Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What screwed up KO

This is a discussion on What screwed up KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; whos james[/b] Arestides...
Page: 2

whos james[/b]
    Arestides

Little archer Senior Member

turks / chinese = without them no babashopping or hacks (only a few eng speakers hack.. maybe 5% out of all the KO hackers)

maybe compounding... they could just implement more and better jewelry uniques. the available jewels (the "good" ones) are soo limited and common...

edit: ooh i forgot K2

Hydr4

Babashopping , and especially buying/selling chars.

aviv screwed up usko

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Easy way to fix koxp would to just make the game pay to play like Felix said, or even put a Dark Mare or something in every exp spot, make it non aggressive and when koxpers hit it they die. Responsible GM's could help also, but thats far away from happening.

Banned

don't you see hackers in eslant?

they have speciall bot and they can attack only the monster they want even if there are 50 diffrent mobs in the same place.....

just put archer skills tbl server sided and range tbl server sided, then remove gm wall hack option, and you solved koxp and wall hack

Easy way to fix koxp would to just make the game pay to play like Felix said, or even put a Dark Mare or something in every exp spot, make it non aggressive and when koxpers hit it they die. Responsible GM's could help also, but thats far away from happening.[/b]
    ORRRRRRRR they could just take out 'z' or they could code better, or they could and here comes the million dollar solution

make archers and sins on a separate class...every koxper archer, koxps to 80 then changes sin...

BigApple

BUying and selling of items and accounts? I don't see anything wrong with that (except that it provides incentive to the unscrupulos to cheat and get items and characters to sell).
    I could put up with childish players (tp to golem anyone (hasnt everyone been at least once)).
    I could put up with hackers (well, except when they outnumber legits in pk).
    I can't put up with K2's: lack of support; lack of competent and timely bug fixes; and their ridiculous attempts to 'fix' the game that actually make it worse (account forgiveness, noah wipe, etc).

Richie

Game Management!
    K2 Networks is solely responsible for the way the game is today.
    Cheating/hacking, duping, $$$ transfers and scamming are all by-products of a poorly managed game.

1) arestides
    2) not banning turks when it was discussed
    3) accessory compounding and rebirth
    4) raising the level cap past 70

All the cheating can be blamed on K2 and in particular the reign of arestides. There is no anticheat to get rid of the hackers, there is no magic trick. The only solution is 24/7 stringent GM's. They had the GM's to run the game and they threw them out in return for a bunch of yes-men who would leave alone James' "contacts" and ban anyone who dared to cheat without first buying premium. Most of you probably never played KO before KE (2004-early 2005) but the game was fantastic and you will never experience how good it could have been.

Customer Service, Old Coding, and Security. Those 3 things a lone would handle 99% of all the problems in this game, everything else could fall under those but they are the source of ALL the problems.

Turks![/b]
    +1

was fine before they came... and they brought all the hacks... except duping... cause u used to be able to do that using just the tp gates :P

Peace

Dan

auditurbo4

The greatest minds to walk this earth...

K2

1. James/Arestides/GreatFraggle
    2. Greeks (mos,bidas and so on)
    3. All the expansions released after KE
    4. Changin of the lvl cap

Most of you probably never played KO before KE (2004-early 2005) but the game was fantastic and you will never experience how good it could have been.[/b]
    At that time there were other issues aswell.
    - Unstable servers, a lot of random crashes
    - Really poor security (cookie hack)
    - Extremely bad customer serivce (pretty much none)
    - Lags
    - Anvil bugs/pattern
    But I agree with u about the experience, it was still fantastic, it was fresh new feeling and I could exping for hours without getting mentally sick like nowadays. Oh, and all NPCs worked as intended. Unlike now with so many important NPCs that doesnt work (get out of Bifrost?)

Personally I would say stuff that screwed KO up are:
    - Jewelries compounding (from this point, we already lost to dupers)
    - Lvl cap to 80, ok ok.. I enjoy the lvl 72 skill helis, but it was also fun back where no such skill was even considered to exist.
    - Rebirthing + Valkyrie armors or whatever those new ones are called. (perfect for hiding armors)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast