Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why play?

This is a discussion on Why play? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I don't have a ton of time to play but when I do I have fun, mostly because of the ...
Page: 2

I don't have a ton of time to play but when I do I have fun, mostly because of the same guys I have known for a loong time.

Banned

Started playing for fun, but then continued playing for the money. I love me some money.

simple182

Its the the PK that gets people wanting to play this. and that links to trying to get better every single day just to be the best in the game

I play for the people that I know in the game, if nobody is online then I logoff. :P

tyrantowns

Honestly, it is because these kids have nothing better to do.

Honestly, it is because these kids have nothing better to do.[/b]
    Not all of them are kids.

Banned

only bcoz of pk with my friends, i still having fun like that

Shane1911

It is not important what we achieve in a lifetime, what is important is that we learn new things about ourselves and the world around us. May it be the joy of reaching high levels or the joy of getting a good boss drop. The biggest joy is helping others and being needed, some people will experience that through playing KO and develop into a worthy human being. If your open about opportunities you will see KO as one and when the time comes, you will know it is the time to move on.[/b]

Holy crap - I think you have a video game confused with a Nobel Prize application. :P

i don't get why our reasons matter to thse people that claims to "have quit ko" but comes on ko4life forum which is FOR ko and tries to degrade us.
    then call us kids? most of us have a life and doesn't need to come talk people down to feel better about ourselves. what we do in our free time and why we do it is non of ur bussiness.

I can only talk abt myself in this and cannot judge others... If your not into reading my life history jump to the last paragraph:

I was introduced to this game by a big friend of mine. He told me him and his brother are playing this awesome game...Knight Online...and they have a lot of English speaking friends even thou most ppl speak turkish. I started off with a priest coz its one of the most useful classes, clanless and in the old boring Moradon i lvled to abt 21 alone with the turks and the occassional english speaker (he was an archer, lvl 29 (wow at that time)). After a week or so i got fed up...and started playing other games...

At around christmas 06, my friend told me that its christmas season and a good way of making money was farming some trees and get high class items and get rich hehe. So I made a rogue (which was also needed in his clan), he lvled me to 45 and i joined my first clan in el morad, a new map for me at that time.

Anyway to cut a long story short...I started lvling with the clan always trying to xp on better and new game(monsters), meeting new ppl discussing pk tactics (even at lvl 50 lol)...at around that time i was really into the game...i luved the rogue and made sure i lvl 60 asap. I spent days expin with turks (difficult to get party) and w/o prem, after all that time playing i noticed that i had a really good combo, bought prem for the first time, started working on my minor heal which was decent and my running combo. At lvl 62, i used to get like half the kills of the clan party...After that it was a mania of always getting better.....Infinite practice on minor heal combo, i learnt all the basic combos and could combo with my eyes closed without missing a skill (for one round ofc), I used to watch all the pk vids, speak to the top assassins in the game for tips etc....

At around lvl 71 my friend and my leader of the best english speaking mage clan ever in edana, quit the game. For me it was as if i lost part of my character and motivation...the clan fell apart slowly and had to change clan. Joined an emerging clan which now is 1st best fully english speaking clan in the server. At around that time they took off the 3rd server and i was starting to experience a lot of lag on certain days and lots of trouble in war. Pk was already getting bad, but i was addicted gotta say and continued playing...

I buoght some elite gear from here...and went on lvling difficulty only really helped by plat prem. Dcs and lag made my game experience really bad. I just kept playing coz of all the friends i met here. Ofc the pk was thrilling, I always felt my heart in my throat in EVERY VS (till today).

The only thing that was left and that really killed my love for this game was MH CD. I practiced so much minor heal. BUT the worst thing, is that KO distorted the assassins image now, today its more like get me a priest in party to heal and let me hit hard to show you how strong i am. Previously it was, with gg items or not, I can still beat you...imo it was down to skill and intelligence. Humiliating a lvl 80 assassin infront of his own clan, when vsing me, a lvl 74 (at that time), was the coolest thing you could do! So really KO justed kicked me in the balls and through me out of the window, burning my dreams down.

Now i stopped lvling my loved character which i nurtured for 2years (or maybe occassional lvling with clan) and i bought a priest which is now my favourite class. Lag has become really bad now especially in war days and weekend, kopxers...I never saw KO in this stat. Kinda regret of wasting all the prem for lvling something I am not using today anyways...but I dnt regret all the experiences and laughs I had with my clan mates and not only.

I literally play KO so i keep in touch with my friends and kill time every now and again, and pk is a constant challenge. TV is boring and non interactive.

http://www.freewebs.com/iyekill for some pics.

Edit: P.S. rereading this sounds i never had rl friends...but i did, actually had more rl friends when i was in the craze then now.

FRIEND'S , FUN , GIVE ME A CHANCE TO NOT GET BORED IN MY FREE TIME, AND COUSE I LIKE IT HELL!!!

Im addicted. And bored. And addicted[/b]
    +1

Yun_Yuuzhan

I always play games I love for long periods of time, off and on. KO is an all time favorite of mine since I've only come across one game that even came close to its PvP experience. Most MMOs these days have really laughably bad PvP systems.

Inevitably though I always get annoyed with the ever-present cheaters. I don't like competing with a damn bot party for an xp spot, and I don't think people willing to pay a monthly fee for KO-XP to cheat in a free online video game are worth very much.

In addition, the state the real world economy is in has left me, unfortunately, with a pay cut. This means free games are worth a lot to me these days, as I buckle down and focus more on saving than on spending.

to have fun

-to relax between 2 exams or after a hard week
    -to have fun when im bored
    -to improve my english
    -to play with my friends

Ok, KO has problems, but in my opinion its pk system is the best ever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast