Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What screwed up KO

This is a discussion on What screwed up KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; was talking to someone the other day about ko and in their opinion, babashopping screwed up ko... which never occured ...
Page: 1

was talking to someone the other day about ko and in their opinion, babashopping screwed up ko...

which never occured to me...and still doesnt.

so im wondering what other people think...

lets assume koxp is a given...its something that will always be there...as well as duping...so until they change the code, dont mention koxp or duping or hacking...because this game is buggy as fuck and for as long as i can remember it, its been like this...

think of these little bugs as having a disfunctional family...it sucks, but you gotta love it...because in the end, they are stil your family

in my opinion, what really fucked the game was compounding of accessories...because back in the day, there was no such thing...so i think the game, at one point, was more skill based...and to an extent...it still is...

its just that, if you take a group of players with equal skill, then the determining factor then becomes gear...and if youre fighting a someone with +3s and you have +0s...then it becomes a hard fight to win...

so instead of people running around with +3 - +5 uniques, everyone only had a +0 and that was it...

pimp101

Turks!

Banned

its hard to decide...

there is the big problem, hackers, but i think that what that really ruined ko is k2 and how they take care to the game....

if they were serious and listening to their customers they could stop koxp long time ago...

Ganadorph Senior Member

Turks

wawh

how badly mgames coded this game and keep developing

how badly k2 handled their costumers

how 80% of the turkish kids play this game

these 3 things made me quit

turks....koxp...

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

James.

DaZeDAnDCoNfUsEd

the compounding bug helped screw the game up...8 +0s => 1x +3...easy as pie...

the availability of hacks to anyone also screwed it up as we all know...I don't want to point my finger at the turks because that isn't 100% fair since everyone (english, chinese, turkish, etc etc...) has access to it so...
    whether it be from the standpoint of money, exp, pking, etc etc...

finally, K2's greed...I personally feel that is the top reason why KO is so screwed up...we have seen time and time again that even in the worst of situations, K2 still wants us to pay more and more money...via PU events or whatnot...I don't remember the last time any non-PU event was held (via a GM or by K2...) in Xig, let alone ingame...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Here we go again.....

Seriously the biggest problem with KO has been it's age and the fact it was free to play and download. If you had to stump money up front for a CD key the amount of crap we all put up with for years would have vanished.

Back in 2004 KO was still incredably dated compaired to games like WOW. The ethos of K2 and the poor coding of the game just made it easier and easier for it to be hacked over and over again. It's not one singel thing that has made it like it is now but a chain of mistakes that have been going on and on for years.

All the games K2 offer are like this, low budget games with poorly matiend standards.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Here we go again.....
    Seriously the biggest problem with KO has been it's age and the fact it was free to play and download. If you had to stump money up front for a CD key the amount of crap we all put up with for years would have vanished.

Back in 2004 KO was still incredably dated compaired to games like WOW. The ethos of K2 and the poor coding of the game just made it easier and easier for it to be hacked over and over again. It's not one singel thing that has made it like it is now but a chain of mistakes that have been going on and on for years.

All the games K2 offer are like this, low budget games with poorly matiend standards.[/b]

And James. :P

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

And James. :P[/b]
    He was the orginal Admin that worked with Devile?

I got a level out of him when the fecking GM wiped my char in a renaming feck up!

But yeah James really didn't help the situation one bit.

Banned

whos james

POLISH PLAYBOY Senior Member BabaHypno's Avatar

Hackers ofc like every other game... Wait... every K2 game.

For me it's hard to understand WHY company like Blizzard will NEVER let hackers rule the server... K2 is FUCKING shit - what ruined KO? FAT HAND OF K2 OWNER

Banned

It's a combination of a lot of things. Things that could have been easily remedied if the game was hosted by a different company. No single problem this game faces is impossible to fix.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

The non-ability to compete with the hacks was what screwed it over. Everything was fun because before it was hard to achieve great items. Turks is what KO great I dunno what everyone is saying.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast