Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Will the new steam server require prem to login?

This is a discussion on Will the new steam server require prem to login? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; At peak times, which will be... Always, will it? From the way i understood, yes, but I'm not sure. Any ...
Page: 1

Default Will the new steam server require prem to login?

At peak times, which will be... Always, will it?

From the way i understood, yes, but I'm not sure. Any info is appreciated... If it requires prem, no new players will come, which is a dumb move, since all merching and real "fun" is usually on server 1 lol

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

If they have same system as in USKO, they will have ques. Premiums will have advantage in que, since they can move head of non prems.
    Just like in real life. Club ques lets VIP/people in the "list" in b4 regular joes

get my name on the list plzz xD

KO servers have a limited user count, which is why they give premium users an advantage over regular players. Not sure about the exact numbers, but I think it's somewhere around 2000 users per server and 500 slots are usually reserved for premium users. Or that's how I recall it being back in the day anyway. Who knows, maybe they updated their systems?

Short answer, yes you will need premium to log in.

Little archer Senior Member

If they keep that "queue" system they'll basically get rid of any new player before they can even log in-game haha.
    mortal likes this.

not to mention they are set as "free to play" and I don't see much free of queue for hours before you get in-game while premiums go over you. There is a reason why steam games don't have queues.

in the end will come to if they will put ''bdw'' and pk zones at server 2-3-4-5 because if not even if new players or no premium users could login they won't be able to pk or go to the events so...

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Seems like NTTGame will do their best to keep it available for non-premium users as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    More information about the upcoming server.

• If the primary server reaches capacity early, we will open an additional server to accommodate those who wish to play Knight Online.
    I guess it means they'll release another server(not a channel, a whole new server) if Cypher will be full - which is going to happen IMO.
    But they might just add more channels, might work out better.
    azreal313 likes this.

if they make a new server might screw the first one like what happen to Orion got so full on release that they opened Destan and you see today Orion dead and Destan still full of people .

They can open more subservers but cmon, who wants to play on anywhere other than server 1? Unless you have a pre planned party in another server, its so much easier to level in server 1 and that's where all the merchanting is...
    BaanNekTharious likes this.

There will be some purashe restricions will we be able to buy exp prem 1st day ?

Why the fuck would they do subservers when they could just remove "private slots" for premium users, and increase the capacity of people before it's asking for a queue.... I mean c'mon on WOW even with 5k you can get in instantly...... KO is what 1500?..... time to update the client lads.

why update the client when you're making money off it's garbageness?

does the queue system actually work? or will it put you in a queue for 30 mins and then kick you out for teh luls? if the queue system isn't too too bad i might just end up playing anyway, because koislyfe

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post

does the queue system actually work? or will it put you in a queue for 30 mins and then kick you out for teh luls? if the queue system isn't too too bad i might just end up playing anyway, because koislyfe
    No, just a cheap and rather distasteful way of giving you 'hope' of logging in just to disconnect you in the end.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post

Yes, it does actually work, however on Midgard it would close your connection after 10 minutes and you would have to restart to join the queue (there was a work around though to that so you would never get kicked out), dunno how it will work here.
    :gyrgi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast