"Why is Everquest is the best MMORPG out there?"

This is a discussion on "Why is Everquest is the best MMORPG out there?" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I found this review, and it perfectly explains how I feel about the game: By Legacee I have been playing ...
Page: 1

Psy

I found this review, and it perfectly explains how I feel about the game:

By Legacee

I have been playing Everquest off and on now for 7 years now and I can say, without a moment's hesitation, it is the best one out there. I know that some will argue with this, but as far as a really good online game for adults, you cannot top this one. I've tried DAoC, EQII, WoW, Vanguard and numerous others only to always come back to EQ. Like someone said earlier, the music will take you back several years just like a good tune on the radio will and remind you of something funny that happened in game, or that special event or person. This is an awesome game and unlike others that are full of kids, this game is too advanced and too technical in many respects for kids to even be able to understand. The average age is late 30's - 40's with quite a few older players as well, which I love to see.

The quests are like no others I've ever seen in a game. When a 9 year old can play WoW, I don't feel you can really say you've accomplished much when you get a high level character there; whereas, with EQ, when you hit the highest level, you KNOW you've accomplished a lot and so do all of those around you. Does it have the best interface, no. Does it have the best map system, absolutely not. Are the graphics the best, no to this as well but the game content is way beyond anything I've ever seen before and you submerge yourself into a virtual reality game that will keep you entertained for years to come.

And, no, you won't jump off of a building, drop out of school or quit your job unless you were looking for an excuse to in the first place.[/b]
    Now when I first started playing, I was no adult. But I guess the reason as to why I was so successful in KO was because I played Everquest for a year before jumping into KO. Yes, I played EQ at the same time as playing KO, but KO hasn't really been the same since about half way through the KE expansion for me. The game has gotten bad rep because of people blaming "real life" troubles on the game (most likely looking for an excuse, or they had [mental] problems to begin with), but that would only affirm the fact that it's a good game.

I'm going to start playing it again, and if anyone of you wish to join, I'll be on the Maelin Starpyre server. They have an anniversary expansion set out now that lets you buy all 13 current expansions for $20, which is a hell of a deal.

Also, there is a subscription cost and they are as follows:
    1-month ......... $14.99
    3-month ......... $41.97
    6-month ......... $77.94
    12-month ....... $143.88
    24-month ....... $199.95

I played the Trial and it sucked for me >.<... Im a FPS guy and the most competitive MMORPG i found is still KO

Plus i had sluggish performance :P ... Is this eq 2 or 1 ? bc i heard the 1st one was the better (i only played 2)

Toneh

My dad play&#39;s EQ. I&#39;m only 14 he started playing when i was like 10. I always watched him play it after school.
    On weekends i watched him play it for 16+Hours. He&#39;s the 1 who got me into MMOPRGS and this kinda stuff.

Psy

I played the Trial and it sucked for me >.<... Im a FPS guy and the most competitive MMORPG i found is still KO

Plus i had sluggish performance :P ... Is this eq 2 or 1 ? bc i heard the 1st one was the better (i only played 2)[/b]
    They don&#39;t offer free trials anymore for Everquest because a few people were abusing them. EQ 1 is superior to EQ 2 in the respects that there&#39;s more content and it offers a less artificial feel. I also like the vast differences, yet balance, in the classes. The graphics are a bit lacking in the older content, but the newer content is pretty damn good.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Well N_O tryed eq2 a bit, it really seemed nice. I played for like 3 weeks, during that time i really enjoyed it.