Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PREMIUM PURCHASE WARNING

This is a discussion on PREMIUM PURCHASE WARNING within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; With this new "recurring billing" comes an unannounced change to the TOS. http://www.knightonlineworld.com/terms_of_use.php 6. We describe our fees and billing ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

With this new "recurring billing" comes an unannounced change to the TOS.

http://www.knightonlineworld.com/terms_of_use.php

6. We describe our fees and billing procedures at [a hotlink located at www.k2network.net], which are incorporated by reference and are subject to change at any time. All fees are stated in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise specified. All fees are to be paid to K2 Network and your failure to pay any fee due hereunder could result in the suspension or termination of your account. Upon your acceptance of these terms, we have the right to automatically charge your credit card the Account fee plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. Thereafter, each time your Account comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card the then–current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. If we are unable to process your credit card at a renewal period, or any payment is reversed, cancelled or charged back, your Account may be immediately suspended or terminated without notice. [If we make a game card ("Game Card") available and you use a Game Card to pay for your Account, the Game Card shall activate your Account for the period stated on the Game Card and, thereafter, you will either need to provide a valid credit card (in which case your credit card will subsequently be charged as referenced above) or purchase another Game Card for subsequent subscription periods, or your Account will be closed.] You may terminate your Account at any time through the Account registration process. If you terminate your Account during your initial free period, if any, your account will be closed at the end of the free period and you will not be billed. If you terminate your Account during any subscription cycle, your Account will be closed at the end of the then–current cycle and you will not be billed again unless you affirmatively reopen the Account. We do not give full or partial refunds for subscription periods that you have purchased. You will not be entitled to any refund if your account is suspended or terminated due to your violation of the terms of this Agreement.

My recommendation is to NOT PURCHASE PREMIUM until they change this or give us more information on the recurring billing.

Shane1911

I thought that this type of recurring billing was illegal?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Please "sign" my petition on the official forums if you'd like to see this rule changed. (please no swearing/griefing/etc I don't want the topic closed).

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=146815

Nothing illegal about recurring billing, just they've done it in a shitty way which could get you banned/deleted.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Just un-check the box after you buy premium?

Please "sign" my petition on the official forums if you'd like to see this rule changed. (please no swearing/griefing/etc I don't want the topic closed).

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=146815
    Nothing illegal about recurring billing, just they've done it in a shitty way which could get you banned/deleted.[/b]
    it will be illegal when they ignore peoples tickets who cannot access website then charge them premium automatically then u have a case

venom

well... ppl without access to homepage wont be able to write a ticket tho

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

well... ppl without access to homepage wont be able to write a ticket tho[/b]
    I tough the same.
    Good way to take money from ppl that forget to put it off. Dam k2.

bazzeeka

trust chuck norris to ninja this topic out xD but yeah this hole slab of premium bullshit is a bunch of bullshit and someone will take legal action sooner or later. and shut k2 down.. then we have nuthin to play kool kool lovely

i unchecked the box but can i buy premium the regular way later on ?

I thought that this type of recurring billing was illegal?[/b]
    It is illegal in this case because it is a f2p game. Only p2p games have the right to do recurring billing. WoW has recurring billing but you can cancel / re-add the subscription whenever you want.

its only saying if you try to bug it or something or charge back, your account will get banned :S

thats how it's been for ever

Banned Senior Member

It is illegal in this case because it is a f2p game. Only p2p games have the right to do recurring billing. WoW has recurring billing but you can cancel / re-add the subscription whenever you want.[/b]
    RuneScape is F2p as well, except with KO you have the choice to buy premium when you want. If you wanted to pay for membership for RS, it ALWAYS automatically billed you each month. You didn't have a choice unless you cancelled your account and redid it later. K2 gives you the option to buy the premium, and if you dont want to be billed every month, you just uncheck it. If you cant access the site then send in a ticket ( dont know why you wouldn't be able to log into the site )

venom

i unchecked the box but can i buy premium the regular way later on ?[/b]
    ye but every time you purchase ull have to disable this option !

af424

Anyone know how u prevent auto-renewel after purchase?

I forgot to uncheck the god damn box ((((

whassup

its been like this at the start of ko so... lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast