Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why doesn't k2 use xtrap ?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't k2 use xtrap ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've posted about this before alot of people called bs im used to it by now but really this screenshot ...
Page: 1

I've posted about this before alot of people called bs im used to it by now but really this screenshot speaks for itself and the other 2 players are well known players on this forum and in the server itself and the gm showed them also

XTRAP DETECTS ALL PROCESSES IT COULD BE USED TO AUTO-BAN KOXP

XTRAP DETECTS ALL PROCESSES IT COULD BE USED TO AUTO-BAN KOXP

now im no retard i've done alot of work with cheating programs and anti-cheating programs i know the makers of koxp (kosp , heavenfire watever its being called now) can hide the program to make it appear as something else however with most cheating programs they rarely do that and even then its still possible for anyone with enough knowledge to detect them even then .

K2's efforts used to be to just release a patch every time kosp/koxp got cracked and was free . Then for months and months k2 battled kosp/koxp and during that time speed hacking arrow hacking was rampant and it really only affected the legit players . Now speed hacking i would say is at an all time high and the newest threat to ko is gold farmers causing a headache for legit players and severely affecting the ingame markets .

K2 is now going to extreme lengths to stop the gold farming however in the process are affecting a large majority of the players who share with friends whom they've met through ko ppl who are thousands of miles away from each other which is really great . I know more spanish and turkish then i've ever wanted to know thanks to ko and i've played one of the biggest multi-lingual games in the world runescape for years .

so again i ask WHY DOESN'T K2 USE XTRAP?

Arthurios

koxpers buy premium = $

koxpers buy premium = $[/b]
    thats not the case these days it used to be but i think the amount of money they make off asian kids in california buying platinum premium out weighs the money they make off koxpers if you just look at the ban list u will see aaa1-aa1000 chars which tells you one thing most koxpers / farmers are using the 3 day free premium to there advantage

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

lol "accc info" :lol:

so again i ask WHY DOESN'T K2 USE XTRAP?[/b]
    I could be a great solution imho. h34r:

lol "accc info"[/b]
    i lol'ed irl too.

mrmagic2008

why is the GM suspicious about notepad being open? or was he just kidding around?

I know the people on that SS :P

Eh miss agusthus he was such a cool gm.

most of the hacks now a days use rootkits to not be detected as a process, so your idea wont work

why is the GM suspicious about notepad being open? or was he just kidding around?[/b]
    he was proving to us that xtrap works how i said because they banned someone close to us (a turk) who was banned for combo macro and no one believed it

most of the hacks now a days use rootkits to not be detected as a process, so your idea wont work[/b]
    still shows to xtrap tho as i told you im not a retard only way to hide it to xtrap is naming it a process that isn't obvious and even then with how xtrap works it could be easily made to do more as far as hiding koxp goes

lol "accc info" :lol:[/b]
    yeh well as most know i prefer playing other ppls accounts then my own so theres about 1000 infos in there and for the accounts of my own i save everything even the fucking image box verification lol

I could be a great solution imho. h34r:
    i lol'ed irl too.[/b]

i loled at gms "ohh ok"

Xtrap does detect all 3rd party tools used and all users current processes. K2 used another anti cheat back in the day of EARLY KO and it did detect and BAN all koxpers. But K2 cudn't have their turks not playing so they changed to X Trash.

Warden (also known as Warden Client) is an anti-cheating tool integrated in Blizzard Entertainment games such as Diablo II (since patch 1.11), StarCraft (patch 1.15), Warcraft III and most notably World of Warcraft. While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user's computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs.[1] Privacy advocates consider the program to be spyware.[2]

Banned Senior Member

I believe Blizzard still uses Warden in all their games, heard roomates talking about it for WoW

I believe Blizzard still uses Warden in all their games, heard roomates talking about it for WoW[/b]
    yeh just the point is no matter wat they use they dont use it the way it should be WOW DOES other games do auto ban why not k2 why do they deny xtrap does this its stupid if they really wanna fight cheaters have the balls to ban them

@giga .... why are u posting that were not looking another program im pointing out xtrap works it needs to be used and why aren't they

didinino

Warden (also known as Warden Client) is an anti-cheating tool integrated in Blizzard Entertainment games such as Diablo II (since patch 1.11), StarCraft (patch 1.15), Warcraft III and most notably World of Warcraft. While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user's computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs.[1] Privacy advocates consider the program to be spyware.[2][/b]
    one of the smartest programs imo.

damn they can catch like anyone who use a cheating program.

no wonder WoW has 'legit' gold farmers, since hacks simply gets banned immediately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast