, or massive unless the warrior is way too superior to me. But again, like I mentioned in the previous post, BP vs other classes than BP are never fair, especially cry warriors. Unlike the other 3 classes, priest is the very only support class, while rogue/warrior/mage are mainly damage dealers. So therefore, try define whats fair for BP to use will never be possible.

Just play the game as it was designed to played, and we wouldnt even have this kind of discussion in the first place... KO is not made for 1vs1. If u want fair 1vs1, play games like CS.[/b]
    I don't care about priests, to much controversy. Use malice, if they don't accept it then they must want to pk normal. Which means, do whatever the fuck you want to do.

PS:If your spamming high enough I really don't think malice is needed (cooltang -_-). I played priest for about a week, I would always hit first and check the damage. If to low id go ahead and malice, didn't enjoy priest btw .

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

lIIIIIIIIIl

This has been my experience. Do I care that you dont believe me? No.

Give a BP +9 items and +2 uniques like most of the 80 warriors and they will do just fine.

Its just that not many of the BP's have the same gear as the 80 warriors.

Same gear same lvl warrior and Bp are not far apart specially chitin BP build.

Most warriors have huge i cant loose to anyone egos. So your comments are no surprise to me.[/b]
    lmao except i didn't even start as a warrior, i started as a mage n ended up playing bp for the longest period so... OK i guess you're right.[/sarcasm]

No offense , but

I find the people who say anything is allowed are the people who usually just can't win lol.[/b]
    actually this goes both ways, people who only know how to play dead (stand there n combo like an idiot) are the ones who'll set a lot of stupid limitations, ppl who prefer a challenge of reflexes(for example, 2 bps vsing each other), they would choose the alternative.

TouchMyBlade

lmao except i didn't even start as a warrior, i started as a mage n ended up playing bp for the longest period so... OK i guess you're right.[/sarcasm]
    actually this goes both ways, people who only know how to play dead (stand there n combo like an idiot) are the ones who'll set a lot of stupid limitations, ppl who prefer a challenge of reflexes(for example, 2 bps vsing each other), they would choose the alternative.[/b]

YOu may not have started as a warrior but your true passion obviously prevailed

2 BP's vs each is like tryign to make my argusment for me.

They are equally matched if stats the same so he can use the same as you. Its no disadvantage to either player.

If i use all my duffs ie all skills then you will be disadvantaged. Unless you are also a duffer BP and I enjoy a full skills vs with the same class we can both cure and heal and duff. although really its kinda pointless soemtimes just end up running outa pots which is way sometimes its nice to just comboand pot so at least someone will die.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

YOu may not have started as a warrior but your true passion obviously prevailed

2 BP's vs each is like tryign to make my argusment for me.

They are equally matched if stats the same so he can use the same as you. Its no disadvantage to either player.

If i use all my duffs ie all skills then you will be disadvantaged. Unless you are also a duffer BP and I enjoy a full skills vs with the same class we can both cure and heal and duff. although really its kinda pointless soemtimes just end up running outa pots which is way sometimes its nice to just comboand pot so at least someone will die.[/b]
    ok maybe i should give another example of what i meant(eventhough i wasn't even quoting u, was quoting nooby but ok)

lets say.. a rogue and a warrior.

the rogue's gona minor heal combo. the warrior doesn't have minor combo. so the rogue can't minor combo? so the warrior can't slide? i mean they're both skills aren't they? if u're talking about disadvantage, the rogue shouldn't use minor combo then because it can heal a LOT more than what a regular hp pot does, which is pretty unfair right? but no, ppl regard minor combo fair because u actually need MORE skill to use it. ofc i'm not talking about ful duffing a warrior n then thats a good battle, i'm saying it depends on the circumstances.(which is why i said it goes both ways so i don't know y ur argueing once again.)

n about my passion, u obviously don't know how much i hate warrior right now. i'm actually really into rogues/mages, don't mind a bp but i hate warriors because it is SO stiff. but yea u can keep saying thats my passion or w/e. i mean surely my trading of warrior for a mage/rogue on diez doesn't say anything!

TouchMyBlade

ok maybe i should give another example of what i meant(eventhough i wasn't even quoting u, was quoting nooby but ok)

lets say.. a rogue and a warrior.

the rogue's gona minor heal combo. the warrior doesn't have minor combo. so the rogue can't minor combo? so the warrior can't slide? i mean they're both skills aren't they? if u're talking about disadvantage, the rogue shouldn't use minor combo then because it can heal a LOT more than what a regular hp pot does, which is pretty unfair right? but no, ppl regard minor combo fair because u actually need MORE skill to use it. ofc i'm not talking about ful duffing a warrior n then thats a good battle, i'm saying it depends on the circumstances.(which is why i said it goes both ways so i don't know y ur argueing once again.)

n about my passion, u obviously don't know how much i hate warrior right now. i'm actually really into rogues/mages, don't mind a bp but i hate warriors because it is SO stiff. but yea u can keep saying thats my passion or w/e. i mean surely my trading of warrior for a mage/rogue on diez doesn't say anything![/b]
    This is my point your like well ok sin and warrior evenly matched anyway.

Sin minor heals because he has low AC and HP compared to warrior. Minor balances a sin.

Lvl 80 warrior vs 80 sin. the sin can blind meaning the warrio cant attack while blinded the warrior can then shock stun. and same effect.

However if lvl 79 vs 79 rogue can still blind warrior has no retaliation. If they lucky they coudl screm or legcut and run and pot up and then run back but sin could cure it. So why not both just tank.

Point is you and like others again mentioned that priest cant/shouldnt/its pointless for a priest to use all skills.

If duffs are to over powered then fine but if we giving up most of our skills you cant give up Blind in a vs? Seems a bit petty.

WTF you used heal WTF you duffed me? All i did t was blind beast hide armour cancellation critical point you. Why would you use a duff or heal you meaning thats not fair cry cry cry. Basically is take the same amount of skill to defeat a BP with all skills when they use only helis as it does for a BP to kill a warrior with all duffs. Zero skill/point. Your talkin about normal PK dont call it a vs then. If duffing is unfair then blind and shock stun is. If Shock stun blind is in so are duffs and heals. /run more plx

I dont know what is so hard to understand about limiting some skills when certain classes vs to make the match more even. I mean preist do it all the time.

still everything is allowed. why? because it is not forbidden by the game itself. you can make excuses and give reasons and say who is noob who is gay...in the end some bp is gonna come and massive/para/torment and heal himself in vs, some warrior will slide you, some mage will ice you, some rogue will lf away minor up and come back to give you more dmg...what you gonna do? bitch! and thats all any1 can do :P you cant make ppl obey rules that can not be inforced. you can only say "noob noob gay gay u use insertskillnamehere, you used insertdefitemhere" etc

TouchMyBlade

still everything is allowed. why? because it is not forbidden by the game itself. you can make excuses and give reasons and say who is noob who is gay...in the end some bp is gonna come and massive/para/torment and heal himself in vs, some warrior will slide you, some mage will ice you, some rogue will lf away minor up and come back to give you more dmg...what you gonna do? bitch! and thats all any1 can do :P you cant make ppl obey rules that can not be inforced. you can only say "noob noob gay gay u use insertskillnamehere, you used insertdefitemhere" etc[/b]

Post is about what is allowedin a "versus" the above is not a versus period. thats general PK.

Idea of vs is one persons skill agaist anothers. No skill involved when doing the above.

Any nub can play a char like that

Banned

+1 I'm looking to find whos more skilled. I always find people who use cheap skills to win are the ones who simply know they can't get close to redballing there oppenent without. Its ok though, the more skilled player usually comes out on top. The noob may win a few times with his lil cheap tactics ,but as long as he knows without those tactics he is just donating np.

So funny watching sins run around waiting for there blinding and cp to cooldown before vsing, how useless can you can get?

Normal pking is a whole different story, which is why you shouldn't mind me normal pking and running when I redball from your cp/blinding/shock stun/ ect ect.[/b]
    I don't see how these are cheap skills. You have to farm 1 hour to get 3 talias. You can cancel those talias in 2 minutes using acid pots that you buy from sundries in 2 minutes. You need to stop complaining and start utilizing the game more efficiently. There are no "cheap" tricks. Talias is actually a very "expensive" trick.

If you want to test your skills, make a lvl 1 character and start comboing each other like morons. This game is about levels, items, skills. Last I heard, talia was an item. Abyss blessing is a pot skill. Utilize them, don't complain.

iiason

same lvl vs, then any skill is allowed.

however if say a 70 sin vs a 69 sin. then BB shouldn't be allowed to be used when vsing.

same as when a 80 war vs a 79 war. HB shouldn't be used.

and 80 sin vs 78 sin. CP shouldn't be allowed.

dat's how i look at it anyway.

oO Jc Oo

It's the opposite. People who are putting restrictions are the one who are complaining when they can't win.[/b]

+1

ArminVanBuuren

same lvl vs, then any skill is allowed.

however if say a 70 sin vs a 69 sin. then BB shouldn't be allowed to be used when vsing.

same as when a 80 war vs a 79 war. HB shouldn't be used.

and 80 sin vs 78 sin. CP shouldn't be allowed.

dat's how i look at it anyway.[/b]
    That would depend...last time I dueled a lvl 70 sin with my lvl 69 sin I won even against BB (Scaled Skin FTW)...About everything, well, I still think that if someone wants to VS some other players, then should be ready to get everything from them...if not, what's the freaking point of dueling someone skilled if you don't want them to use their full skill on you? That's just lame, not being fair...If you are underlvled, then was not the other's fault, you are the one asking the duel...the other one is also capable of saying, I don't wanna duel, and so are you in case asked by someone let's say 10 lvls higher that you...it wouldn't mean you are a wussy, but realistic.

I've seen a post saying that people asking for everything to be allowed are the ones that cannot win...well, taking as an example the most famous sin in this game, try to see the video in which 0000000 duels Fluppy...I still don't see 0000000 bitching about it, even if I think he spend like 5 cures in just a single battle, and you cannot tell he's one that wouldn't win a battle...he dueled also 2 BPs, many warriors and mages, and everything was allowed...to get my point, if you want a VS against someone by using your rules, take him to the arena, talk to him, and if he accepts, then go on...but in CZ, when someone lures you away to fight 1 on 1, you can't blame him if he doesn't want to accept your "rules" because then at PK zones everything is allowed even if you don't like it.

Zxenke

when you start removing the usage of skills, you are removing the pure element of pk. stop bitching and get better items/level

During a 1v1 we know that specific weapon def is not allowed, usually undy too, or priest heal over time, abyss pots, or in my experience, 2 stealed sins and a full duffer( stupid orcs sit down to signal 1v1, then get me fully duffed and 2 sins to jump me once he redballs <_< ), Kiting with a mage, acid pot shower, etc etc.

But what about these:
    Blooding
    Shock Stun
    Any sort of Blind skills

are those technically "allowed" in a 1v1?[/b]

Z + R is the only way to do it.

thats how REAL men play.

no weapons, no armor....a fist fight to the DEATH!

Banned

I don&#39;t see how these are cheap skills. You have to farm 1 hour to get 3 talias. You can cancel those talias in 2 minutes using acid pots that you buy from sundries in 2 minutes. You need to stop complaining and start utilizing the game more efficiently. There are no "cheap" tricks. Talias is actually a very "expensive" trick.

If you want to test your skills, make a lvl 1 character and start comboing each other like morons. This game is about levels, items, skills. Last I heard, talia was an item. Abyss blessing is a pot skill. Utilize them, don&#39;t complain.[/b]
    LOL,

I&#39;m sure you don&#39;t expect anyone to stay for a 1 v 1 if talias and abyss pots are being used. Its simple I only care to see who is more skilled, as soon as I see an abyss pot used I already know the answer.

Whats funny is I find english players are more cheap when it comes to 1 v 1, they really just do not want to take a loss .

Another thing about priests, any good sin vs any good bp will not lose(full skills allowed, no rules). At the same time a bp will probably not lose.Now you can utilize the letter system so there is no "I ran out of cures".

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast