Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why I think the game won't be on in two years.

This is a discussion on Why I think the game won't be on in two years. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Blizz has gone overboard, that's true enough. But anarchy like we've had to put up with is just too much ...
Page: 2

OLD1953

Blizz has gone overboard, that's true enough. But anarchy like we've had to put up with is just too much in the opposite direction.

IMHO, Mythic has hit about the right balance.

marlot0

uh i thinked we play this game for pk and not for farm[/b]
    how you will have nice pk if dont farm

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

K2 never realised on the great sucess that KO was going to be. With the different genrations the game has gone through they have a product that keeps it raw appeal but then is constantly changing to attrack new players and for previous players to come back.

With you farming theory , you are makign asumtions that the np return is going to be very high but the test server was + 300% and JPKO has a much higher drop rate too. I twill be most likely that items will be very very rare still and remember things like ROF do not drop from the medales.

For a server to be overloaded with items would take a really long time when you think about the number of users there is and the number of worlds. it will be more likely as we get more and more unquies people wil lmake +1's 2 3 even some will push to go for +5's. The more seasoned players will start having more depth of items to help in situations better, people will start pimping all 3 chars up ect.

Even now people still struggle to get top unquies that are in a good volume on the older servers and I don't really see much change in this happening. With this patch the same thing as KE will happen where a big volume will start becomming the max level again and this time next year I can see a level cap increase again.

A game so simple will alway be able to be tweated and given a longer and longer life span. I'v played this game for 3 years now and I at the moment enjoying it just as much as I ever did.

every single game have to die one day, some are tomorow some are in 3 years

Old, you had one of these theories for ROFD too...

OLD1953

Old, you had one of these theories for ROFD too...[/b]
    Not that I can recall, I believe you must be thinking of someone else.

I've said b4 that an end to gold duping would cause prices to fall, and it certainly has. But I don't recall saying that the servers would become depopulated before today. I've said there would be a massive US player exit before, and that happened in spades on Diez. LOL, go count the number of English speaking human clans in the top 50 on Diez. IDK about orc clans, I don't do orc.

usko isn't gonna close anytime soon they are making way too much money... anyone even farmers need scrolls, they need premium too to stay online farming when the frequent dc happens. in response to the whole farmer crap all of american players really support 90% of baba shopping going on. If there was no usd market for in game items then people wouldnt spend so much time farming them. If all people stopped buying items for usd a lot of problems in ko would cease to exist. The fact is a lot of the farmers can make more money by playing ko and selling items then they could working a typical job in their country be it peru or turkey. The fact that mostly american kids will get their parents to buy them items or even hard working people will buy items from farmer/duper w.e messes up the economy of the server.. people trying to figure out gbs to dollar ratios then selling items in one server for usd to buy gbs in other cheaper servers and start up selling again. you want to eliminate farmers k2 should open unique pus that would really kill all unique items being sold for usd except from them h34r:

_Hybrid_

Its simple... they are digging their own hole

Maybe Blizz gonna buy USKO now? >.<[/b]
    fuking hope so, theirs cs is much better than this crap called k2 cs

OLD1953

usko isn&#39;t gonna close anytime soon they are making way too much money... anyone even farmers need scrolls, they need premium too to stay online farming when the frequent dc happens. in response to the whole farmer crap all of american players really support 90% of baba shopping going on. If there was no usd market for in game items then people wouldnt spend so much time farming them. If all people stopped buying items for usd a lot of problems in ko would cease to exist. The fact is a lot of the farmers can make more money by playing ko and selling items then they could working a typical job in their country be it peru or turkey. The fact that mostly american kids will get their parents to buy them items or even hard working people will buy items from farmer/duper w.e messes up the economy of the server.. people trying to figure out gbs to dollar ratios then selling items in one server for usd to buy gbs in other cheaper servers and start up selling again. you want to eliminate farmers k2 should open unique pus that would really kill all unique items being sold for usd except from them h34r:[/b]
    That&#39;s exactly my point, that the farmers will quit when the update comes out. The more the farmers sell out and quit, the more uniques and the cheaper they get. When the farmers start selling uniques for IGC and then selling IGC for USD, the end is near. They&#39;ll sell everything, sell or gift their account, and then they will be gone to another game they can make money in.

When the farmers leave, their hangers on will eventually leave. I don&#39;t believe US players will come in to replace them, other than casual players who won&#39;t buy premium.

A farmer considers premium an investment. If he can&#39;t make back that investment, he isn&#39;t going to play this game. And K2 loses that premium. Eventually it starts dropping to the point where they begin to consolidate servers.

It is just MHO, but I believe the end of KO is in sight.

For that matter, just look on the forum archives. Compare prices from a year ago to the prices today. CRAP, two years ago I personally knew people who were paying upwards of 2000 USD for a character with equips. And that was common!

You think farmers are making as much as they were two years ago?

mrmagic2008

it just takes another game with a pk system similar as KO. WoW and Guildwars aren&#39;t the same. Silkroad is nice but not the same as well.

3thos

Old, you had one of these theories for ROFD too...[/b]
    lol at that because i remember that exact post.

haha.

anyway, i am now quitting due to the sheer fact of this new expansion, i think its lame, and totally overboard with all the new armor, the new shields, the new weapons, and the new griphon armor? wtf is that shit. the top players get it, of course it is going to be the number 1 clan people, or the people who dupe and can not be killed, and the armor that they recieve on top of what they already have will be ridiculous. people say "reset everything" "delete all items and start new" ... its all luck imho ... i would have more unique items if i didnt have school 5 days a week because i could be in the bowl when the bosses spawn, i could stay up late late and wait for the servers to come back on ... in this game my theory is this "time is everything." , not only is time everything, you have to be at the right places at the right time, yesterday bosses spawning in bowl, everyone runs around in the bowl and tries to get the bosses, just so happened lycaon spawned right in front of me, what i get? lycaon pendant, nothing special but its something, running around continues afterwards, i see samma across the bowl, wrong place wrong time ... its all luck in this game to be completely honest.

now that i am done venting, the fact of the matter is, a lot of people are now going to quit because this new expansion ... i know about 40 people who said to me in game and on msn that they are quitting and selling all ... time to go to warhammer, goodluck all fellow ko people.

this is so retarded... people farm so they can get items for pking...

Dude no offence but your thinking tooo much,look at this game k2 has screwed up so many times yet the game is always full and i dont see much ppl leaving(1 english speaking person leaves,10 turks come).Unless someone or something throws an atom bomb on a turky this game will be fine xD

Sorry for the bad example,im not racist but thats the truth

bazzeeka

Thats Right? wat u want every one to have equal items equal lvl ....? it wouldnt be a game if turks left there would be 2 ppl in eslant or w/e 25 ppl pking no point in making a server that can hold so many ppl when 25 ppl are pking during the day.... Do the crime DO THE TIME ( farm be the best , WIN YOUR BATTLES ) the way the guy put this post is you want everyone to be equal items equal lvl ... it would be a boring game as for the expansion goes i played the beta and love the fuckin shit outta it... it brings a new generation to ko new ppl? as someone said

1. you will never stop USD sales
    2. theres allways a hole for hacking / no matter if u have the best company or programmers
    3. Expansion need to keep the game and money alive
    4. Dupe will allways be found!!! no matter how stable or unstable the server is
    5. play if u have a passion for it / dont play if you cant stand ppl be better then you . aka cheating.

No matter what game you go too ULL have the ABOVE 5 rules correct me if im wrong .!!!!

OLD1953

Thats Right? wat u want every one to have equal items equal lvl ....? it wouldnt be a game if turks left there would be 2 ppl in eslant or w/e 25 ppl pking no point in making a server that can hold so many ppl when 25 ppl are pking during the day.... Do the crime DO THE TIME ( farm be the best , WIN YOUR BATTLES ) the way the guy put this post is you want everyone to be equal items equal lvl ... it would be a boring game as for the expansion goes i played the beta and love the fuckin shit outta it... it brings a new generation to ko new ppl? as someone said

1. you will never stop USD sales
    2. theres allways a hole for hacking / no matter if u have the best company or programmers
    3. Expansion need to keep the game and money alive
    4. Dupe will allways be found!!! no matter how stable or unstable the server is
    5. play if u have a passion for it / dont play if you cant stand ppl be better then you . aka cheating.

No matter what game you go too ULL have the ABOVE 5 rules correct me if im wrong .!!!![/b]

I&#39;d really really like to see that part of my post where I said everyone should have the same items. Could you please repost it so I can read it, because I sure do not remember writing it.

If you don&#39;t like the NP/unique trade in, tough, that&#39;s part of the new patch. I didn&#39;t write the patch, so blaming me is kind of peculiar on your part.

1. if there is no profit, USD sales will drop down to real players selling to real players.
    2. of course there is, this is the most hacked game in history. However, duping is relatively easy to stop. Even K2/Mgame has managed that. Or did you think the dupers quit for summer vacation?
    3. An expansion that is detested will kill a game. Even DAOC nearly died over Trials of Atlantis.
    4. Duping is not some complex matter, it is relatively easy to stop. This isn&#39;t an arguement over the obvious, there is no easy dupe method now, this is self evident or there would be far more coins on the server.
    5. What&#39;s that got to do with anything I&#39;ve said here?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast