Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Wich is the best bow

This is a discussion on Wich is the best bow within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; rad isnt dcz, hes probably one of the best archers in cz on his server. ive got a question about ...
Page: 5

Babiesforlunch

rad isnt dcz, hes probably one of the best archers in cz on his server.

ive got a question about helenid and ee. if i had a choice between ee +8 and helenid +8, which should i go with? i probably cant afford or find wep enchant scrolls every hour. in this situation, should i go with the ee or helenid?[/b]
    The best part about the Helenid is the high element and the use of weapon enchants gives you about or over 100 ap boost which is huge. If you lack resists and you think Sword Def is THAT important then go with the EE (not that the 10 or whatever amount of resist is going to change much). Otherwise I would go with the Helenid+8 everytime.

Babiesforlunch

just my luck.. i get stuck in some bizarro world flame war with 2 kids over some stupidshit..
    bottom line archer isnt just about ap..

anyway these r some of the gg archers that i learned to play archer from back in teh day
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...est+diez+archer
    Tormentors/z4Life
    <3 KiwiAssassin too [/b]
    I don&#39;t think we ever said anything about it being all about ap. I played tank build for a very long time until i joined with sirkill to make one very strong archer. I am still learning how to play as ap archer but I still play the same way just hit alot harder. I&#39;m not flaming here, it&#39;s more of a debate. I&#39;m just saying you put two archers in a vs with the same gear and give one the EE+8 and the other the Helenid+8 with enchant, and the guy with Helenid will win every time.

1337bOOm

what if he cant afford a wep enchant? who would win then?

alldamdayboy

I&#39;m just saying you put two archers in a vs with the same gear and give one the EE+8 and the other the Helenid+8 with enchant, and the guy with Helenid will win every time.[/b]
    i beg to differ
    The best part about the Helenid is the high element and the use of weapon enchants gives you about or over 100 ap boost which is huge. If you lack resists and you think Sword Def is THAT important then go with the EE (not that the 10 or whatever amount of resist is going to change much). Otherwise I would go with the Helenid+8 everytime.[/b]

lol u get alot more than sword def

what if he cant afford a wep enchant? who would win then?[/b]

I would either way...

Babiesforlunch

glacier and flame is nice I won&#39;t say no. But I&#39;ve used a Helenid+8 for a couple months now and There are some EE+8&#39;s yet they still want to buy my Helenid+8. There is a reason for that. STR and Sword def is pretty worthless. The Flame and Glacier is what makes it the most attractive for me. I already take a huge undying because I have a very nice set for my server, and the 170 HP and MP is pretty worthless to me to be honest.

The weapon enchant gives you about 4 or 5 AP more so the AP is like 134-135 and add the extra 10 element and the 100% slow rate This bow Pwns all.

alldamdayboy

i never tested it myself but supposedly the animations for crossbows is slower than bows..

Babiesforlunch

I would either way...[/b]
    My money is on Rad. and if you seriously can&#39;t afford weapon enchants for 500-750K then you shouldn&#39;t be playing in the first place

i never tested it myself but supposedly the animations for crossbows is slower than bows..[/b]
    I thought this was true but I tested a long time ago with a friend and it&#39;s the same attack speed, it only looks that way because on Bow&#39;s the only animation is pulling the string back but Xbow&#39;s you have to raise your arm and fire. They both hit at the same rate though just a sexier animation on bows.

alldamdayboy

glacier and flame is nice I won&#39;t say no. But I&#39;ve used a Helenid+8 for a couple months now and There are some EE+8&#39;s yet they still want to buy my Helenid+8. There is a reason for that. STR and Sword def is pretty worthless. The Flame and Glacier is what makes it the most attractive for me. I already take a huge undying because I have a very nice set for my server, and the 170 HP and MP is pretty worthless to me to be honest.

The weapon enchant gives you about 4 or 5 AP more so the AP is like 134-135 and add the extra 10 element and the 100% slow rate This bow Pwns all.[/b]
    its like wearing an extra hp valk set w/ resist+str

i dont think its 100% ice.. depends resists of the char u attacking

sexiest=personal bow+8
    if mine didnt burn to 8 i prolly would still have that char <_<

sirkill

its like wearing an extra hp valk set w/ resist+str[/b]
    eww but its not a big difference......170hp thats like warriors "r" attack so that hp is almost useless, and the 170 mana...thats only a little more then half the mana required to use 1 dp so i think thats pointless to, the str bonus is useless imo, get a str set+7 if u really want some str for pots/styx, and the glaicer dmg on the helenid+8 will do more in arrow shower from what people say and also it makes ice arrow a pretty sure thing even without wep enchant helenid+8>ee+8

and as babies said the animation on c bow and iron bow is the same time it just looks different because you raise ur arm to fire rather then just pulling bow back......BUT im going to check that again myself to make sure its the same time

1337bOOm

well still, its a lot of money in the end spent on wep enchants.

would you use wep enchants for xp or pk only? and which would you choose if i threw in a +9 iron bow. +8 helenid, +8 ee, or a +9 iron bow?

sirkill

+9 iron bow hands down u just cant beat its raw ap, and i only use wep enchants to pk

destroy

this whole topic is bull shit, DMG is taken from your AP, not from your bow and depend mostly on luck. Rapt bow ftw!

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

First of all, EEB+8 > Hel +8
    The enchant might help you in the dmg dealing and give you more ap, but com&#39;n i&#39;d prefere
    13str / 90poison / 170hp / 170mp / 7sword def / 22 fr/ 22 gr above the extra ap the helenid gives (+helenid looks shit )
    Allso i am talking about ppl that are good equipped and dont rly need to aim for ap that much.

Like if you have 3k ap as archer and only have 800ac / 10res to all you&#39;d get owned easly.
    You gotta know how to balance you&#39;r ap/hp/res.

ye ppl might say archers need ap only, but its bs
    A good archer knows how to allso be a support rogue (using styx, cure, minor, ect...)

oh well that was my opinion

if you wanne know
    Helenid +7 + enchant is better then IB +4rb but worse then IB+8

SillyHo

Spree I would agree, cept the resistances arent enough to matter. If you only had 10 and "bumped" it up to 32, you still are getting owned by mages. The str to me is a waste, its why I have an enion bow, so reality is the small MP and HP bonuses. I would take the helenid then for raw AP over a small HP/MP/RES boost.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast