Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why is old KO (2004-2006) much more fun then it is now?

This is a discussion on Why is old KO (2004-2006) much more fun then it is now? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone else feel this way? Been playing this game for 6 years and figured out that playing 6 years ago ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Why is old KO (2004-2006) much more fun then it is now?

Anyone else feel this way? Been playing this game for 6 years and figured out that playing 6 years ago was way more fun then now.
    Now you got :
    New and more:
    Maps
    Quest
    Items
    Premiums

and much easier leveling. Yet, never had much of a blast like I did in old KO.

walking up that secret hill on the left side of Karus main land going into zombie AOE party, always constant fun fights for the spots . Also spending hours and hours in Abyss gathering gems and Pk'ing. Damn, I can go on and on.

Anyone else miss these days.. and why??

it was the excitement of a new game, every day was an adventure, you wanted to learn the game, be the best, get the best items, make the right connections, real money trades were minimum, leveling required dedication, ability to buy the number of soul pots a day determined your financial position in the game, darkmares were important, shards raptors shells etc weren't so easy to get, people used to farm lamias for kukrys and ixb, premium didn't offer outrageous bonuses

it was no longer fun when people lost most of their items to dupe wipes, you saw dupers on ranking considered to be "good gun legit players", people started playing the forums more than the game itself, everything started to be about making videos, people started to consider selling and buying virtual items to be a business transaction, etc
    Last edited by darkcloud3; 05-16-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

I think the game would be much more fun today if it was made by a viable company. There's just too many bugs and anti-cheat is not effective. I think the game was best after the release of ROFD but before the Moradon expansion. It introduced plenty of variety compared to the old version, and most of it worked as well.

Banned

Grass is always greener on the other side, yo.

Little archer Senior Member

less turks.

"but cwest is..." duh, less turks = less players trying to find bugs = less hacks and abusing

Banned

razor u just sux i really dont know why u hate turks look c-west there are English.peru,spanish french chinese hackers

bodymartin

yeah I remember these days farming in abyss and pking from time to time for hours

I think the game was best after the release of ROFD
    I think you never played old ko.. only good thing after release of rofd were the first weeks in arrdream, so much pk fun

now pk is destroyed, IMO delete RLB and arrdream or make it like it used to be, 2 dark lunar wars (35-50) per week
    Last edited by bodymartin; 05-16-2010 at 05:27 AM.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

guys does it worth crying? unfortunately it's irreversible. The game was much better because there were crowded PK zones, exp slots too, there weren't unnecessary items, less bugs etc.

MinuteMaid

Because it was new. The game, the servers, the pk, the quests. They all sucked if you really think about it.

The only thing people miss is the communication and the adventure of beginning a new game.

pinoyzoi

Thats why I play KE private servers. If only their was a real server for OldKO/KE

MrH

Damn i miss MYKO was the best fun all day and yeah true be4 ko was more fun then nowdays but what can we do? huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzoi View Post
    Thats why I play KE private servers. If only their was a real server for OldKO/KE
    Not like it ever gonna be the same. Now you know where to exp, where to get money, how to combo... theres nothing new to explore = no fun

UrMomWasProLastNight

yea, i miss old ko too.

i still remember exping at apos/deru spots every day. i used a bill and some yellow +3 chitins so i could join the partys, (ppl thought i had a glave and nice chits, those were good at those days) if you didnt have that u almost didnt have a chance to join those partys.

also, cape was a real status symbol. nowadays everyone has one..

and one of the best thing was playing in a mage party, a warrior could lure alot of scorpions/etc and then come running by. and the whole mage party aoed them...

ah.. the good times...

Banned Senior Member

Because the current game is not fully pvp based + the items are a joke now with all this +9 stuffs.

If a chitin +1 dropped in old ko you was happy, now you trash it in sundries.

Yea lol, chitins were damn goodgun items. I remember people kicking others out from party to invite a person with one shard or some shiny 1h javana axe +1. Shiny weapons granted you a party slot for sure Also capes were pretty rare And that abyss farming.... amazing just amazing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast