Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why KO is so popular in Turkey

This is a discussion on Why KO is so popular in Turkey within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza Check this, a regular siege war ) YouTube - ‪ayasofya csw ktipiyoz‬‏ this is very old ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza View Post
    this is very old video lol, at least 4 years old now everything has changed. It is not that popular anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsvern View Post
    Yeah WhY ?

Did K2 made more marketing in Turkey for KO?
    Did KO was the first MMO game in Turkey ?
    Did Turkish kid's brain is more often compatible to this game than whiteyyy one
    As an ex-internet cafe owner in turkey. I will answer some of these from my point of view.

1- No they didnt. KO got popular cos even the worst computer was able to play it on that days (32mb TNT2 graphic card, 128mb ram and low cost pentium3 or celeron was all u need).
    Many of these Turkish players have not achived anything in their life ( education etc. ) so when they were playing KO they filled that gap of not been able to achived anything and that made them feel good and in power.
    They have planty free time too, instead of sitting in the park or going to turkish cafes to play with play card ( which has age restricting 18 ) they prefered or to go internet cafes play cs,ko, etc.
    Another reason is, u can earn money from ko cos there us planty loser around who want to pwn all and they spend tons of money for items^^.
    2- No, it wasnt. I remember ultima online as a first. At least in my cafe^^.
    3-Turks r white too lol, They just have a lot of time to waste cos they dont care about school or future. Many just live the day.

About why I am still playing it. friends friends friends^^

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Well, out of everything I learned in this topic, the most amusing fact would be that internet cafes are the epitome of sausage fests.

lol that look jokes

ROFL at that link

that was fucking jokes

Quote Originally Posted by hoDoo View Post
    As an ex-internet cafe owner in turkey. I will answer some of these from my point of view.

1- No they didnt. KO got popular cos even the worst computer was able to play it on that days (32mb TNT2 graphic card, 128mb ram and low cost pentium3 or celeron was all u need).
    Many of these Turkish players have not achived anything in their life ( education etc. ) so when they were playing KO they filled that gap of not been able to achived anything and that made them feel good and in power.
    They have planty free time too, instead of sitting in the park or going to turkish cafes to play with play card ( which has age restricting 18 ) they prefered or to go internet cafes play cs,ko, etc.
    Another reason is, u can earn money from ko cos there us planty loser around who want to pwn all and they spend tons of money for items^^.
    2- No, it wasnt. I remember ultima online as a first. At least in my cafe^^.
    3-Turks r white too lol, They just have a lot of time to waste cos they dont care about school or future. Many just live the day.

About why I am still playing it. friends friends friends^^
    oo guneshh u neer told me u owned a cafeee

Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by theArdream View Post
    To poor to afford computers that could run real games + crappy internet so mabye ko was the only game they could play ?
    I think most mmo games used to be world wide so it has nothing to do whit beaing first in turkey.

I met other turks when playing wow that havn't heard about KO and some of them saying it's a shitty game etc so im not sure how popular it really is.
    and they can make eazy money lol

affiance

I think it started off like that because it was an old enough game that their PC's could handle it, i mean in that video above, look at their monitors

Now, its become so popular, its the Call of Duty of MMO's in Turkey.

To poor to afford computers that could run real games + crappy internet so mabye ko was the only game they could play ?
    I think most mmo games used to be world wide so it has nothing to do whit beaing first in turkey.

I met other turks when playing wow that havn't heard about KO and some of them saying it's a shitty game etc so im not sure how popular it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post

U deserve the grand price of spamming! U only dont spam but you also copy ur posts from other ppls posts. Congratz!

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    U deserve the grand price of spamming! U only dont spam but you also copy ur posts from other ppls posts. Congratz!
    I think that's just a spambot. A human would at least care to not copy sentences which state an opinion or personal experience.

Yap

bumppppppppppppppppp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12